Question about Guides

Maddysdaddy

DIS Veteran
I see people posting about their relationship with their Guide and how wonderful their Guide is, and I'm wondering what I'm missing.

We met a salesman on a cruise, he convinced us of the merit of DVC, we cut a cheque, now we own and book online or thru the website. Are we supposed to have some sort of ongoing relationship that I'm not aware of? We bought direct just over two years ago, and I have not seen or heard from my Guide since.

I see people posting about their relationship with their Guide and how wonderful their Guide is, and I'm wondering what I'm missing.

We met a salesman on a cruise, he convinced us of the merit of DVC, we cut a cheque, now we own and book online or thru the website. Are we supposed to have some sort of ongoing relationship that I'm not aware of? We bought direct just over two years ago, and I have not seen or heard from my Guide since.

And...,

He is a salesman. This 'relationship' stuff cracks me up. They are not bring your buddy because they love you, but because they love your money.

OrangeCountyCommuter said:
And...,

He is a salesman. This 'relationship' stuff cracks me up. They are not bring your buddy because they love you, but because they love your money.

I think for those of us who had guides at Doorway to Dreams, there was a more personal relationship with our guides. Unfortunately, those days are over.

Some Guides maintain more of a relationship with their customers than others. I am sure that they hope that additional direct sales will result. Bottom line is they are there to sell, not visit with "friends".

My wife is one of those "he's my friend" kind of people. We got into a pretty heated discussion when she was buying a new car several years back. The salesman did his thing and she took it all in. They became good "friends". I tried to get her to come to her senses but she insisted that he was giving her the best deal that he could and that he was in it for the long haul and wanted her as a repeat customer for years to come. When she picked up the car it was missing the key fob but the salesman told her that he was ordering her 2, not just the 1 that comes with the car. He said that it would take a couple of days and that he would call when they came in.

A week later, no call so I called the dealership. The salesman had left the company there was no record of the fob ever being ordered. To top it off the dealer insisted that we were given one when we picked up the car.

So we had to buy a new fob and have the car re-keyed because someone had our fob and key.

Lesson learned.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter