Question about discounts...

I can be used over a year period - the current ones are Oct. 31, 2008-Oct. 31, 2009. There are black out dates just like with everything else.

The official website says, "You have the ability to purchase Magic Your Way tickets at Company D stores, which are Cast Member-only stores, for a discounted rate.
Because ticket prices are subject to change, we are not able to specify exact discounted prices of Walt Disney World theme park tickets at this time."

Anybody have a rough estimate of how much these discounted tickets usually cost?

The official website says, "You have the ability to purchase Magic Your Way tickets at Company D stores, which are Cast Member-only stores, for a discounted rate.
Because ticket prices are subject to change, we are not able to specify exact discounted prices of Walt Disney World theme park tickets at this time."

Anybody have a rough estimate of how much these discounted tickets usually cost?

I'm pretty sure it's something like a 10% discount off regular ticket prices.

Cast Members and Employees of The Walt Disney Company may purchase Magic Your Way Tickets at a 10% Discount off published Guest Rates.

Magic Your Way Ticket add-ons (ParkHopper, Water Park Fun and More, No Expiration) are priced at the same price point as they are for Guests.

Sounds good :thumbsup2 wow, 50% off on a holiday? Do you have to use it on actually on a holiday, or just whenever (and choose the "holiday" wisely).

The 50% Discount voucher on Food is part of Disney's Family Holiday Celebration, a special company initiative by which Florida-Site Cast Members, along with their friends and families, are invited to celebrate the magic of the Christmas season at the Walt Disney World Resort with special discounts and offers.

In 2008, these discounts and offers included (ticket offers include the Cast Member and the number of Guests listed on their Main Entrance Pass):
  • A complimentary 1-Day Magic Your Way ParkHopper Ticket to visit one of the Theme Parks of the Walt Disney World Resort.
  • 1-Day Complimentary Admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park.
  • 1-Day Complimentary Admission to DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park
  • 1 Round of Mini Golf at Disney's Winter Summerland or Disney's Fantasia Gardens & Fantasia Fairways
  • 60% Discount at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts as well as the Cabins of Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground.
  • 60% Discount at Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
  • 60% Discount at Disney's Vero Beach Resort on the Floridian Coast and Disney's Hilton Head Resort in South Carolina
  • A Discount on the purchase of a Disney's Dining Plan
  • 20% Discount on purchases of a Real Estate Interest with Disney Vacation Club
  • Discounted Admission to La Nouba from Cirque du Soleil in Downtown Disney's West Side
  • A Complimentary Photo from Disney's PhotoPass Service
  • A Special 40% Discount on Merchandise purchased at select Walt Disney World Resort Merchandise Locations
  • A 35% Discount at all Florida-Site Company D locations
  • A 20% Discount at Cast Connection
  • Special Holiday-Themed Programmes at all of the Central Florida YMCA Family Centres at the Walt Disney World Resort.
  • A 50% Discount of Membership at the Lifeline Wellness Centre, located inside Team Disney Orlando.
  • A 50% Discount on meals at select restaurants located inside the Theme Parks of the Walt Disney World Resort.
  • A 50% Discount on meals at select restaurants located outside the Theme Parks of the Walt Disney World Resort.
  • A free Popcorn or Bottled Pop at participating Walt Disney World Resort locations.

Cast Members and Employees of The Walt Disney Company statused to work sites on the West Coast, including but not limited to: the Disneyland Resort, The Walt Disney Studios, The Walt Disney Company (Corporate), ABC and Walt Disney Feature Animation, are eligible for the similarly named Disney's Family Holiday Party.

Many special offers and deep discounts are available for Cast Members and Employees, as well as their friends and families to enjoy during the Christmas season. However, in addition, West Coast Cast Members and Employees of The Walt Disney Company are invited to a special, private, after-hours party held at Disneyland Park.

Due to the rapid growth of the Disney Organization in the State of Florida, the Walt Disney World Resort no longer hosts a Cast Christmas Party.

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members may book rooms at the Friends & Family Discount up to 5 times per calendar year. This is counted per reservation, so Cast Members may make up to five separate reservations per calendar year.

Cast Members with questions about the Cast Member Resort Discount at the Walt Disney World Resort should contact WDW Cast Reservations. College Program participants will receive this contact information during or after their Traditions Class.

OK, we had an information session at my campus today for everyone going. And our recruiter, Elaine, actually talked about this. According to her, you're only limited to making 5 reservations if you don't plan on staying with the guests. But on the other hand, she said you could make unlimited reservations if you actually stay with the guests yourself. I could be wrong, and maybe I misunderstood, but that's what I heard tonight.

OK, we had an information session at my campus today for everyone going. And our recruiter, Elaine, actually talked about this. According to her, you're only limited to making 5 reservations if you don't plan on staying with the guests. But on the other hand, she said you could make unlimited reservations if you actually stay with the guests yourself. I could be wrong, and maybe I misunderstood, but that's what I heard tonight.

Yep. Cast Members and Employees of The Walt Disney Company may make unlimited Cast-Discounted reservations for themselves. These reservations are available at a higher rate (up to 50% off, as opposed to up to 40% off for Friends & Family), but require that the Cast Member stay in the room with their Guests.

It's the discount that you get when you're not staying with your Guests that are limited.

Can you just have your name on the room but not actually stay in it? Like if I go and we have my mom, my dad and I on the bill as staying in the room, would I need to stay in it? Because some people rent a room but don't actually sleep in it or stay out all night and day.....So yea it's probably a quick way to get termed but figured I'd ask, I had heard of this done before....
Have a Magical Day!!!
Goofster18

Can you just have your name on the room but not actually stay in it? Like if I go and we have my mom, my dad and I on the bill as staying in the room, would I need to stay in it? Because some people rent a room but don't actually sleep in it or stay out all night and day.....So yea it's probably a quick way to get termed but figured I'd ask, I had heard of this done before....
Have a Magical Day!!!
Goofster18

You could.

However, it should be noted that Cast Discounts are a privilege extended to Cast Members and Employees of The Walt Disney Company, and are subject to rules set by the company. Cast Members and Employees do risk internal discipline, up to and including termination, if they are discovered to be violating these rules.

As such, if you were to be caught, you would almost certainly be automatically terminated and given a "No-Rehire" status with The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies, as well as all Disney Subsidaries.

Not to mention the risk that your party would be unceremoniously booted out and told to leave Disney Property at once.

But you could.

ok, gotcha! lol I figured that it was bending the rules and all but I still was just thinking it could be done.
Have a Magical Day!!!
Goofster18

So if you (cast member) book the room and check in with your family that would be considered staying with them right? And they do explain how to do all this once you get there right??

The 50% Discount voucher on Food is part of Disney's Family Holiday Celebration, a special company initiative by which Florida-Site Cast Members, along with their friends and families, are invited to celebrate the magic of the Christmas season at the Walt Disney World Resort with special discounts and offers.

In 2008, these discounts and offers included (ticket offers include the Cast Member and the number of Guests listed on their Main Entrance Pass):
  • A complimentary 1-Day Magic Your Way ParkHopper Ticket to visit one of the Theme Parks of the Walt Disney World Resort.
  • 1-Day Complimentary Admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park.
  • 1-Day Complimentary Admission to DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park
  • 1 Round of Mini Golf at Disney's Winter Summerland or Disney's Fantasia Gardens & Fantasia Fairways
  • 60% Discount at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts as well as the Cabins of Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground.
  • 60% Discount at Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
  • 60% Discount at Disney's Vero Beach Resort on the Floridian Coast and Disney's Hilton Head Resort in South Carolina
  • A Discount on the purchase of a Disney's Dining Plan
  • 20% Discount on purchases of a Real Estate Interest with Disney Vacation Club
  • Discounted Admission to La Nouba from Cirque du Soleil in Downtown Disney's West Side
  • A Complimentary Photo from Disney's PhotoPass Service
  • A Special 40% Discount on Merchandise purchased at select Walt Disney World Resort Merchandise Locations
  • A 35% Discount at all Florida-Site Company D locations
  • A 20% Discount at Cast Connection
  • Special Holiday-Themed Programmes at all of the Central Florida YMCA Family Centres at the Walt Disney World Resort.
  • A 50% Discount of Membership at the Lifeline Wellness Centre, located inside Team Disney Orlando.
  • A 50% Discount on meals at select restaurants located inside the Theme Parks of the Walt Disney World Resort.
  • A 50% Discount on meals at select restaurants located outside the Theme Parks of the Walt Disney World Resort.
  • A free Popcorn or Bottled Pop at participating Walt Disney World Resort locations.

Cast Members and Employees of The Walt Disney Company statused to work sites on the West Coast, including but not limited to: the Disneyland Resort, The Walt Disney Studios, The Walt Disney Company (Corporate), ABC and Walt Disney Feature Animation, are eligible for the similarly named Disney's Family Holiday Party.

Many special offers and deep discounts are available for Cast Members and Employees, as well as their friends and families to enjoy during the Christmas season. However, in addition, West Coast Cast Members and Employees of The Walt Disney Company are invited to a special, private, after-hours party held at Disneyland Park.

Due to the rapid growth of the Disney Organization in the State of Florida, the Walt Disney World Resort no longer hosts a Cast Christmas Party.

Sorry...I guess I'm just a little slow this morning. So do CPs get all of these, too? Or just full-time CMs? And what's typically the time frame to use these? (The week of Christmas, the entire month of December, etc.)

That's just an awful lot of discounts, and the bargain hunter in me is starting to get a little excited! :)

So here are a couple of questions about discounts for all you veteran cp'ers out there.

I think I read somewhere that unless we go seasonal, when our program ends so do our discounts, so say we wanted to spend a week in the parks immediately following our CP? Could we check in to the hotel with the discount the day before or day of the end of our program to get the hotel discount? Then just buy tickets?

My other question is, are there any discounts available for the Disney Cruise Line?

TIA!

~Katie

Sorry...I guess I'm just a little slow this morning. So do CPs get all of these, too? Or just full-time CMs? And what's typically the time frame to use these? (The week of Christmas, the entire month of December, etc.)

That's just an awful lot of discounts, and the bargain hunter in me is starting to get a little excited! :)

All cps get this too and is good for one year. You can also give them to family members and friends to use if they want and you don't have to be there for them to use it. I know, I'm a bargain hunter too, so this was just awesome! Of course, I used almost all of the coupons before the program ended.

So here are a couple of questions about discounts for all you veteran cp'ers out there.

I think I read somewhere that unless we go seasonal, when our program ends so do our discounts, so say we wanted to spend a week in the parks immediately following our CP? Could we check in to the hotel with the discount the day before or day of the end of our program to get the hotel discount? Then just buy tickets?

My other question is, are there any discounts available for the Disney Cruise Line?

TIA!

~Katie

I'm not sure about the first question, I think you have to check in before your program ends. If you want to check in after the program, you can use the coupon that you get in the Holiday Coupon Package since its good for one year. You also get up to 50% off the Disney Cruise. I am planning on doing the 3-day Disney Cruise when I'm there, so I am excited that I get 50% off.

All cps get this too and is good for one year. You can also give them to family members and friends to use if they want and you don't have to be there for them to use it. I know, I'm a bargain hunter too, so this was just awesome! Of course, I used almost all of the coupons before the program ended.

Do you get them actually get them at Christmas, or before? I'm asking because my family is going to be coming the week after Thanksgiving, and I'm just wondering if I'll have the discounts early enough for them to help make use of them.

Do you get them actually get them at Christmas, or before? I'm asking because my family is going to be coming the week after Thanksgiving, and I'm just wondering if I'll have the discounts early enough for them to help make use of them.

If I remember correctly (sorry its been awhile), we get them after Halloween because the time frame starts on October 31st.

So you can actually stay at the hotel when your family/friends come to visit? You don't have to sleep at the complex those nights?

So you can actually stay at the hotel when your family/friends come to visit? You don't have to sleep at the complex those nights?

You don't ever have to actually sleep at your complex - they really just want your rent money -- so yes you can definitely stay at the hotels with friends and family.

If you are working it might be more of a challenge to get to your work location (or it might be easier but something to think about).

Liz

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members may book rooms at the Friends & Family Discount up to 5 times per calendar year. This is counted per reservation, so Cast Members may make up to five separate reservations per calendar year.

So what if you're getting a hotel discount for one party that has two rooms but theyre connected on the reservation. Does that count as one or two of your discounts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter