Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

FOOTBALL SEASON HAS STARTED!!!!!
I paid for Sunday Ticket ($400) so I could watch my Bronco games. Ouch...but it's in the budget and I have spent decades missing my games unless they were on the local channels, and not complaining about them...so DH said go for it, and I did.

Next week, we are going to see the Broncos v Jags in person, since I only can see them play live every 4ish years. We will be masking, and I'm bringing extra sanitizer wipes and hand sanitizer. I bought the tickets when they first announced them, and when C19 was looking like it was declining here...then summer hit... I can't sell them (unless I'm willing to take a major hit...I paid $170 a ticket, and they are selling for $40 in the same section...ouch). I'm hoping the sections stay clear of people, lol.

Other than that, nothing here. Just waiting for our pizza to arrive, because I'm starving...

Have a good day all!

89 degrees,,stiff breeze, but even that is hot. Hear mowers going all over the place, so I am glad mine was done on Friday. Oh,,and stepdaughter told me yesterday that either one or both of our grandsons would come and mow if I needed it. Why did she not tell me that before now? In 17 years,,I have had someone else mow our lawn on 2 whole occasions. She did it once and the older grandson weedwacked when Mr L had those cardiac episodes that literally killed him 2x. But then she told me that the grandson got bronchitis and could no longer do yard work..but yesterday she told me he was at home doing hers? LOL! Both of them are working (17 and21), but if they want to drive over here and do our yard, I am more than willing to pay them,rather than paying the neighbors kid!

Only thing I did today was 2 loads of laundry and swept the kitchen. Back still aches too much to wash the floor so it will have to wait. Hubby is glued to the tv for football, of course, so I have to find something else to do. May make shrimp scampi for dinner, if either of us are hungry enough, which as of right now we aren't.

Have a nice afternoon..stay cool if you are back in the heatwave!

Enjoy your football game, B&B! I hope the Broncos win 🏈

Hooray! Please do hire your family to mow, Lynn!

Waving Hi from warm, CA. I've been busy trying to organize in advance Christmas packages. Next year lol, I send any packages directly to the recipient for the most part!

:grouphug: to all. I'll check in once more a little later.

@Allison Joy, what a beautiful, moving poem! I can't believe it's been 20 years. My memories of that day are very vivid.

Last year when Josh and I were doing our town scavenger hunt, one of the clues took us to the fire department where we have 2 of the Trade Center beams and a small memorial to the 3 sites. I think DH and I just told Josh that something really, really bad happened and the buildings fell down. Josh thought for a minute and asked, "Did monsters make the buildings fall down?" It was such a good way to put it - I told him "Yes. Monsters did indeed make the buildings fall down."

Got Turkey Hill and had to chose between Vanilla Bean, Original Vanilla, and Homestyle Vanilla. No idea the difference.

I missed the ice cream discussion! My mother only likes vanilla ice cream, but she won't touch vanilla bean. She hates the "crunch" of the bean. If she buys Hood, she also won't eat the Golden Vanilla or French Vanilla. I seriously can't tell the difference; vanilla is vanilla. I like "stuff" in my ice cream anyway. I have to be desperate to have plain vanilla or chocolate. I've been enjoying Turkey Hill for several years now, but our stores finally started carrying Tillamook and OMG...that's some good ice cream! Tonight after Josh goes to bed, I'm digging into the Tillamook Mudslide that I've got with my name on it...

I'm leery of anti-depressants, mainly because I don't want to gain any more weight. I'm in hopes my Dr. can give me some suggestions/ideas and we can get a plan to move forward.

I recommend asking about Wellbutrin (or buproprion, the generic). My doctor practically insisted that I go on something, and I didn't want to, as I was also scared of gaining weight. She said we'd try Wellbutrin, as it decreases cravings and people tend to lose a little weight on it (I guess it's used for people trying to quit smoking as well). It worked - last time I was in the office, I'd lost 10 lbs. And my cravings haven't returned. (Except for the ice cream, I guess... ;) )

QOTD for Friday 9/10: Who are some of your favorite Disney characters? And/or Do you have a favorite--or even just a more recent, pre plague (sadly), character interaction memory?

Not traditional Disney characters, I think, but I love my Jack Skellington and Captain Jack Sparrow! I just bought our annual white pumpkin and painted a Jack Skellington expression on it.

My favorite interaction wasn't with me, but with my cousin. March 1980; I was 5 1/2 and Matt was 3. My mom and I met with my then-aunt, and cousins Matt and baby Allison at WDW (the Magic Kingdom was all that existed). I remember coming out of the bathroom to find Matt having a mock fistfight with Mickey Mouse. Matt's gone now...he passed away in 2009 at age 32. Maybe that's why that memory sticks in my mind.

Hubby is glued to the tv for football, of course, so I have to find something else to do.

That's the situation here as well. DH is a raging Patriots fan, but now that his "man" Tom Brady plays for the Buccaneers, I'm stuck watching both teams every week. Today he wouldn't even join Josh and I at the movies (although that could be that he didn't want to see David Bowie's skintight pants ;) )

I thought I'd have more time with Josh starting school again, but no. He went off to school just fine on Tuesday morning and came home happy. But I guess the stress and the change overwhelmed him because he had several outbursts throughout the evening. He was better on Wednesday. I had to pick him up on Thursday afternoon, as he has his gymnastics class in Agawam at 4 and there is no way we'd get there on time if he took the bus. His classroom has an exterior door where we walk over to pick the kids up (no car line, it holds up the busses), so I got to see the room through the window, where he sits, and I met his teacher. Really like her already. Can't believe I'm 10 years older than her, though. So there will be an open house on the 22nd, but only one parent can attend (during a specific time). DH said I should go, as I'm the one with whom the teacher will be communicating, but after meeting her that afternoon, I realized that DH should go to the open house since I'll be seeing her every week anyway.

So now my mom and I are free to run lots of errands. We're preparing to repaint the living room and hallway, so we went to the paint store for color chips and to ask about how to paint a fireplace mantel and brick. I've been packing stuff up; emptying out our 2 huge double-deep bookcases took all week! One day I took 2 bins of Josh's outgrown clothing and some toys to Once Upon a Child and even with buying a few things, I netted $57. Little disappointed that they only took one toy, though. Everything worked and was in excellent condition, new batteries, etc. so it truly puzzles me why they pass on certain things. But as far as the clothing, they took almost everything - most of the rejects were hand-me-downs from the son of a friend of my mom's, who is now in junior high, so it was pretty old as it is.

Thursday night, Josh got to stay out late when we took him to see RUSH: Cinema Strangiato at the movie theatre. It's a concert/documentary about the band RUSH. Josh loves them (as do I). He was definitely the youngest person in the theatre! Today he and I went to see the Labyrinth 35th Anniversary showing (hence why DH didn't join us). I hope nobody heard me singing ;)

Josh also started soccer this week - his first practice was on Tuesday night. DH and I got chewed up by mosquitos; I had a total of 36 bites in the end. His coach is the father of one of his classmates, which is nice. Yesterday, Saturday, was his first official game. I'm not sure if they won, it didn't look like they were keeping score, but he enjoyed running around out there.

So now it's a new week. Need to get him to bed, I don't think he's caught up on the sleep he missed on Thursday night!

Good Monday morning..already a muggy 75 out going to 90 again for the next 3 days. I have had enough of the heat, so this had better be summer's last hurrah with it. Garden is done, ready to tear out as soon as I have the energy to do it. Slept from 10-12:30..woke to a too loud tv once again. Fell asleep and woke again at 3. Wide awake. Got up and fed the cats, and went back to bed, and slept on and off till 7:30.

Matt from PT should be here today, hubby wants to try the outside step again using the adjustable gym stepper we got to make that first step 1/2 the height. In preparation for his ortho follow up Thursday. Matt will also be back on Wednesday so we can practice it again then. Should be a lot easier this time as hubby is stronger than he was a month ago..at least I hope it will be easier. Not fond of doing it in 90 degree heat, so hope Matt comes on the early side this morning.

I am only glad it's going to be hot so I don't have to do anything outside, can stay in the ac and take a nap. Geez I just got up and I am already planning a nap, lol!

Stepdaughter had told me this story on Saturday, as she knew the guy, her girls had actually spent time with his kids at his house years ago, but it wasn't in the paper till today. Local 44 year old man arrested for going into this girlfriends house (she was 34) and decapitating her with a homemade machete. I cannot imagine the poor person who witnessed that and called the police. How awful :(

9406cd7977352844dcf8a4b7029804fc.jpg

Sitting with my Toto, too, between my legs. 🥰 Missed him while we were away. Have to work virtually today.

My two are PO'd at me! Have some folks coming to the house to do a bit of work this morning so they had to go out in the yard. Took a piece of pepperoni to cajole them out :rotfl2: They usually have the house to themselves and go to their respective corners to have a lie in on weekday mornings, and their noses get out of joint when their routine is messed with!

Speaking of dogs, one of ours has to go to the vet this afternoon, and it's a two person job. Just routine, nothing major. Neither care very much for the ordeal! I always am jealous of those folks in the waiting room with sedate dogs that are chill.

Nail appt. after the vet appt., and leftover lamb chops are on the menu tonight. Fouled up the oil seal on the drive shaft of my tractor yesterday afternoon, so out of commission until husband can crawl under there and get it fixed. Screws up our timeline for some of the fields - but what can you do? It is what it is.

Have a good morning everyone!

Happy Monday :jester:.

I worked all weekend so I wasn't able to enjoy the beautiful weather we had. I'm currently on a 19 day stretch of working :sad2:. I'll get 2 days off in a couple of weeks and then start back with a 21 day stretch :faint:. I have 1 Sunday off in October and I'm hoping the kids are available so that we can go to the Pixar exhibit at the Museum Center. It looks like it will be fun since parts of it are interactive.

I was able to watch the Bengals game yesterday at work. I don't really like the Bengals but I watch because I know they will try their hardest to lose the game in the end ::yes:: and I think it's kinda funny. Surprisingly they actually held on in OT yesterday and beat the Vikings.

Not much else going on today. I'll need to cut the grass some time this week, I might try to hold off until Friday because it's back to being ungodly hot again this week.

Have a good day :flower:

Stepdaughter had told me this story on Saturday, as she knew the guy, her girls had actually spent time with his kids at his house years ago, but it wasn't in the paper till today. Local 44 year old man arrested for going into this girlfriends house (she was 34) and decapitating her with a homemade machete. I cannot imagine the poor person who witnessed that and called the police. How awful :(

Yah, it's going to hot and muggy here too. When I'm done here, I have to shower, and head to Publix to get some basics for the week. We're having leftover meatloaf for lunch, and I am making green onion chicken tonight for dinner. Tomorrow is bacon and cheddar burgers.

We are going to see Shang-Chi on Thurs. The theater has been empty at the 1:30 showing on the XL screen all of last week, and this week looks to be the same. I've been watching the theaters, and there are never any seats marked as unavailable at this time, so that means they hadn't sold any tickets to that time by the time the movie started. (I check at 1:40, 10 min after start time, which is when they shut off online ticket sales.) So, we are taking a risk and going Thurs. We missed seeing Black Widow in the theater; we used to go to opening weekend for every Marvel movie, and I miss it. We're being horrible awful parents, and dragging our son along with us. :rotfl2:
----------------------------------------------------------------
It's strange, how those little connections pop up when you least expect it. I have some connections to a few murders.

When I was working at McD's, my boss's brother was arrested (and later convicted) of killing a woman and paralyzing a good samaritan trying to help her. Here's a link to a Reddit post about it, and another possible murder. He gave off such a creep vibe; it didn't surprise anyone to hear about his crimes.

Here's a link about my cousin's murder. The guy got off; the police screwed up the evidence. Not surprised; the Aurora police department has always been crap.

I babysat for the Bennett family (link) a few times before the murders happened. My dad used to drink with the grandfather. The guy was a serial attacker (at least 4 other attacks have been contributed to him).

------------------------

I resemble this video, lol... <---link Give me a show about serial killers, and I'm all in. IDK why, always have been.

I swear..if my stepdaughter didn't have bad luck, she would have no luck. Last nite her, one of her sons, and one daughter were in the kitchen when they heard an impact in their driveway. The live off the main road in WV. A red jeep (fairly new), tried to pass a blue truck, sped up, and his brakes locked up. He hit the blue truck head on right in front of the house, in their driveway. It totalled her sons PT cruiser. Guy in the blue truck was in bad shape .Appeared to have a broken pelvis and protruding bones from what she could see. She is still cleaning up glass and car parts this morning. She just told me they know the guy in the red jeep, and that he just bought it , so they are hoping he has full coverage to pay for the sons car :(

I swear..if my stepdaughter didn't have bad luck, she would have no luck. Last nite her, one of her sons, and one daughter were in the kitchen when they heard an impact in their driveway. The live off the main road in WV. A red jeep (fairly new), tried to pass a blue truck, sped up, and his brakes locked up. He hit the blue truck head on right in front of the house, in their driveway. It totalled her sons PT cruiser. Guy in the blue truck was in bad shape .Appeared to have a broken pelvis and protruding bones from what she could see. She is still cleaning up glass and car parts this morning. She just told me they know the guy in the red jeep, and that he just bought it , so they are hoping he has full coverage to pay for the sons car :(
And for the long hospitalization and rehab of the driver of the blue truck. Wow. How old was the driver of the Jeep?

Hug, Apirateslifeforme, transitions are never easy especially from summer back to school. I am truly so thankful that you and Josh like his teacher! Prayers for a safe and fun school year for him (and all Quacker kiddos, too). I agree with your mom on the ice cream. Glad you and Josh got to enjoy a movie treat. I hope both your and DH’s preferred teams do well this season.

Hooray for the comfort and companionship of beloved pets.

Yikes and how TERRIBLE, Lynn and scary, too, :( I hope all goes well with Matt and that this week brings you more sleep!

I can relate to your pup, Easyas, I don’t think anyone rushes to the doctor. I’m glad their visit is routine and hope it goes smoothly. Enjoy your manicure :)

I’m sorry you had to work away the weekend, Footballmouse. An interactive exhibit sounds fun though which I hope it will be when you and your kids get to check it out.

Enjoy your movie as well, B&B! So glad you and other Quackers are able to now get out a bit more for fun :)

Have a great Monday, all!

And for the long hospitalization and rehab of the driver of the blue truck. Wow. How old was the driver of the Jeep?

stepdaughter just told me his name and that he is 23 years old--the driver of the jeep I mean

the driver of the blue truck is in surgery now to stop the internal bleeding, fix a broken femur and the broken pelvis..saying a prayer for him and his Drs

Look what the jeep did to the blue truck :( and the second pic is the back of grandsons pt cruiser..and how they both ended up in her driveway from the main road is beyond me ! She is lucky that it didn't push the truck any farther up the driveway or her car would have been the next one hit. Geez :(

Resized952021091295224612001.jpgResized952021091295235541(1).jpg

Wow Lynn....I hope the driver is OK and the insurance covers the repair of your GSs car....yikes. how awful.

Just got back from a fun, relaxing weekend in Palm Springs with my best friends. The three of us have been friends since high school so almost 30 years. We ate, had drinks, went swimming...just overall had a great time.

Now I'm waiting to hear from DH if he'll be heading back up north for the week so I can join him this. Hoping we'll be back this weekend as our annual city celebration this weekend. We go every year with our friends, except last year when it was canceled but there's a 5k walk/run, a parade, a little festival at one of our city parks with booths and jumpers for the kids, live bands followed by fireworks. We go out to the park with our chairs and ice chests around 3p, sit under the trees, eat some yummy junk food and then haul everything over to the soccer fields once it gets dark to watch the fireworks. Its a lot of fun. I'm usually in the parade on a float for a friend's business...if we get sick up north though, I'll have to miss this year.

Hope everyone has a great day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!