QSDP question

nasaba

Earning My Ears
I'm new to the dining plan. We are going to Disney in November and have the free QSDP. I see the list of restaurants that we can go to, but are there only certain things on the menu with the QSDP, or is it anything on the menu?

Thanks!

When in a counter service location, every entree counts as an entree, any desert counts as a dessert, and every drink (except the souvenir sports bottles and alcoholic beverages, and special stuff like San Pellegrino water at Wolfgang Puck Express) count as a drink! That's the beauty of it!

There's one restriction that I can think of - if you go to Tangierine Cafe in Epcot, the only dessert you can get is baklava.

Thanks for the replies. That's what I thought, but it seemed to good to be true. Thanks again.

You won't be short of food on the QSDP ;) .... to put it mildly! Also, if you like a bit of variety and you research your menus before you go, you will have plenty of options for variety. Enjoy it. Right now, QSDP works perfectly for us, aside from being more than we can consume.

You won't be short of food on the QSDP ;) .... to put it mildly! Also, if you like a bit of variety and you research your menus before you go, you will have plenty of options for variety. Enjoy it. Right now, QSDP works perfectly for us, aside from being more than we can consume.

agreed! i debated upgrading our dining on our june trip (QSDP was part of the kids free deal). but then, i decided not to--just to see how it went. we honestly were not hungry and still ended up splitting some meals. we had six meals left for our four-person brunch on sunday. DS wanted a hot dog and chicken nuggets. i said, "why not? we'll still end up with an extra meal!" :thumbsup2

We are going to WDW on September 11-17 and staying at the Pop. We decided not to upgrade our dining package and stay with quick service plan. There are 3 adults and one 3 yr. old. We are hoping this will be enough food for all of us. Is there a kids menu at the Pop Century? What can we get our granddaughter for breakfast there?
Are there any suggestions for Quick Service dinner at the parks besides hamburgers & fries?

We are going to WDW on September 11-17 and staying at the Pop. We decided not to upgrade our dining package and stay with quick service plan. There are 3 adults and one 3 yr. old. We are hoping this will be enough food for all of us. Is there a kids menu at the Pop Century? What can we get our granddaughter for breakfast there?
Are there any suggestions for Quick Service dinner at the parks besides hamburgers & fries?

There will be plenty of food. I assume your 3 yr. old is on the dining plan as well? If so; you can get her anything on the children's menu. Look at allears.net. They have wonderful menus and explain the plan a bit. Keep in mind that a huge coffee roll or muffin also count as a snack and those would be more than enough for members of our family for breakfast. In Epcot, there is Sunshine Seasons with a great variety....right in the same building as the Land and Soarin'. Plus....you can also grab counter service at the countries in Epcot. Have a look at the menus on all ears and that will help. You can also eat any any resort. Have fun.

I can't wait for the QSDP. We have done the regular plan 3 years in a row. I'm sick of adr's and so is dh. We do have one adr for our 10 day stay at Garden Grill. We also plan on eating at rainforest and t-rex.

Lots of snacks with the QSDP also. I think we will have around 54. :scared1:

When using it in the past the only limitation I have eve encountered were only baklava as a dessert in Moracco and only tier 1 and 2 desserts from Pepper Market.

There will be plenty of food. I assume your 3 yr. old is on the dining plan as well? If so; you can get her anything on the children's menu. Look at allears.net. They have wonderful menus and explain the plan a bit. Keep in mind that a huge coffee roll or muffin also count as a snack and those would be more than enough for members of our family for breakfast. In Epcot, there is Sunshine Seasons with a great variety....right in the same building as the Land and Soarin'. Plus....you can also grab counter service at the countries in Epcot. Have a look at the menus on all ears and that will help. You can also eat any any resort. Have fun.

Thanks, I'll check out allears.net menu's :goodvibes

I can't wait for the QSDP. We have done the regular plan 3 years in a row. I'm sick of adr's and so is dh. We do have one adr for our 10 day stay at Garden Grill. We also plan on eating at rainforest and t-rex.

Lots of snacks with the QSDP also. I think we will have around 54. :scared1:
We also had the regular plan 3 years in a row and didn't want to be tied down with ADR's again, having to be at a certain place at a certain time EVERY night.
We are paying for an ADR for Chef Mickey's one night and using the free QS the rest of the days.
This is the first time using QS. I like the freedom to eat whenever we want and I'm sure it will work out fine. Free is a good thing. :yay:

We just came back Monday and had QSDP for 4 adults and 1 child. We loved the plan! We had 28 snacks left the day before checking out, so we all snacked extra well that day. Still having lots of snacks left, we brought home lots of awesome fudge, pecan and cashew patties, cookies, and candy from the candy shoppes. We are enjoying having a piece of Disney at home, as well as, slowly weaning ourselves from all those deserts and snacks each day.

I only had a cheeseburger once by choice. Otherwise, the food was very good with plenty of variety. I will add that we stayed at POR Riverside, which we consider to have a wonderful food court. They have a great assortment of deserts, as well as, make you own pasta with various sauces, vegetables, noodles, and choice of chicken our shrimp. I loved the make your own salad with either steak or shrimp. It was too much food! The teens loved getting a nice sized pizza for 2 CS credits or a personal pizza for 1. Of course, they loved the Monster energy drinks (I think they sell for $3.99 each) free with their meal. The turkey platter was also very good. POR also has nice sundaes and frappes as deserts and loved the apple pie, cinnamon rolls, and a real piece of cheesecake with strawberries.

Cosmic Rays is a good value. We had the chicken and ribs, and I believe the turkey wrap. DH had the burger and loved the toppings bar. Desserts here were not the best, but we really didn't need much after the meal. DH loved the shrimp at Columbia Harbor House and I liked the tuna. I can't remember the deserts here though. I know DH ate late one night at Peco Bill's and didn't want desert. He asked if he could get a side of chili instead and there was no problem. He liked his food here, especially since they also have a toppings bar. We had funnel cakes with powdered sugar numerous times at MK, as they are only considered a snack credit at this location. There was a place in Frontierland, near the Country Bears I think, that had big, wonderful cookies and fudge for a snack credit. Main St. Bakery and the candy place on Main St. were great places for snacks too.

In AK the ribs were very good at Flame Tree Barbecue, but wish they offered something besides beans and coleslaw for sides. We didn't ask to substitute anything for them. I had a nice sundae in Dinoland, but I can't remember the name of the place I got it. The floats everywhere were very refreshing in the heat, but we had a lot of rainy days in the beginning and didn't use as many snacks like we usually do to cool off with something nice and cold. The rainy days were great for crowd control though! We didn't care for the CS at Yak and Yeti at all. Lots of rice and food was just not that great, although others like it.

HS had great sandwiches at Starring Rolls and wonderful deserts to pair with it for CS credit. I went at 3 PM and there was still plenty to choose from. They also had sushi trays, but since they only had spicy left, didn't ask if they were a CS credit. Toy Story Pizza Planet was always just an okay place to eat, but fun for the kids. This time we skipped it, as we all went back to the hotel for lunch and a swim. The youngest enjoyed his cotton candy as a snack credit and I loved my cashew patty (had to share it when I said it was good!) from the store attached to Starring Rolls. We also had a great meal OOP at Mama Melrose, as we wanted the Fantasmic package on July 4th. Great meal, loved the steak, and the seats were very good for the show.

Epcot had wonderful CS choice at Sunshine Seasons, and the fish and chips at the CS in England were awesome. We actually had those 2x, but you could only get a wrapped shortbread cookie for desert. It was good though. My teens enjoyed their meal at Japan CS. I didn't venture to try the platters in Morraco (? spelling and name of CS area not coming to me right now), but they did look large and good. We never got to France where we love deserts, but did have some in Norway I think it is.

We took the monorail over to visit the Polynesian and had counter service there. I enjoyed a flatbread pizza and a Dole Whip for dessert. It was nice to sit outside at a table and enjoy the atmosphere. I also wouldn't hesitate to eat at the food court at AK, but we had a meal at Boma OOP.

Sorry this is so long, but thanks to all the suggestions on the boards here on the DIS, we ate very well. We just do not want to have to be at meals at a set time each day, so the QSDP worked wonderful. We brought cereal, cereal bars and bagels from home to toast in the the complimentary toaster at POR, but rarely ate them. Some days the teens just split meals, especially at the hotel, and having three suppers OOP gave us even more breakfasts.

That reminds me. We ate at Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD, and it was awesome. The meals, pizzas and deserts (had cheesecake and creme brulee) were sooo good. The best CS by far in our opinion. Wish we had breakfast there, but it was hard enough just making park opening on non emh days.

I can't vouch for the food at the values, as we haven't stayed at one in quite a few years. However, other than a few of the deserts that come with CS meals in the parks, we really enjoyed our food. I tend to make a little bit more complex meals some nights at home, but for what we saved(we had the free QSDP pin for our trip) on food, even if we wasted a few meals (wasted 1), we still made out over the best room discount for 6/30 through 7/12. We probably wouldn't have ordered so many deserts out of pocket, but it was sure nice to not worry about what we were spending on food. Would I have bought the QSDP? I really am not sure, as my brain is still in vacation mode. Sure glad to have the treats we brought home to ease back into reality!

Thanks, NEV2OLD4DIS...great post! We are trying the QSDP for the first time in December. Unfortunately, it is only for 3 nights/4days so your post really helped.

only tier 1 and 2 desserts from Pepper Market.

Recent reports are that this has been discontinued and you can get any dessert. They've cut their menu back in other ways though (by taking things off the menu, not by having DDP restrictions)

To ccgirl: Glad you enjoyed my post. We are from central MA and planning our next trip this summer. Guess where? Just happens to be Cape Cod! Hope the water is warming up! One of the first topics I heard on the news the morning after our return was the sharks feeding off the seals near the National Seashore once again this year! Love it there, but the water is soo cold that we tend to stay mid-cape. Enjoy planning for WDW! I miss it!

To ccgirl: Glad you enjoyed my post. We are from central MA and planning our next trip this summer. Guess where? Just happens to be Cape Cod! Hope the water is warming up! One of the first topics I heard on the news the morning after our return was the sharks feeding off the seals near the National Seashore once again this year! Love it there, but the water is soo cold that we tend to stay mid-cape. Enjoy planning for WDW! I miss it!

Small world! We go to the beach just about every weekend. My kids have been in the water a lot this year - much more than other years. It will be nice and warm for you. :goodvibes We just got back from Disney in May and are going again in December. Can't wait to try the QSDP for the first time. We have done the regular one a couple of times and find the TS ties us to a schedule too much.

It's been nice just coming home to a warm pool this summer! Usually we visit WDW or the beach at Siesta Key, FL each summer, but our pool usually seems cold after our trip.

I had relatives that lived in Yarmouthport for the 1st 18 years of my life, so we always visited to go to Smuggler's Beach (not sure if this is the correct name though) or Seagull Beach. These still are standards for us, but we love taking trips up the coast to other beaches too. Love to see the more natural Cape.

Speaking of a small world. Our 1st time guest got off the ride and he says "I don't get it." His comment really cracked us up! I'm so jealous that you are going 2X in a year. After 13 days I was getting a little tired of rides, but once I saw the Magical Express bus I had to hold back the tears! Finally coming around today and facing the reality of housework! We did not upgrade from our free QSDP pin to DDP for the same reason of not wanting to be tied down. I actually cancelled a reservation at Ohana and the CM thought I was nuts. He told us it was the hardest one to get. Do the parks close earlier in December allowing for more down time to go out for sit down meals? I guess then you'd have to schedule around those hours, or go to the resort restaurants. Even if it is cool some kids just love to spend time at the pool.

It's been nice just coming home to a warm pool this summer! Usually we visit WDW or the beach at Siesta Key, FL each summer, but our pool usually seems cold after our trip.

I had relatives that lived in Yarmouthport for the 1st 18 years of my life, so we always visited to go to Smuggler's Beach (not sure if this is the correct name though) or Seagull Beach. These still are standards for us, but we love taking trips up the coast to other beaches too. Love to see the more natural Cape.

Speaking of a small world. Our 1st time guest got off the ride and he says "I don't get it." His comment really cracked us up! I'm so jealous that you are going 2X in a year. After 13 days I was getting a little tired of rides, but once I saw the Magical Express bus I had to hold back the tears! Finally coming around today and facing the reality of housework! We did not upgrade from our free QSDP pin to DDP for the same reason of not wanting to be tied down. I actually cancelled a reservation at Ohana and the CM thought I was nuts. He told us it was the hardest one to get. Do the parks close earlier in December allowing for more down time to go out for sit down meals? I guess then you'd have to schedule around those hours, or go to the resort restaurants. Even if it is cool some kids just love to spend time at the pool.

WE're getting a lot of use out of our pool too. I though the Dec hours would be shorter than they are. The hours are still great and there are a ton of things to do..visiting the resorts for decorations, Osborne lights, MVMCP etc. I am thinking we might try some of the CS at other resorts while we're looking at the lights. I'm only bummed we are staying on sight for just 3 nights then off site.

Thanks for the post NEV2OLD4DIS
It is very helpful.:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter