QSDP-Is this a good idea?

Bilierka

Mouseketeer
Will be going this October. Myself, husband, daughter, SIL, and 4 year old granddaughter, We are footing the bill for everyone. SIL and GD will be first visit.

Hoping for discount on room, we have never done dining plan before. Does the QS make sense??Is it a good value for the money? I will pay OOP for lunch at the Crystal Palace. Other then that, we would rather spent time doing rides/shows that expensive meals.

Are there enough choices on the QS plan? Other then the four year old, the rest of us are not very fussy.Looking at menu prices, I think we would spend more then the cost of the plan if I paid OOP.

Since we are footing the entire bill, I am trying to get the best bang for my buck!

Depends. Are you going to eat at quick service restuarants anyway? Would you generally order dessert and a beverage other than water with every meal? Will the child eat what is on the children's menus? Does it make a difference when you factor in the 2 snacks a night and the included refillable mug?

We found it to be a great value for most of our party. For me, not so much but I have to say that the convenience of it made it great.

We were able to use a snack credit every morning for a bagel or muffin as our breakfast. We would then get fruit for our dessert at either lunch or dinner and eat that as part of our breakfast.

Because of the way we did things, we had pretty much no other OOP expenses for food, other than for a case of water I bought and some frozen drinks that were not covered. I think it totaled $20.00 extra.

We have decided to try our trip next summer without it, as I just don't eat that way, but now my DD18 may be coming with a few friends and in the end, it might be a good idea for them so that we stay on "budget". And, for them, I think they will get their money's worth out of it.

We normally do the DXDP this coming sept 2011 we will be trying the QSP we have always planned everything because we travel with 10-12 people this year it will only be my family of 4 for the first time...I;m so excited!! We are looking forward to doing Disney at our own pace with no certain ressies to dictate our day. As Nala said it is your preference and what works for you!! Good luck deciding and have a great vaca!!

We really enjoyed the qsdp. It gave us more time to do rides, shows and characters which for when we went at Christmas was especially important. It was also so convenient as we ate where we wanted when we wanted. Our touring plan wasn't ruled by ADR's which is what I feel like it is when on regular DDP. We did pay oop for HDDR but the rest was cs. Honestly we were impressed by how much variety is on the menus of Disney cs. I only ate one burger the whole week and that was by choice. Our kids enjoyed it a bunch too, they do not like to dine at a sit-down everyday. Plus it made my load easier in the parks as normally I would carry some snacks in my backpack but not with this plan it was wonderful just swiping out card for whenever anybody got hungry and neeeded a snack.

We really enjoyed the qsdp. It gave us more time to do rides, shows and characters which for when we went at Christmas was especially important. It was also so convenient as we ate where we wanted when we wanted. Our touring plan wasn't ruled by ADR's which is what I feel like it is when on regular DDP. We did pay oop for HDDR but the rest was cs. Honestly we were impressed by how much variety is on the menus of Disney cs. I only ate one burger the whole week and that was by choice. Our kids enjoyed it a bunch too, they do not like to dine at a sit-down everyday. Plus it made my load easier in the parks as normally I would carry some snacks in my backpack but not with this plan it was wonderful just swiping out card for whenever anybody got hungry and neeeded a snack.

This is EXACTLY why we scrapped our ADR's for this trip! It's going to be SOOOOO hot 1st week in Aug that we decided to do the parks ONLY at night. That being said, we didn't want to waste 2 hours of our park time doing dinner every night. It totally gives us more freedom PLUS the portions on those QS meals are very big. We'll have MORE than enough food!:thumbsup2

I love it. While we enjoy one or two TS meals a trip, with my son it just works better not to be tied to specific times/places to be, so the QSDP works better than the standard. It's also nice knowing that he can pretty much get what he wants and I don't have to worry about the cost. For example, I'm too cheap to pay OOP for the OJ and Powerade and other over-priced stuff like that at the food courts. But with QSDP he can have it. For us, the QSDP gives us the most flexibility and allows me not to worry about food costs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter