Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

How are you doing, dear Kirby? Thinking of you and of course keeping your son in 🙏 as well.
I'm holding up pretty well. I pray a lot, keeps me grounded. Seeing DS's name on the church prayer list this morning was hard. He did give us a little more news yesterday but I honestly can't explain what he said. It's just not great news. We will get through this. Just waiting patiently until Tuesday for his doctor appointment.

As for DD, she has a phone appointment with her attorney at 12:30 pm today. Trying not to be anxious about that. Just wanting to hear that things are progressing in a good direction. Her ex has been mostly quiet for the last two months but he was back up to his old tricks this last weekend.
Forgot to post my new coat. It came from Kohl's and it's a plum color. I'll wear it when running around, usually with leggings or sweats. I have a dressier coat for work.
View attachment 714365
Nice coat! Beautiful color. I bought a coat on LandsEnd the other day, just waiting to be delivered. It looks lightweight to me which is what I want. No reason to have a heavy coat here unless you work outside or are outside a lot.
coat.jpg
I bought this long sweater from Women Within last year and absolutely love it. It goes down to mid thigh, couldn't get the whole picture for you. It's a little heavy but works great instead of a coat for me.
sweater.jpg
No huge plans for today. My usual Friday morning is a slow start, because I linger over my coffee and watch Station 19 and Grey's Anatomy that I DVR the night before, so I'm just now out with the cat. I'm thinking of making beef stew in the crock pot later, and I need to pay some bills and do a bit of cleaning.
I caught up on Survivor and Grey's last night. Wasn't sad to see the person on Survivor get voted out.
Our happy news is that Tom came along on a smaller bike ride with me yesterday. His knee is healing and working as it should!
That's good to hear!
Glad taz’s husband’s procedure went well yesterday. Mine had a procedure yesterday, too, and thankfully it went well, too. Hopefully that’s it for a while now.
Good to hear too!

We're in the 50/60's all day with rain. We need it.

View attachment 714408

That's the one thing I miss about New England the most--the Fall foliage--Thanks for sharing!
I wasn’t exactly sure if other parts of the US get fall foliage, too. I thought I’d seen some pics from down your way that surprised me. :confused:

@Kirby I know how hard it is to wait to get that news. I actually started the Breast Cancer Survivors thread here way back when (2005) not just to commiserate with others going through a cancer experience, but to give support to those who were waiting for results (which turned out to be a big part of the thread, since waiting and worrying is one of the hardest parts). Praying for your DS. 🙏🏻 My best advice as both a cancer survivor and a health professional, is to go to the absolute best cancer hospital in your area for evaluation, or at minimum a second opinion, etc., if he gets a cancer diagnosis. You never want to say “I wish we’d done [such and such], but we didn’t know”. Hang in there. :grouphug:

Happy last Friday in October, friends,
Dad is currently doing :laundy:followed by Ralph's 🛒 Later he will be going to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to buy some smaller packages of antibacterial hand wipes. We had ordered 24 flat packs of wipes on BB&B. We got 3. The remaining 21, a week later, are still "being processed." Will be pleasantly surprised should they ship. Most likely, BB&B is out of them. 99 and Dollar Tree sure don't have the regular wipes we used to get. A friend of mine named Heather living in AZ has said her Dollar Tree has a ton of the Aquarelle Wipes which is what dad and I prefer to use. We definitely can't afford to be paying Heather to ship them to us. The smallest priority mail padded envelope that would hold 8-10 packages of these wipes, cost almost $11 to send. Suddenly the $1.25 price of the wipes would soar! Grateful extra that the 99 Cent Only Store has individual wipes in a box of 18 that we like. The flat packages of pull-out wipes are just more convenient to use. Simple everyday things, we sure no longer take for granted! Mail note, the ponies have been delivering the last few evenings for which we are extra thankful. All is much better on that front. Otherwise, quiet morning around here. We did watch more of Destined at Christmas last night and will finish it probably tomorrow. Still enjoyable. I hope each of you have been watching something fun.

:grouphug:Easyas and much 🙏for a safe and wonderful trip! What an adventure. I definitely look forward to seeing pictures and hearing all about the places you get to see. have FUN!

Snowysmom, please stay far away from any coyotes, yikes! Prices certainly do seem to only keep going up as stock goes down. So sad all-around. I’m extra glad you do have the farm stand🍎🥕. Keep extra warm today and have a good one.

What a nice plum colored coat, Footballmouse. Thank you for sharing with us. May it indeed keep you nice and cozy! Cheering from afar for any ⚽games you attend this weekend to see one of your family members play in. I hope you also enjoy something good on 📺Most of all, take care and get some more rest!

Aw, God Bless your dad, PollyannaMom. What a sweet memory of him and your friend. You please also stay dry and warm! Gorgeous picture! Thank you for sharing. We definitely don’t see that type of scenery out here 🌳🍁

Thank you dear Bobbiwoz for helping to feed those in need as we are called to do. What a wonderful Tom news 🚲, praise God!

Lynn, I am cold just reading about your weather! I would be hibernating lol. Please keep very warm and well. So far, the ☎️here has been quiet this morning. No spam calls. May it stay that way and do likewise for you and everyone else in our Quacker family. Love the picture you shared, too!

Maple Moose, I’m not much of a fan of stronger scents either. I did get a headache briefly from a very strong Lysol disinfecting wipe. We use Kroger Brand from Ralph’s now. Mild. I do have to admit I am also not a candle person. I prefer more old-fashioned cozy odors such as 🍪 baking! I do hope you find something that works well for you and please also keep well and warm.

Beautiful picture, Pea! Cute :dogdance: as always, too. Prayers for your DH and always for dear you. Be safe, my friend, especially on a longer work stretch. Thank you, always, you know that, for all the loving and kind care you provide to many. Hospitals are so blessed to have employees in you and Footballmouse that is for sure.

Huge :grouphug: Kirby. Continuing prayers for all of you! ITA with Pea’s wise post. Prayer is forever a healing balm that is for sure! Trust in, talk with, and praise Him in all, always. He is forever by your side and that of your son. We all care so much, too. I will be PMing you shortly. Not much of a sweater person but I do like yours. With my TMJ, clothing with collars don’t work well for me so it’s always nice to see clothes that don’t have a collar on them. You just please take care!

I shall check in later. Wishing everyone a great Friday.

Kirby Continued prayers for your DS.
Bobbiwoz Glad Tom could get out and exercise.

I love all the new winter coats and the colors.

I did grocery shopping this afternoon. I did buy alot of more expensive items that I buy when I need to stock up again like batteries, coffee that was on sale, and some dental stuff. My supermarket has better prices sometimes than CVS even with a coupon so I comparison shop. I still spent over $100. I did buy a frozen pizza for supper tonight instead of doing takeout so that saves a little money there. Sales are so few and not as good as they used to be. My popcorn is no longer on sale but I need a popcorn fix now and then so I buy it. I am eating popcorn as I type. Yum!

I talked with a nice woman who lives in my building. She lives with her elderly mother and knew the woman who had my condo before me. We always chat when we see each other. She was waiting for an appliance delivery so we chatted for a good 15 minutes. She is not happy with this complex either. She is an original owner. She has replaced all her appliances (she moved in 7 years ago) with her fridge the last to go. She was not happy that the contractor used the cheapest appliances they could find. But, I am not surprised. She also said she has had to have work done on her heating and cooling system. In fact, she was told by her cooling company that her AC may need to be replaced in the Spring to the tune of 10K. The plumber told me to move and move now and I see what he means. She also has had water leaking from the walls. She told me she got a big cash offer to sell her condo by a real estate agent. She would sell if there were properties available but there aren't any around here right now. Her condo is the next size up from mine, a corner unit, but it is on the second floor. I am on the top floor. She said our building and the one next to us are in demand by people wanting to come here. She thought my condo would go quickly and offered to give me the name of the real estate agent. I don't want to sell until early 2023 but could always see if someone wants to wait until then. I could live with Kenny until I find something. I feel like this condo is a money pit just waiting to suck up more of my money. I feel a bit stupid for not knowing all this stuff but it takes living here to figure it all out. She is so nice and kind I just hope she can get to the right place for her and her mom.

Jeff told me that Sam has started eating solids: bananas, oatmeal, and avocado. He loves it. He takes after his Daddy. Jeff would eat most anything put in front of him as a baby. I hope to see Sam this weekend with his siblings. Kenny's kids stay with Mom this weekend but I may see Kenny and drop off the Halloween bags I made up for the kids.

Have a good rest of the day.

:grouphug:Snowysmom and continuing prayer, my friend, always. It definitely sounds like you will be much happier and safer elsewhere. Praise God that He introduced you to new friend in the condo. I am sorry, of course, she and her mother are also having issues. Maybe you can keep in touch with them down the road. Prices are outrageous on everything. Ralph's is now charging $1.89 for one can of Campbell's Chicken Broth! Crazy! We are grateful extra to get what we can that is for sure. Prayers you are always able to get what you truly need as well.

The bowl site did get the bowl I returned and are processing my $24.95 refund. Really just $13.95 after the $10+ cost to ship them back ;( I still do have the small bowl which is very nice just probably not something dad could use regularly which was he whole idea of course. Keeping options in prayer for that still. Don't think I will be ordering on the bowl site again because I sure do know now, they do not offer free returns. As I have shared money for dad and I is tight as is. I also do admit to still liking the narrow rim choice but would only consider trying that if the site ever offered an extra discount plus free shipping and I could get someone to buy the small bowl for me who could truly gift it to their dad, of course. Thankful, of course to have options. I will just recommend again to always know before ordering a site's return policy!

Prayers that all of you are having a good Friday.

Good Evening.

Just a quick hello while the computer is working. I have been trying to get it to boot up since 3 this afternoon when I got back from picking up my grandsons. I think a new computer is in my future. Thankfully I was able to get it started and saved all my documents and downloads to an external hard drive. Now to work on making sure all my passwords are up to date in my password book. I will have a busy evening between this and the Phillies game and researching a new laptop.

@Kirby - prayers for your son that you get some good news and also your daughter with the attorney.

Have a good evening everyone.

:grouphug:Taz, I'm sure sorry to hear your 🖥️has been giving you trouble. I don't know whether you would want a desktop or laptop but do want to share that dad got an email this afternoon from Best Buy alerting him to Lenovo Laptop He read the details and decided to order it. It's expected to come (free shipping) tomorrow. We got 1 year Geek Squad protection on it. His current laptop that he enjoys using to watch live tv on in bed is old and come January will no longer be supported for any updates. It also buffers a lot, interrupting his viewing tv on. We both use an older Dell desktop for every day online stuff including, of course, me checking in here. I would think Best Buy and other places may also have desktop deals going on as well. I know it's never fun switching over to a new pc. Very good you are working on saving passwords. We have printed out password list along with a saved list on a flash drive. Handy to have that physical backup. I truly hope you find a good new computer should you choose to get one.

You Customize It has refunded my money! Pleased about that. I have briefly begun to look at other possible personalization sites such as Personalization Mall and also Shutterfly. Both charge for shipping and also don't seem to do returns on personalized items. So, in that sense the site I ordered from does get an extra thumbs up. Narrow Rim Bowl I admit to still be considering. Based on what a supervisor told me, it weighs .25lb. The kid's bowl I have weighs .15lb. Lol, I don't suppose any of you have bowls both those weights to tell me whether there's a big difference in heaviness? I still would want to get some money back ideally on the kid's bowl first. Something to think about.

Have a good evening, dear friends with love. Sleep well!

Hello fellow Quackers.

@Kirby sending you many hugs and strength. Hoping your son will get some solid answers at his appointment, so he/your family can get a solid game plan in place to face whatever it is he is told. I hope your daughter had a positive conversation with her attorney.

@flyingdumbo127 woot woot on the refund.

@Snowysmom That is so disheartening to hear about your building and others having so many issues. I'm sure this just solidifies you choice to look for something different. So fun when the babies start eating solid foods. Watching their reactions is sometimes hilarious.

@Pea-n-Me Love the story and pictures of the dogs and their coats.

@Maple Moose welcome to our own little Quicker Community

I don't have much new to report. Same stuff different day. Things are not great with FH. The kids are there this weekend and my oldest is having a hard time once again. She texted me that TT's (in case I have not shared on the thread that is what I call the girlfriend...among other things...like FH you can all come up with your own version of what it stands for) son was over there tonight. That is RARE. She does't ever pay attention to him, so I'm guessing they have some big fun "family" thing going on tomorrow. UGH.
I did go out to eat tonight with a friend of mine and her boyfriend, so that is a big step for me. I am now in my PJ's on the couch watching some TV and messing around on the internet and doing some journaling. My daughter's cats miss her and are out of sorts since she isn't here. Her bedroom is in our basement and usually at night she comes up and calls for both of them, telling them it's time to go "night night". They are wondering around up here like they are lost. Sometimes they end up sleeping with me in my room and sometimes they just wonder around the house and finally give in and sleep at some point.

Ok totally random question because of a commercial that was just on...aren't tights almost the same as pantyhose? Are they making a comeback..tights that is? I just think of tights being worn with cheer uniforms and dance outfits, not really as an everyday thing? I have zero fashion sense, so I really don't know, but when I see that commercial, all I can think is, "those look so uncomfortable".

As always, sending big hugs to all in our little community who need them.

Frog It sounds like you are getting a bit stronger as time goes on. It is hard but you seem to be taking charge of things and not letting FH get to you as much. I have no fashion sense. I wore tights as a kid and my DGD's wear them sometimes with their dresses. I have sworn off pantyhose and such. Too uncomfortable. I am more of a pair of dress pants and dressy top if needed and it is rarely needed now.

It is 33 degrees here. I wore my winter coat for my walk. Their was a frost on some of the grassy areas and the cars outside had frost on their windshields.

I am going to talk with older DS today or tomorrow about the condo situation. He has given me a blanket invitation to move in with him for however long I need. If I do move in with him until I find the right place to live, I can at least make dinners for him and clean the house. He gave up the cleaners they had before the separation as he is cutting costs. The house needs some attention. I know I needed to come to this place to make the next step to what I really need and want. But, I am appalled that people can build a place, cut big and important corners to save money, and live with themselves. The contractor has a lousy customer service reputation and only resolves issues once the customer goes to the BBB. Lesson learned.

I have been busy cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen. I have a couple of errands to do. It will most likely be a quiet weekend as younger DS and family are busy. I am not sure what older DS is doing but I hope to at least drop off the Halloween bags and have a chat.

Have a good day.

Good morning. Welcome to the last weekend of October..(heads up PSA--we change the clocks next weekend, so don't forget)

Going to be partly sunny but only mid 60's today. I did end up getting out the mowers and cleaning up the yard yesterday, when it warmed up and the winds died down. I was talking to the 'good' neighbor as he was out doing yard work. We both said that it was the last time for both of us to do it. I changed the oil, put in new air filters, and let them both run dry of gas. Nice to look out and see an almost empty yard. Still a lot of leaves on the maples on one side, but I will use the leaf blower on them.

@frog3101 -- I agree with Pollyanna mom that I think tights are more substantial than panty hose. I have seen a lot of tights on people lately, but not much for pantyhose. I haven't even seen them on people when they are 'dressed up' anymore. Do women not wear pantyhose when wearing dresses??

I have to strip and remake the bed, and clean both bathrooms today, then not much planned. I was outside for a long time yesterday, and was tired when I came in. It's Homecoming weekend here in town, and the big football game is today. Every restaurant in town will be packed like sardine cans today, lol!

Have a nice morning--enjoy the day!

xfQkOqD.jpg

:wave:Good Morning Friends from cool LA,

It's in the upper 50's right now which for here is cool. Dad and I finished watching Destined at Christmas last night which overall we both did enjoy. It definitely bothered me that church was not mentioned whatsoever in this movie :( I just Googled the cast and finally learned that Kim's last name is Fenech. That didn't translate clearly in the movie all the time. Some of the scenes could have been better acted such as at the sled park with Theo's brother and SIL. Oh, and I felt badly for Kim's ex Zach because as far as I know she never does tell him she has chosen to move on from their relationship. I say this extra because Zach was at the Christmas festival where Kim and Theo finally reunite. He disappeared which was very odd. I did enjoy the different premise of the movie and yes Theo was handsome, too. We will check out We Need a Little Christmas later and are DVR-ing Christmas Bedtime Stories tonight. Happy TV watching to all of dear you this weekend.

:grouphug: Frog, ITA with everyone else. Your continued courage, faith, and resiliency to do what is right with kind care is shining through and growing stronger. 🙏always, my friend.

🙏:hug:Snowysmom, I am so thankful to God extra always for your loving and supportive family. It does seem like the sooner you get out of the condo the better especially with more family celebrations to soon come in Thanksgiving and Christmas. Always, my friend, you know this, just want you to be at 🕊️We care and are here. Always with love.

PollyannaMom, Kirby, and Lynn, sending an extra :hug:to all three of you! Love to all. I will check back later.

All laundry is done. Both bathrooms are cleaned top to bottom, including hand washing the floors. Rugs are hanging outside in the sunshine. It is so nice outside. I managed to disconnect the riding mower battery and take it out for the winter. I have a small battery charger coming from Amazon so I can keep it on a trickle charge all winter. I put it's cover over it, even though its in the shed, will keep dust off of it if any gets in . Then I covered the push mower with it's cover, then put a heavy tarp over that, and put bungee cords to keep it on. Sometimes it get a little windy inside the wood shed. My only chore left is to put the plastic over both doors and the openings so it will keep the snow out of the shed for the outside cats. I wanted to wash the kitchen floor, but my back says not today, lol

Enjoy your Saturday afternoon

Good afternoon!

Well, we got the new tv delivered this morning. Got it out of the box, plugged in, and the screen is all dorked up. >:( Tried a new cable and factory reset, and it is still streaked. DH is on with geek squad right now. They will need to replace it, and I hope we don't have to buy another warranty...I mean, it is literally less than 4 hours old!

----------------------------------------------------
Doing a few loads of laundry. Made the vegan curry with green beans from Hello Fresh, and ended up tossing it. With the coconut milk and the sweet chili sauce, it was too sweet and had a weird aftertaste. Won't get that one again. Ended up eating leftover Panda Express from dinner last night.

We got a few of the Halloween decorations up. Not doing alot this year. Didn't want to go too scary for the littles. We have a red light on the ground there, that will shine onto the black web and the big spider.

20221029_130027.jpg20221029_130258.jpg20221029_130307.jpg

20221029_130059.jpg20221029_130047.jpg

It is gray and gloomy and windy, about 70, with a bit of spitting rain; perfect Halloween weather!

Dinner tonight will be hamburgers on pretzel buns, Hello Fresh tex mex mac n cheese, and some frozen veggies.

Have to be up early tomorrow to watch the Bronco-Jags game, then as soon as it's done, we are going to the Immersive Van Gogh exhibit. Dinner tomorrow will be the Moo shu style pork bowls (Hello fresh). Halloween night, we are doing grilled cheese and tomato soup, as it is easy.

All the grandkids had trunk or treats to go to this weekend; and then they'll be trick or treating on Monday. DS flies back on Monday, I think; he hasn't told me his plans yet, and I'm not going to chase him down and ask. He is an adult, making his own choices, so it is going to be on him to communicate those choices with us.

Have a good day, y'all!

Good afternoon.

Sitting in the ER with Jim. His incision opened up and is actively bleeding. Hopefully it's minor but my daughter was worried enough to insist we head right out. Evidently he has been bleeding since yesterday. She's concerned about infection.

I wanted a quiet Saturday. I'm ready for Disney again already. Let you all know later how things are doing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter