Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning all. We got some nice steady light rain last night , but no storm. It's 58 out now going to be a high of 76, so should be a nice day. It would be good to have the windows open for a change, but the cicada's songs make that impossible.

No cleaning plans today, most of it is already done, so just making grocery list is what's on my 'to do 'list, for now

Going back to sleep for an hour or so.

Have a nice morning everyone!

20170d34bee62fa85c38bc7080048426.jpg

Good morning, everyone!

We got a bunch of rain yesterday, and I realized I have to trim some branches out back. Everything is growing so fast, they're starting to get in the way of the compost bin.

We patched one spot, but still seem to have a small leak in the pool liner. DH has been adding a bit of water every day. So our other task once the rain passes is to find that.

School is wrapping up for the little ones. They were so distracted yesterday! But we only have a couple of things we really need to do this week. The rest is just review and fun stuff, and then we're done the 23rd. Today is library day.

Good morning.

Have to come in to the office today and tomorrow >:( . I am so flipping bored, plus Lets Make a Deal is about to be on in 3 minutes (I like my game shows). It is going to be so hard to adjust when I have to start coming back in full time next month. At least yesterday I was able to get my grass cut during some down time. I also took my laptop outside with me while I laid out in the sun for awhile. My son picked up the kitchen cabinets yesterday from Home Depot that I bought Sunday. I have a leak under my sink and the plumber needs to cut my floor in order to get to it. I'm responsible for pulling out the bottom cabinets. My other boys said that once they pull those cabinets out, they aren't going back in. The bottom cabinets were crappy when I bought the house but they were doable. So I bought new bottom cabinets, I'll just paint all the cabinets so they match.

Not much else going on. Using some leftover ham for dinner. I lay pineapple slices on top of the ham slices while in the oven, it's pretty good.

Have a good Tuesday!

Good morning.

We went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast because we couldn't go for DH's birthday last week. Very empty but a pleasant meal. And I love shopping in their store. I only bought salt and pepper shakers. They have new ones every season for $.99 each and I have quite a collection. Today's were turtles. I have bought clothing there for myself and for DGD. Didn't find any today but so nice to actually be able to look again.

Tried to watch the launch from Wallops Island. I got up before 7 to watch then saw it was delayed. Was home from breakfast in time to watch and looked in the sky where we saw it before but didn't see it. :sad1: @easyas123, did you see it?

@lynxstch,, I kind of like the cicadas song

Our neighbor with the huge garden gave us a lot of tomatoes last night.
I wish we were closer too. Those look good and I could go for a real tomato.

ried to watch the launch from Wallops Island. I got up before 7 to watch then saw it was delayed. Was home from breakfast in time to watch and looked in the sky where we saw it before but didn't see it. :sad1: @easyas123, did you see it?

Nope - I hustled thru my shower and got myself outside just before 7 and scanned the skies for about 10 minutes before giving up - obviously I didn't realize it was delayed haha! It was a touch cloudy - oh well, I'll try to pay more attention to the timing of the next one!

Off for jobsite visits/meetings.

Good Morning :grouphug:

Wow, June is already half over! Today is the day when most Covid restrictions are supposed to be lifted out here. It will be interesting to see what that truly means in stores. Definitely so hopeful indeed. For the first time in forever, I am starting the day by wearing a T shirt! Amazing. Maybe I'm a teeny bit cool but not at all cold! It is supposed to be near 100 today after all.

Keep cool, friends, and have some fun today!

We are in for another scortcher today as it is not even 10 am here and already 72 degrees out with an expected high of 107. It is looking like we are going to be under stage 1 fire restrictions starting at midnight for my county due to the entire county being under either an abnormally dry or a drought 1 rating according to the national drought monitor plus already having had a couple of wild fires in the county.
Stage 1 restricts open burning with a few exceptions such as small fire pits are allowed but you have to have fire supression supplies within so many feet of the fire, barbecues are allowed if they have an automatic shut off that can be engaged, and smokers can smoke provided they have a cleared area 30 feet in diameter. We can still mow lawns and use gas operated weed eaters and chain saws during all hours as well as use gas powed equipement off paved or graveled roads. At this time fireworks will still be allowed to be set off provided people have equipment to start any fire supression though in the next few weeks that could change to all areas and not just the city limits of the largest community in the county having them forbidden which is an all time restriction regardless of the dryness or not in the area. If fireworks end up being banned only licensed operators can set them off. There is one church that has a group that is licensed to light off larger ones not available to the public which does a show in the larger community on the far end from where I am. The volunteer fire department of one of the other communities also puts on a large fireworks display most of which we can see from our back and side decks.
If we do end up with restrictions banning fireworks I highly dought one of my neighbors will comply considering that they have no problems lighting off ones that are illegal here getting them from out of state. If that is the case I have no problem in making a phone call to the local authorities and making a report.

Good morning everyone.

I never realized how bored I can get not having the kids around. They are having a lot of fun in Orlando. Loved Gator Land, hated Universal but are loving the pool at the house they are staying at.

The Phillies game Sunday was fun. The Phillies won. LJ slept through most of it in my arms so I didn't take a tone of pictures.

We had the cardiologist yesterday for my husband. Thankfully his tests all came back OK. The meds are working and he stays on them for the rest of his life. It does mean an upper tier Medigap insurance next year when we lose the city coverage. His one medication out of pocket would be over $1,000 every 3 months, we pay $20 with our coverage. I asked the doctor if there was a cheaper alternative we can think about but he wants him on this medication. One of his other medications is almost as much money. The cost of medicines is insane.

I booked our airfare for the Disney trip the other day. Using 2 different airlines but it works out a little better money wise and the flight down is an hour later than the one we looked at which is slightly better. Southwest to Orlando at 7 AM and American home at 7:30 PM. The only problem is I still can't get rides to and from the airport. My kids schedules no longer work. I am debating off site parking, staying at a hotel overnight that I can leave the car at while gone or parking at the airport. I know I have time but it's an added expense. Conversely I don't have to bother anybody or wait for them to pick up up. I do obsess these little details.

@Kirby I wish I lived closer I definitely would take some off your hands. I love tomatoes fresh from the garden. Hopefully next year my son will have transformed my back and built the raised garden for me.

@football mouse - I feel your pain with the kitchen cabinets. I just redid my whole kitchen and we didn't realize we had a leak under the sink. Thankfully the floor itself wasn't damaged but the pipes had to be replaced into the garage which is right under the kitchen.

Only thing on the agenda today is the grocery store. We had the Covid restrictions lifted here last week but a lot of places are still requiring masks.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Happy Tuesday all....sorry I'm not interacting much but I am reading. I've been thinking I'll come back at the end of the day to reply and post but I just haven't had the time. I'm finally getting stuff done around here. Our house has been soo unorganized and neglected for so long, its taking a lot of work. LOL Yesterday I did our office and dining room. Went through all the personal papers I've been collecting to go through and see what needed to be saved and what can be tossed/shredded....we had so much junk mail in there its ridiculous. I wish they had a do not mail list like the do not call one, even though that doesn't always work. Today I have a nail appointment but then I'm cleaning, dusting, organizing our formal living room that just ends up being the catch all room, nobody ever uses. We used to have a bar in there but gave it to to friend no to long ago. We still have a wall shelf full of glassware for the bar so I'm going to need to figure out what to do with all that....our kitchen cabinets are too small to add them in there. Maybe I'll just box them up and put them in the garage for now until we get the kitchen remodel we want to do.

Hope everyone stays cool...sounds like lots of us are heating up this week.

Stay cool and safe, Sweetpeama. I have never been a fireworks fan at all (the loud noise). I much preferred years ago water type light shows that were quietly pretty.

Hugs to you Taz Dev, so glad your DH's test results were good! I hope you have a wonderful time on FL! :)

:hug:Good to see you, AuntieMe3. I also wish there was a do not mail list and that the do not call worked! We still get spam calls from the same names yet keep blocking them. They must have a ton of different phone numbers :( Pre pandemic, I had begun to help an elderly friend with organizing/paring down. I know she felt overwhelmed by the sheer amount of paper and other stuff she had accumulated over the years. As I kept reminding her, take the organizing one step, one drawer even at a time. It does not have to all be at once.

Trying to get a post in before I have to go outside and wait for the school bus...

Sounds cute! And reminds of something I saw this time last year - you get an adult size shirt, write "Class of ___" (whatever year he graduates) and take a pic of him at the end of every school year as he grows into it.
Like this...? :teeth:

MVIMG_20200908_074352 copy.jpg

I made it before he started preschool in 2018. Back then, it covered his feet. This photo was taken on the first day of school and he's grown 2 1/2 inches since then. Even though today is his last day at school, after our movie tomorrow morning he wants to go to the school and take photos there, so I'll find out then just how short it is now ;) I tried to do our high school colors, but the green is a little too light. The school green is more of a hunter green, but this is the only one Michaels had at the time.

I remember getting Highlights as a kid!

How did Josh sign up for the Lego Life one? I bet the twins would love it!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/life/magazine
I had forgotten that we signed up for it. It only comes 4x a year, so I was pleasantly surprised when our first issue appeared in our mailbox :)

They look nice. I had gotten Jamberry nails wraps some years ago. I had such trouble applying them but they did look nice once on. Maybe I'll try again. I googled them and they went out of business.

I think I have some Jamberry wraps still in my stash. I bought them when a friend had a party - felt like I HAD to - and then never used them because they sounded too difficult. I was going to put them out on my "free" table during our next tag sale. The Color Street are so easy, I love them!

QOTD: Do you ever find yourself engrossed so much in a series that the characters are almost like family? Or that you find yourself thinking about them during the day?
Probably the Big Bang Theory. I can relate to those nerds quite a bit ;) There were other shows that I became very invested in, and was quite disappointed when they were canceled. I remember joining the "SAVE..." campaigns for Forever and Timeless.

We also watch Seinfeld every night, but I can't say they feel like family. They're funny, but I would crawl into a hole if I actually was related to any of those characters!

So on Sunday after I posted, we spent the day at my MIL's house as usual. She's getting a dumpster this week, and when we arrived we found a small pile of stuff at the curb and a LARGE pile of stuff against the fence in the side/back yard. My SIL had gone to town in the garage on Saturday, which resulted in the junk pile at the fence. My BIL arrived a few minutes after us and commented on how SIL "needs to calm down" (same things DH and I say)...and "If the dumpster is going to be right here in the driveway, why did she carry everything out and put it back there, and now we'll just have to carry it all back?" He's got a point...

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. We got her a new TV for her bedroom, which was delivered last week and we set it up on Sunday. She said it was the one she was thinking of buying, but I'm not sure if she fully likes it yet. When you turn it on, it goes to a "home screen" and not to the channel you were watching when you turned it off. You have to go to "input" and choose what you want to go to. Of course Josh knows EXACTLY what to do...when we got home from my MIL's house on Sunday, he hightailed it up there and found a Lego Ninjago show on Netflix. So since she got her gift early, we just gave her cards and had cake - she picked out a small strawberry shortcake from one of our grocery stores and it was REALLY good!

Speaking of Lego, as much as we like it, we don't watch the Lego Masters show either. We're just not into competition shows. Back when we were first married, we enjoyed Wipeout during the summer months, but nothing topped the competitor Frank "Freak of Nature" Beasley. He was AWESOME. And then we got into Face Off on Syfy, the movie makeup show, but that's been canceled for a few years now. Even Josh watched it and as a result, he's not scared of monsters in movies or TV shows because he knows "that's just a person wearing makeup."

Okay, time for me to head out for the bus. I can't believe I have a first grader already.

Happy Tuesday all....sorry I'm not interacting much but I am reading. I've been thinking I'll come back at the end of the day to reply and post but I just haven't had the time. I'm finally getting stuff done around here. Our house has been soo unorganized and neglected for so long, its taking a lot of work. LOL Yesterday I did our office and dining room. Went through all the personal papers I've been collecting to go through and see what needed to be saved and what can be tossed/shredded....we had so much junk mail in there its ridiculous. I wish they had a do not mail list like the do not call one, even though that doesn't always work. Today I have a nail appointment but then I'm cleaning, dusting, organizing our formal living room that just ends up being the catch all room, nobody ever uses. We used to have a bar in there but gave it to to friend no to long ago. We still have a wall shelf full of glassware for the bar so I'm going to need to figure out what to do with all that....our kitchen cabinets are too small to add them in there. Maybe I'll just box them up and put them in the garage for now until we get the kitchen remodel we want to do.

Hope everyone stays cool...sounds like lots of us are heating up this week.

There IS a do not mail list. Usually on the back of the crap they send,,way at the bottom in small print, is a phone # to call. You do have to enter your information, but it works. We hardly get any junk mail anymore!

Just got the internet back. It, cable, and phone were all down.

DH and I tried to go for a walk in Fair Hill but the cicadas were too intense in the woods, dive bombing and landing on us. We gave up and turned back after a quarter mile. Went to a different area of the park and walked in fields that are unmown and kept as a nesting habitat for bobolinks. We actually saw about 6 males flying around, which was cool. Stopped at the orchard market and got some vegetables to roast with fish for a zero point dinner to make up for the breakfast I had.

Well, we had 0% chance of rain..so guess what it's doing? Dumping down the rain again. I went out this morning and cut all the dead peonie's off the plants,,scrubbed out the 3 birdbaths, changed out the bird feeder for a clean one so I could soak the other one , and cleaned the litterboxes. I too got divebombed by several cicada's while outside. Only good things about the rain are that I don't have to water anything tonite, and it shut the cicada's up for awhile. I noticed a lot of them climbing back up in the trees, presumably to make holes and lay their eggs..and there are a LOT of dead ones around the bases of the trees again too.
Dinner is going to be shrimp scampi and a salad. Hubby's nite, so that's his choice, works for me,,easy enough to make.

Good afternoon everyone :)

Apirateslifeforme, Josh is really growing right up. It's really neat that you are capturing his end of school year picture each year with him wearing his class of 2033 T shirt. That will be special for all of you to look back on:hug:

Sorry about the 🌧Lynn and the yucky bugs, too!

:( Carol that your walk was ruined by pesky bugs, I'm sorry, my friend. I'm glad you were able to get some shopping done out of your trip.

Dad said so far nothing has changed here in terms of any signs or differences in employees or customers at either the laundry mat or Ralph's. Keeping in prayer perhaps this will be updated later in the week and much more so that the relaxing of restrictions does not lead to any Covid spike! I do admit to not understanding the mask logic say of DL vs Ralph's. But, God -willing, over the summer things continue to brighten up all-around.

That rain washed away all the humidity,,its 72 with a nice breeze, and I opened the windows and the doors. The bugs have quieted down enough. Dinner was really good,,and simple with only a few dishes. We are watching Small Fortune..it's just ok. Tried that Celebrity Dating Game..waste of an hour I will never get back, lol
Have a nice evening everyone

It will be interesting to see what that truly means in stores. Definitely so hopeful indeed.

Yay for CA! And yay you can get out and about again! I've been reading about the openings at WDW & DL and things really do seem to be awake again!

I booked our airfare for the Disney trip the other day.

I need to do that, but I have a pile of SW points I want to use, so at the moment I'm waiting for the next schedule to be announced in Sept. Plus...I haven't exactly decided if I'm going to stop by my folks on my way to or from MCO so that decision needs to be made-

ust got the internet back. It, cable, and phone were all down.

That stinks - glad you got everything back up.

Welp my day was good. Spent most of it on the road and at jobsites, but accomplished a fair bit. Eldest & husband just left to go night time bow fishing and so it's just me and the dogs and whatever crap is on TV. Tomorrow evening is my first in-class yoga class, looking forward to it for sure. Have a good evening everyone!

@apirateslifeforme, cute picture of Josh!

@FlyingDumbo, I pray that ya'll get a break and no Covid spikes anytime soon. We've been without masks for a couple of weeks now. It's too early to tell but I'm hopeful.

A bright and sunny day for us, not as hot as yesterday but still in the upper 90's. We under a air quality advisory, the air is not moving much at all.

I stayed in most of the day. Ventured out to pick up a business check and deposited it. Keeping all the window curtains shut and lights off if possible. Not going to turn up my A/C though. We keep it at 74 from the time we turn it on in the Spring until we don't need it in the Fall. Sometimes it's too warm in the house even at that temperature and others it's on the chilly side. I figure it's best to stay at the same temp all the time instead of flipping back and forth.

DD prepared dinner tonight. She made a sugar and spice cedar planked salmon, Uncle Ben's garlic and butter steamable rice and air fried panko covered okra. She did a good job and was an easy clean up.

Lynn, years ago my Grandma enjoyed watching Love Connection! I would watch it with her at times just because it was extra time with her❤ I'm sorry the show you checked out wasn't too good.

Enjoy your yoga class, Easyas! Actually, I'm not able to go out yet. Still mask mandates in stores for all. until that is lifted, I'm home. Thank you though for your good CA thoughts! Have fun vacation planning.

Thank you, Kirby. That's a smart AC idea to hopefully maintain.

Have a good evening, friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter