Question about KTTW card on cruise

nmmace

Earning My Ears
I started filling out our online check in for our November 10th cruise on the Fantasy. I initially selected "cash". We can add up to $500 since our cruise is between 6-9 days. Once we start spending money off of it, can we add more before it runs out? I'm new to this whole process. This is my first cruise. If we get to the terminal and decide we want to change to a credit card, we can do this, correct? When do they charge your excursions to your account? I know they do this on your cruise, I'm just want to make sure we have enough money on our card if we decide to stick to cash. Thanks!!

You are not "adding" money up to $500. DCL is advancing you up to $500. You can pay in advance any amount you wish--they will allow you to charge up to $500 over any amount you place on the account.

Yes, you can place a credit card on the account at the terminal or at Guest Services. You can also make cash payments at that time. They will "spend" any cash first, before billing the card.

Excursions are charged on day 1. Palo and spa are charged when you actually do them. If an excursion is cancelled by DCL or the tour operator, that money will be refunded to your account.

Tips seem to be charged at various times--not sure why the differences.

I started filling out our online check in for our November 10th cruise on the Fantasy. I initially selected "cash". We can add up to $500 since our cruise is between 6-9 days. Once we start spending money off of it, can we add more before it runs out? I'm new to this whole process. This is my first cruise. If we get to the terminal and decide we want to change to a credit card, we can do this, correct? When do they charge your excursions to your account? I know they do this on your cruise, I'm just want to make sure we have enough money on our card if we decide to stick to cash. Thanks!!

I always put select "cash" when I do the online checkin because I never know what card we are going to use until closer to the cruise. When we check in at port I change it to the card we want to use. I also have prepaid cards sometimes and I take them down to customer service desk to put on my account to be used first before it goes to my credit card. (Whenever we have rebates that come in as VISA debit cards I save them for trips. That way I have some money set aside beforehand. I also cash in my bank points for VISA debit cards.)
Excursions are charged to your account after you are onboard. They don't get charged to your credit card (if you decide to use one) until you are up to a certain rollover amount. Can't remember how much, but it is over $400 some dollars, because we ended up with a balance of $440 on our last cruise & it wasn't charged to the card til the last morning.

Excursions are charged on day 1. Palo and spa are charged when you actually do them. If an excursion is cancelled by DCL or the tour operator, that money will be refunded to your account.

That's not always true with the excursions on the two longer cruise I took they charged them the day of the excursion. There was even one that a number of people skipped out of do to not so good weather and I think there was some negative feedback on it because DCL credited back the amount to everyone on the excursion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter