• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

question about room change on cruise

pogopossum

DIS Veteran
we are booked for cruise with dcl, on points, it was a reschedule, had to move up a category in order to change dates. i was looking at the dcl site a little while ago and saw that the lowere category is available again, would i have to pay the $75 again in order to move back down and save some points? or should i try to press this since we tried to book the lower category originally?

My understanding is that you have to pay the $75 fee anytime you change anything regarding your reservation. Sounds like that would apply again. Also note that any points that were freed-up after being committed to a cruise will remain Reservation Points. They can only be used for non-DVC resort options such as a room at the Grand Floridian or Poly at WDW.

I don't think you'd have a leg to stand on regarding the other booking category. Reservations are always subject to availability. Just because someone else cancelled and opened up a room in your preferred class doesn't mean that DVC or DCL acted improperly in handling your reservation at the time of booking.

Besides, I was under the impression that DVC only had access to a pre-determined number of cabins on each DCL cruise. Even if you're seeing a room on the DCL site, I don't think that necessarily means that DVC can grab that room for a member booking on points

tjkraz you have explained it very well, i dont think there is anything else to add except, Ditto on what you said ! :goodvibes

left over points become reservation points - points can only be used at non dvc resorts.

DVC only has a certain # of staterooms that they can book with using points it has nothing to do with available rooms on cash thru disney website

any changes you will have to pay another $75

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter