Question about room charges

SendLessRain

I always want a happy ending
Is there a way to have room keys/MYW cards tied to specific credit cards? We are taking our neighbor kid to WDW and it would be nice if he could charge things to the room and have it go on his parents card and not ours. One less thing to have to sort out when we get back.

There is a way, but I don't know how to tell you to do it. I have no doubt another helpful poster will be along soon to describe the process to you.

If his parents are not there, they may not allow him to use their card. I would think they would want a signature. What if he gets a gift card to bring with him?

1) You might get WDW to use the parent's card for the kid.
2) Bringing a note from the other parents should help.
3) When you check-in, ask for SHARE, as below:

. . . Every room key with charging can be tied to a different credit card.
. . . Those arriving at same time or even later can tie their key to their own credit card.
. . . Have them ask for a "SHARE" when they check-in. (Use this specific word.)
. . . If CM doesn't know how, ask them to check the Front Desk Manual.

Example:
Mom and daughter in same room.
Mom can have her room key tied to the mother's MasterCard for mother's purchases.
Daughter can have her room key tied to the daughter's VISA for daughter's purchases.

Process:
. . . mom checks in, with her credit card, just as usual and gets room #1212
. . . daughter tells Front Desk CM this is a "SHARE" room
. . . daughter must use this exact phrase, as it has special meaning
. . . daughter checks-in using her credit card and gets a virtual room #1212a
. . . repeat for as many credit cards room people want to use
. . . mother and daughter (and others) purchases now go to individual credit cards
. . . one or both could pay a part of the room bill
. . . the 1st to check-in gets charges for phones or room service (system glitch)
. . . this can be done for as many room keys that have charge privileges

NOTE: The alternative is to segregate his charges by the room key number, then apply those charges to the parent's credit card. Just do this before 11:00pm the night before check-out.

Thanks, this is great info. Is it possible to apply gift cards to just one charge account?

Thank you for your wonderful reply. I love detail, especially when it concerns money.

We stayed at SSR this year; and despite my best efforts to get them to set up a "share" account all the way up to the assistant manager - they wouldn't do it.

However, they set it up as person 01/02/03 - then they separated out the charges on the last day. It was initially set up under my card. After we verified the charges for each person against their receipts - person 02 and 03 paid off their portion with their credit cards. Then I paid off the remaining amount, which luckily matched my total.

We stayed at SSR this year; and despite my best efforts to get them to set up a "share" account all the way up to the assistant manager - they wouldn't do it.

1) This is strange.
2) SSR does it all the time.
3) The convention resorts do this daily.
4) Up to you, but you might want to write a complaint letter.

NOTE: The production crews for ABC "Extreme Makeover Home Editon" stay there frequently, and they stay 2-per-room. They do SHARE so that each person has their own account.

Question relates to above OP.

Situation: DH & DSIL are splitting the cost of MIL's room at Polynesian. This would probably be easy to do (place 1/2 nightly room charge on DH's CC, other 1/2 on DSIL's CC) before 11pm night before check-out? Confirm, anyone?

BUT, we'd also like MIL to use her own credit card for her KTTW card charging privledges. PLUS our nephew is staying in her room too, so we'll try to set-up a SHARE at check-in for his charging privledges to go on his CC. Maybe we should ask for a supervisor from the start, LOL. Will this be complicated or cause a lot of problems? We really want to make sure the cost of the room doesn't go on MIL's CC that is set up for charging privledges...

Thank you for any replies.:goodvibes

1) This is strange.
2) SSR does it all the time.
3) The convention resorts do this daily.
4) Up to you, but you might want to write a complaint letter.

NOTE: The production crews for ABC "Extreme Makeover Home Editon" stay there frequently, and they stay 2-per-room. They do SHARE so that each person has their own account.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that a Share account could only be setup on a room-only reservation, not necessarily possible on a package reservation.

(Of course, I could be completely mistaken too)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!