• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about Lion King and Tarzan Rocks

disneymom3

<font color=green> I think I could adjust!! <br><f
So, from several posts over the last year or so, I am thinking that both of these shows might get a little long for my kids. Is there a way to leave easily without disrupting too many people? Any tips on where to sit if I think we may want to bail? This also applies because my very unpredictable and unadventurous 4 year old may become unglued when the show starts!

The Festival of the Lion King may be hard to make an exit, depending on where you sit. And you really don't have a choice in that show, they basically point you in the direction of which section you should sit in, and make you move all the way over in the row. I think there is so much going on in this show, your child may be ok.

Tarzan Rocks is more stadium style seating, and you can pretty much choose where you want to sit. I would recommend the front of the second section back. The characters skate on roller blades right in between the 2 sections, and usually stop & smile, shake hands with the kids near this center aisle. That might get your child excited and interested.

Both are really great shows, so give them a try!

Here is our experience:
Lion King is long but inside so there's A/C. Also, it's colorful and holds the kid's attention. We all really enjoyed it.

Tarzan is ANOTHER story! We really did NOT enjoy it for a combination of reasons. It was mid-afternoon and very HOT! Seated to both sides of our family were people who obviously did not believe in deoderant. Because there was no breeze the odor just hovered over us. It was a very strong smell. The show itself is just OK, if that. The music was way too loud, the singing seemed bad and everything else was, I don't know......it was just, well, boring. I actually started looking through the map and show schedule to see what to do next.
We have NEVER left a show, EVER, but we walked out of that one about 3/4 of the way through. I didn't feel too bad about walking in front of the family who were on the end of the row bc. we had suffered through their body odor for the past 45 mins!

Hope I don't get flamed by fans of the Tarzan show- This is just our opinion based on our experience.

I used to work at Lion King. If you want to exit during the show, you need to get the attention of a CM who will show you the correct route. The performers are everywhere so it's important to follow directions for their safety as well as yours. The best place to sit for a quick exit is on the right of the lion section (when facing the section) or to the left of the warthog section as the door out is between them. These are the two sections on your right as you enter. Of course, you'd understand better if you were actually looking at the theatre so just ask a CM as you enter. :)

I loved both shows, but give the nod to the Tarzan show. There is so much going on, that my kids loved them both. Tarzan is loud, so keep that in mind.

Our 3 year old DS was very unsure about FOTLK, so we told a CM when we first entered that we might need to make a quick exit. She told us exactly what we needed to do, but we didn't need to because he loved it!

We were all pretty bored by Tarzan, however, and it was very, very HOT! The singing was fine, but it really is too loud, IMO.

Our 4 yo DD did quite well with the Lion King. She's was 16 mo when she first saw it and didn't move through the whole show!

We did not enjoy Tarzan at all, she didn't either.

One thing we found about the Lion King show is that we showed up 2 minutes before the show and got a great seat! We didn't have to wait in that line. Waiting is tough for the little ones.

Yes, Tarzan is loud, but my dd's (now 7 and 4) love it. There is so much going on that it really holds their attention. We tend to go to WDW when it's cooler so the temp hasn't been a problem. FOTLK is wonderful and it's air conditioned! I feel for the family with the smelly neighbors... we had an Illuminations viewing like that. It made my stomach sick after about 5 minutes. You also feel like the smell begins to permiate into your skin and clothing, too.

We just did our first trip to WDW with our DD 3 and 5 and FOTLK was the best thing we did at Animal Kingdom. We sat in the Lion section and the greatest thing for our kids was the audience participation (roaring). We also entered at the last minute so no waiting and our seats were fine. The girls actually got up and danced in front of their seats. Tarzan Rocks was to old for our girls, I thought it would appeal more to ages 8 and up, however I was also kind of bored with it and even though I felt guilty about it we left before it was over. In my opinion I would do FOTLK with a 4 year old but skip Tarzan Rocks.

Hmmm, well thanks for all of the advice. I am thinking at this point that neither of these is something we have totally missed out on during all of our trips without seeing them. None of my kids handle loud noises well at all (as in the Pooh ride is too loud so they refuse to ride it. Yeah....) Anyway, thanks for the firsthand experiences. Maybe when they are teenagers we'll be able to catch these ones!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter