Question about adding to existing discount promo

DisneyGuess

DIS Veteran
My 14 & 16 year old boys had decided they weren't going on our upcoming trip. Now they are changing their minds, maybe. We won't be 100% positive until mid-January. I had already bumped us to 1 room at POR from 2 rooms at Pop on the SPD promo. I know the booking for that ends 12/31.
If they decide to go, we'll need to go back to 2 rooms at Pop. Can I switch back to Pop & add another room & 2 kids to our existing package & they still be covered under the SPD rates? Or will I have to forgo that discount for them & hope for the new one to be decent?

ETA: This may be the wrong spot to post this! I cross posted in the Resort Discount board, so this can be deleted if so.

As far as switching back to Pop, that can be done but only if there is still availability at Pop for your dates under the SPD offer. If there is no availability at Pop under that promo, you wouldn't be able to change. Since the promo ends 12/31 and the change wouldn't be made (if is comes to that) until mid January, guest services would have to check availability and make the change since CRO CMs don't usually have access to expired promos. Also, I don't think adding another room under the SPD promo would be possible since it would be like adding another reservation and the SPD would be expired, but that would be something for guest services to decide. Keep in mind that if it is possible, there would have to be 2 rooms available under the SPD promo in order to switch to that from 1 room at POR. Good luck.

Since the booking date will have closed, you will need to call, have them show 'zero' availability under the promo code and then likely ask to be transferred to Guest Services who can make the change on an 'as available' basis and it's considered a courtesy.. they don't HAVE to do this for you after the booking date. Gotta emphasize that last part.

Or just make the switch back to Pop before 12/31 and drop the second room if you don't end up needing it and save the money for a future trip ... or for my favorite - MORE CHURROS & TURKEY LEGS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!