Question about Spring Dapper Day

Kirbie

Mouseketeer
Hello!

Has anyone visited during the Spring Dapper Day event? I know there's an expo the Friday-Sunday of the event. I'm curious how the event and expo impact crowds? Will the Thursday/Friday before Dapper Day be busier than the Monday/Tuesday after the event?

Trying to plan my spring trip now and trying to avoid crazy crowds. Thank You!!

Yes, it will definitely be very busy on the Friday-Sunday. Most of all on actual Dapper Day. Lots of locals descend on the parks, especially APs (as they try to plan for a day with minimal blackouts), and people who do it as their annual visit. Crowds will lessen on the Monday/Tuesday, as people are back at work/school or gone home altogether.

That being said, while it will be crowded, with long wait times and food lines and crowds for performances, it is still awesome! People go all out in their outfits and it is just amazing people watching. It is honestly my favorite Disney day of the year and I was sooo sad I couldn't go this year!

It is fun!!!

FWIW- For fall Dapper Day (the only one I've done) the crowds felt like Summer-level for the days leading up to Dapper Day to me. Totally manageable. But Dapper Day itself was a madhouse. Thankfully we'd ridden everything we wanted to by that point because the crowds were just too much for me to deal with. People watching that day was great though! I highly recommeand reservations for lunch and dinner that day. (Spring Dapper Day is known to have better weather so that might up the crowds for that one.)

It is definitely busier than usual, but so much fun! My friend and I went to spring Dapper Day in 2016 and had a blast. We were focused on taking lots of pictures, so we actually didn't try to ride too much, instead focusing on finding good spots for photos and for character interactions.

I'm going for 3 days this fall dapper day because it's also my b-day! My plan is to do as many rides as I can get Max Passes for, but let things be laid back. I will likely be hanging out at the Jolly Holiday patio seating and do a lot of people watching. I'll also get a Fantasmic dinner package so I can actually see the show (haven't decided which restaurant, might splash out for blue bayou). On Monday and Tuesday following is when I'll really do the parks. I figured after dapper day will be less busy compared to before it. Hopefully that theory works out. I'll post a trip report afterward, so you might be able to get some knowledge about crowds then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter