Question About Snack Credits

Did you use all of your snack credits last time on the DDP or DxDDP?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I know that if you are on the DDP or the DxDDP, you get so many snack credits per day per person.

What I constantly giggle at is people who say they "have so many snack credits left at the end".

I know in my five days at WDW, I would have at least 3 bottles of soda per day... not to mention a Mickey Bar or Frozen Banana here and there. I don't think it would be hard to use 2 per day at all, especially when I see how many choices there are out there!

How many out there use all of their SC during their stay, without having to go nuts at the end and fill your suitcase?

In theory, I always think we'll use them all, but so far, we only have once.

On the basic DDP in Oct '05, we didn't, but the snack options were much more limited back then so we did pay OOP for things that are eligible snacks now.

On the basic DDP in Aug '07, we used them all.

On the deluxe DDP in Jan '08, we didn't even come close. We brought home 40-some snacks, out of the 88 credits we had for the trip. I was newly pregnant, though, so my appetite was uneven and my stomach was uneasy for a lot of that trip.

I don't expect we'll have as many left over on the next trip, since we've got the little one (under 3 & not on the plan) and it'll be during a hot time of year so we'll probably use more credits for bottled waters and frozen treats.

We always make sure to use them before we leave at the end of our trip. Even if it means taking home a few mickey mouse rice krispie heads in our suitcase.

We've done the regular DDP twice now, and have scrambled at the end to use up the snack credits. I think last trip we had about 7 leftover.

The problem that we found is that we eat so much food during the meals, that we are never hungry for snacks! Last trip, I personally did not eat a Mickey ice cream bar the entire trip:sad2: I was always too full!!

This is one of the reasons we're not doing the DDP again. We are trying out the QSDP, and hoping for the best! (the portions are smaller, generally, so I think we'll fare better this time around!)

ETA: We DO use them all...we just end up bringing things home with us.

We managed to use all of our CS and TS credits last trip but had a ton of SC that we had to use up on the last day.

We have 4 adults, 1 child and 1 infant staying for 8 nights so we had 40 TS credits (32A and 8C), 40 CS and 40 SC. We took breakfast food from home that we ate in the room. Literally by the 2nd day we didn't even want to eat because we were so full. On the last day we had something like 24 SC left - we bought a bunch of candy, chips, etc. to bring home.

I can't wait to do it again in November!!

Snack Credit Tip--My wife and I use ours during the Food and Wine Festival since you can use your snack credits to purchase most of the food there.

I'm looking forward to doing this for the first time this year! I've got one day in the plans where lunch will be nothing but snack credits around the F&W festival booths and another where we'll be having an early lunch, early dinner, and late night enjoying evening EMH with our snacks. :cloud9:

To me, it makes no sense to do the DDP if you are going to scramble at the last minute to buy snacks to take home. Why not skip the plan and just pay OOP? That way, you only buy what you want to eat, not what the DDP says you have to buy. If you are sharing meals, then you would probably spend a lot less without the DDP.

One reason we had SC left was because we traded TS credits for CS credits. So we got 2 extra SC person. There were 3 of us and we had 10 SC left. I let the girls go to Goofy's Candy store and they bought lollipops home for their friends. I'll pay for a $2 drink and use a SC for a $3.95 lollipop. Worth it to me.

To me, it makes no sense to do the DDP if you are going to scramble at the last minute to buy snacks to take home. Why not skip the plan and just pay OOP? That way, you only buy what you want to eat, not what the DDP says you have to buy. If you are sharing meals, then you would probably spend a lot less without the DDP.

Because I've actually sat down with the menus, and priced out exactly what we are likely to buy without the plan. We still save money with the plan, and that's not even with eating a TS meal everyday. It saves us money, and we eat better if we have it.

I can only speak for myself here but we were on the free DDP both times we visited WDW! :goodvibes There are plenty of delicious, pre-packaged snacks available to take home under DDP snack credits. We drive, so space is not an issue nor is climate (as in for melting)! We brought some home as treats for nieces/nephews and for ourself to enjoy long after we were back! :rotfl:

Personally, I don't want to share meals on vacation! I like to order what I want, not compromise with another member of my family.

For us, the deluxe plan makes sense on meals alone. The snacks are just a nice bonus that we use mostly for drinks and fruit, and if we have some left to take treats home for the kids friends, that's just a little less that we're spending on souvenirs. I do the math every trip, and every trip I'm blown away by how much we save with the plan even though we don't order dessert with every meal, sometimes share appetizers, and often order the cheapest thing on the menu (I eat a lot of chicken & pasta).

popcorn::This is great info on how to get the most for your money. Thanks to all the great posts that helped out!!

We had credits leftover because on our last day I had planned a breakfast at the Main St. Bakery. We were going to use our last 4 snack credits on cinnamon rolls and drinks. Their computers were down and they could only do cash transactions, so I ended up getting some waters and Mickey ears to take with us to the airport. No way I was going to waste them.

I can only speak for myself here but we were on the free DDP both times we visited WDW! :goodvibes There are plenty of delicious, pre-packaged snacks available to take home under DDP snack credits. We drive, so space is not an issue nor is climate (as in for melting)! We brought some home as treats for nieces/nephews and for ourself to enjoy long after we were back! :rotfl:

Free dining is a no brainer. However, I just have to laugh at the people complaining about paying for the DDP and then not being able to use the credits up. If you don't need all that food, buy what you will eat.

One reason we had SC left was because we traded TS credits for CS credits. So we got 2 extra SC person. There were 3 of us and we had 10 SC left. I let the girls go to Goofy's Candy store and they bought lollipops home for their friends. I'll pay for a $2 drink and use a SC for a $3.95 lollipop. Worth it to me.

Can you please tell me what you need to do to switch TS credits to CS credits? And then you get 2 snack credits per TS you switched? We're going to the Food & Wine Festival. And since we can use snack credits for the food there & its during free dining when it might be hard to get TS ressies, this would work out really well for us. TIA

Of our 20 SC's on our trip, we had 11 left on the last day. We made a stop at the Main Street Bakery for a half dozen muffins, a brownie, and 4 diet cokes for the road. :thumbsup2

If I could've found the candy shop, I'd have bought up some fudge... but I wasn't sure exactly where it was!

We always use all our snack credits. We use many of them for breakfast at Main Street Bakery & Starring Rolls at DHS...YUMM. :goodvibes

Can you please tell me what you need to do to switch TS credits to CS credits? And then you get 2 snack credits per TS you switched?

During "free dining", because of the high demand for TS locations, they have in previous years offered the option of using a TS credit at a CS location. When you did so, you got a "bonus" of some sort to go with it -- 2 snack credit "coupons", a lanyard, a bag, etc. I think it's typically been a choice of either the snacks or a specific item.

We've used DDP 5 times now. First time paid for it, other 4 times free.:cool1: We'll be doing it again this year. We ALWAYS have SC to use up on the last day. As well as CS credits. We use our CS for food on the plane and use our SC for snacks, etc. to take home or eat on the plane.

This year I am promising myself that I will not be running around on the last day to use up our credits. I will use my SC on the 2nd to the last day.:thumbsup2

As PP have stated, there is just so much food on the DDP (even w/o appetizers) that we found that we aren't that hungry between meals for snacks. Also, when it's hot, we eat less.

Now I will also say that we always have a rental vehicle and make a stop at Walmart or Super Target for breakfast foods, fruit, snacks, water and sodas.

We don't use our SC for drinks (I just can't bring myself to do it) or for fruit. We bring our own snacks when going to the waterparks. We eat most of our breakfasts in our room. Though as we get closer to the end of the trip we start using CS for breakfast in the food court. Also our last meal is a TS breakfast.

Oh and another reason we don't use SC for drinks is we always get the refillable mugs so we get bottled beverages with most CS meals. These we keep in the room. The bottles are easy to carry around. We get waters, juices,etc. My DD is looking forward to getting Minute Maid Cranberry juice again, this Sept. Last year she seemed to have a little bladder trouble so I convinced her that drinking cranberry juice would help. She did, and it did! :yay:

If we didn't have food/snacks/drinks in the room, then we would probably have no trouble using all our credits.

During "free dining", because of the high demand for TS locations, they have in previous years offered the option of using a TS credit at a CS location. When you did so, you got a "bonus" of some sort to go with it -- 2 snack credit "coupons", a lanyard, a bag, etc. I think it's typically been a choice of either the snacks or a specific item.
Thank you. Do I just tell them @ the CS or do I have to do it @ the front desk of the resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter