Question about Be Our Guest

IheartRapunzel

Mouseketeer
I will be graduating from college in 3 years, and for graduation I get to go to WDW :thumbsup2 I'm a big princess fan. Rapunzel, Ariel and Belle just so happen to be my favorites. I was wondering how hard will it be to try to get a reservation to Be Our Guest? I won't be going until 2016...seems so far away!!

If you were going this year, I'd say it's really hard.

But in 2016, I don't know. Probably still hard since there aren't many choices in the Magic Kingdom.

I did manage to get a ressie for dinner there on May 1st. It was delicious food and I loved the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake. The server I had was really good too.
I tried a couple of the wines and wasn't a fan of the 2 I tried. So if I ever get a chance at another reservation there, I'll be trying more of those.

The Beast was in his study that evening. It was fun when he walked around the restaurant a couple of times on his way to the study and everyone clapped. The princesses are not at Be Our Guest.

Since you are a big princess fan, you should try to go to Akershus in Epcot - Norway. I took my DD there when she was younger and it was great. Wonderful Princess interaction.
I'd go back there again except no one else in my group wants to do character meals and I still feel strange doing those solo.

i'm hoping that by 2016 it won't be too hard get a dinner reservation. i was under the impression that belle and the beast would be there. a few years ago my bf took me to disney and we had dinner in cinderellas castle. when belle came to our table she said maybe next time you visit you can see me in my castle...
i'll def have to check out the place in epcot. i dont care how old i am i still love princesses :) thank you for your help

Belle is NOT at BOG. And Beast is only there at dinner. You do not get to meet with him during your meal. You will have the opportunity for a photopass photo with him on your way out of the restaurant, after your meal.

By 2016 the novelty will have worn off, but I believe it will continue to be one of the hottest ADRs for MK for a considerable number of years. If you want dinner there, then be prepared to make your ADR on your 180 day.

But if it's princesses that you want, then BOG would be a poor choice. You would be better off going to Akershus as a PP recommended.

Hello :) We have reservations for dinner at BOG in September....but I am wondering if there is much difference between dinner and lunch, enough that you would think dinner would be a better choice? We are going mostly because the girls want to dine in the Beast's castle...but is it necessary to do dinner? Photo Op with the Beast may make it so . . . I have looked at both menus and neither really appeal to me . . . not a big meat and potatoes type of gal.

My dilema is this....we are scheduled for dinner on a MNSSHP night at 6:50....so, we can keep our reservation and get shooed out of the park right when we are done eating, or we can purchase the event ticket, but miss a good portion of the event. I am just not sure...the kids would really want to meet all of the special characters, most especially the princes and the dwarfs, but I fear by the time we were done with dinner, the lines for them would be unbearable.....I also think though they are old enough to understand, it would not be much fun to walk through the MK with so much they would want to see around them going in while being shown the exit . . . so if we DO end up keeping the ressie, I think we would likely then purcahse tickets for another night to avoid that heartache.

So what is the lunch really like.....and how bad is the wait for lunch.....the day of our reservation is Sunday Sept 29th, so the crowds at the parks should be manageable, but because it is "free dining" season, I know that the restaurant's will be hopping. Is there any dramatic difference in the atmosphere between lunch and dinner? Even though it is CS, I know that you are seated and the food is brought to you . . . does that make it feel more special? I have searched repeatedly to see if any other nights open up, but now that we are closer than 180 days it is booked solid. Also, of the 5 of us, it is really only my 2 daughters who care a whole lot about eating in the beasts castle . . . so I know for my son and husband, eating there for lunch would be the same as dinner. In fact, they might choose to go somewhere else if given the option, and I could take just the girls....

I am not ready to give up the reservation yet, but what would YOU do?

I would keep the dinner reservation mostly because it seems so hard to get, we too have a reservation for dinner that day had to take a 430 but thats ok with me! We have a party of 8 so Im just happy we were able to get the reservation on the date I wanted!:thumbsup2

If it was me, I would keep the reservation but be concerned that my kids will see all the fun special stuff for Halloween and not understand why they can't participate and have to leave. If you don't think this will cause meltdowns then definitly keep the reservation.

Well, they are now 8, 10 and 12 - so while it wouldn't cause a meltdown, they would (understandably) be bummed for sure.

Have talked with friends have done both, and they really don't think there is much difference unless you MUST see the Beast. In fact, they said that its actually easier and more encouraged to check out all of the rooms during the lunch hours .... Thought I was CRAZY at first for even considering it, but really neither menu gets me overly excited.....we may just do the MNSSHP instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter