Question about app notifications....

mom2mikel

DIS Veteran
I have the app, but never really used it before. We're going in February. I've marked all of my rides as favorites. My app's park notifications is enabled. Is that all I need to do to get notifications on my specific rides? I'm specifically hoping to get alerts on Hagrid's. Does it just alert you when wait time is low? Does it tell you when it opens and when it's shut down (either temporarily or for the day)? I'm assuming park notifications won't be active unless I'm in the parks?

TIA!!

Yes, you can set notification for when it is down or up or when the wait time gets to a certain length. We used it a lot for Hagrid's.

I have the app, but never really used it before. We're going in February. I've marked all of my rides as favorites. My app's park notifications is enabled. Is that all I need to do to get notifications on my specific rides? I'm specifically hoping to get alerts on Hagrid's. Does it just alert you when wait time is low? Does it tell you when it opens and when it's shut down (either temporarily or for the day)? I'm assuming park notifications won't be active unless I'm in the parks?

TIA!!
I think you have to click on the ride you are interested in and it will bring up a screen that allows you to set the time (say 120 minutes for Hagrids). It’s a big circle with the time in the middle. Then it will notify you when the wait hits that time or lower (at least that’s how we used it the weekend before Thanksgiving). We did get notifications.

Just be prepared for it to suck the life out of your battery if you’re running it with push notifications (and all the other stuff it’ll want to use). Bring a battery booster thing to charge on the go.

You don't need to be in the park to use the app. I'd practice with it at home for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter