Question about shipping package to Disney resort

nikkers

Mouseketeer
I am sure this question has been previously asked, but my search is not working. When you ship a package to a resort how do you address it? Do you put your name and dates of stay on it? I guess I am wondering how they identify it is your package?
Thanks for the info!

Yes and I believe your ressie # too

Let us take AS Sports as an example

Acme Toy Company sends the back ordered doll in time for your holiday to

Disney all star sports resort
1701 west Buena vista drive
lake Buena vista, fl 32830
ATTN: John Q Public
Arriving January 24

Then when Johnny arrives he picks up the package...or if it arrives after he is there it is delivered to his room.

Ta Da :thumbsup2 :banana: :dance3: :cheer2:

Let us take AS Sports as an example

Acme Toy Company sends the back ordered doll in time for your holiday to

Disney all star sports resort
1701 west Buena vista drive
lake Buena vista, fl 32830
ATTN: John Q Public
Arriving January 24

Then when Johnny arrives he picks up the package...or if it arrives after he is there it is delivered to his room.

Ta Da :thumbsup2 :banana: :dance3: :cheer2:

Thank you! That is what I needed to know. :thumbsup2

We sent our "care package" out last Saturday from our UPS store and addressed it to our resort and put our name and arrival date at the bottom of the address and also on the package. Called lastnight and it is there waiting for us.:thumbsup2

Do they charge to recieve packages ahead of time? I read on another post that they "thought" they did. It also said something about convention resorts? I am staying at POR so I have no idea. I was thinking of having some bottled water shipped in from costco.

Here's a question. Is there a limit on how far ahead you can ship things before you arrive? Like shipping a stroller for the swap, can you ship it a month or few weeks ahead?

We just returned (wah!).

All 3 were waiting for me at the desk at check in however the first to arrive was the last one they found, I had to send them back to check as I knew it was there so they must store by arrival date and not guest (guessing). No charge for the storage and pickup at all but none of mine were big boxes. Not sure if that would matter or not.

I like to pack breakfast Items,like muffins and cininmoon rolls how do I keep them from getting smashed and tossed around iN the boxs.

I like to pack breakfast Items,like muffins and cininmoon rolls how do I keep them from getting smashed and tossed around iN the boxs.

How about packing them in hard sided plastic containers (like Tupper Ware containers). We don't ship stuff, ahead but do sometimes put muffins, breakfast bars, and Pop Tarts in our checked bag. They've never arrived crushed as long as they were protected in hard plastic containers.

How about packing them in hard sided plastic containers (like Tupper Ware containers). We don't ship stuff, ahead but do sometimes put muffins, breakfast bars, and Pop Tarts in our checked bag. They've never arrived crushed as long as they were protected in hard plastic containers.

Thats a good Idea:thumbsup2, I was thinking of boxs but the plastic cotainers are better Idea

Do they charge to recieve packages ahead of time? I read on another post that they "thought" they did. It also said something about convention resorts? I am staying at POR so I have no idea. I was thinking of having some bottled water shipped in from costco.

we were just wondering the same exact thing, also for POR. i couldn't find a definitive answer about a handling or storage fee.

In my experience, there has never been a package handling fee with the resort. I think that applies to convention type resorts.

When we checked in, the front desk called and asked to have our package brought to our room and said we would have it within 1/2 hour if we were staying in our room. After 1.5 hours, I called the front desk who transferred me to the Business Center who said they were never told to deliver the package and sent someone right up.

This was at BCV.

When shipping to a Disney resort...can you only use UPS or can u use other carriers (fed ex..usps?)

Thanks

All you need to do is put the name on it. I shipped packages before and as long as you time the shipping correctly it should arrive when you do.

Convention hotels may charge if you are presenting or a vendor at the convention. I sent items down for our trip to the Contemporary resort (staying in Bay Lake Tower). I had to pickup my box at the convention "business center" after getting a run-around from a couple CM's that had no idea. After I told them my story of being sent 2 other places, they waived the $9 package holding and receiving convenience fee.

I think this policy is really just to prevent (or compensate) for having to handle huge display units mailed in advance by companies sponsoring a booth at a conference. I'm a conference planner so I understand why this is necessary, but for regular guests it's unusual and unnecessary since Disney non-convention resorts don't do it. I have shipped to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness campground without any charge, they will gladly deliver the package right to your resort room or RV (in my case) for free.

I think Boardwalk, Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Grand Floridian, Yacht and Beach Club are the Disney convention resorts. I am curious if on-property non-Disney Swan and Dolphin convention resorts also charge to receive packages?

The business centers are not run by Disney they are run by Ikon Office Solutions and that is why there is a handling charge.

If it's a convention resort, there more than likely will be a charge. I have heard that USPS doesn't deliver to the hotels directly, they deliver to one place, and then from there it goes to the resorts. It seems to slow it down some. Fedex and UPS deliver directly to the resorts.
We shipped fedex and had no problems. The box made it just fine. before we left I printed a return label to ship it all back. This worked really great, then I didn't have to worry about getting our box to the front desk by a certain time so I could pay. There is a great thread in the Resorts area about shipping to resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!