Question about modifying a reservation

KaystotheKingdom

Mouseketeer
Apologies in advance, I don’t really know what the heck I’m doing.

I have 2 studios at Boulder ridge November 4-10. We would have preferred a 2 bedroom with the mix of people we have going and preferring separate sleeping spaces but the borrowing restrictions didn’t allow for that.

my question is I could point wise do a 2 bedroom for 2 nights, there is limited availability at the end of our trip at 2 or 3 resorts.

I wish had thought it this sooner and just booked all of this at once, but if I booked the two bedroom does dvc let you just chop off the 3 days on each of our existing reservations?

Let me see if I understand what you want to do. You want to modify your 2 studios from Nov 4-10 to Nov 4-7 and use those extra points to book a 2BR from Nov 7-9. Yes, you can do that. You can modify the dates on your studios first (and know that you probably won't get those days back) and then book the 2BR with your released points. Or, you can call member services and ask them to make the modifications for you.

Yes, since you can not mix room types in a reservation, you will wind up with three reservations, a two bedroom for two nights, and a separate reservation for each studio for the remainder of your stay. To accomplish that, you will need to do as robinb says, modify both your studio reservations to drop the two night you'll spend in the two bedroom unit, then book the two bedroom unit.

Thank you. I am afraid to modify and then book the 2br out of fear the 2 br will disappear. Maybe best to call? The room availability in the fall has been tough!

Thank you. I am afraid to modify and then book the 2br out of fear the 2 br will disappear. Maybe best to call? The room availability in the fall has been tough!

Just so you know. MS can lose the rooms too, so there is a risk when calling as well. Some have said they can hold it and some say they can not. Just want you to be prepared when you call. The one thing MS can do, which we can not is see how many rooms for the nights you are dropping and picking up are still there. That helped me once because when she said the room I wanted had a few still open, I felt good about making the switch. Had she said just one, I would not have chanced it

This was so helpful. I did call MS and the representative flat out told me that it was my decision but she was very nervous to attempt this because she could only see the one room available and there was a possibility after modification of the existing reservation that the 2br would be gone. We decided not to move forward with it because I didn’t want to risk it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter