QS Dining Plan and Kids

Bon1423

Mouseketeer
I just scheduled a last minute trip for the 6 of us staying at Portofino in 9 days! While I was checking out I added the QSDP on a whim. Now I’m worried because my 9 year old is a big eater and worried that he won’t like the kids meals. Are the credits specific for kids vs adults? Or is a credit a credit?

I just scheduled a last minute trip for the 6 of us staying at Portofino in 9 days! While I was checking out I added the QSDP on a whim. Now I’m worried because my 9 year old is a big eater and worried that he won’t like the kids meals. Are the credits specific for kids vs adults? Or is a credit a credit?
Credits are specific to kids and adults. The snacks are interchangeable, so he can get the regular Butterbeer or whatever he wants as a snack, but meals are off the kids menu (which often isn’t listed anywhere so you have to ask).

Now, there’s no rule that says the kid has to eat the kid meal, so there could be sometimes when an adult orders off the kid menu. You also don’t have to order the same number of adult and kid meals each time. You could have several people use kid meals at a time when you’re not particularly hungry or on a day when your other meal will be larger. Then you can use a remaining adult credit to order off the adult menu for your son at a different time.

Tha is so much! I have a feeling I’ll be eating some kids meals lol, can’t deal with a hungry growing boy!

Note, if there isn't a kids meal, a kids QS plan can be used for an adult meal. You can't judge by the online menu whether or not a place has a kids meal because they often have them but don't show them online. The seafood place in Simpsons area and Volcano Bay are two that didn't have kids meals.

Note, you might be able to upgrade them to an adult plan before you get the cards.

Remember that the beverage and snack credits are grouped together. So *don't* get beverages with the credits. Get butterbeer or ice cream or the Big Pink with the snack credits.

Also, remember that you can buy a QS plan at the same cash register where you will be using it. So if you are thinking you might want to pre-buy more - don't.

A QS Plan is particularly good for a growing boy. With the entree credit you can buy the combo meals that include a bonus item like a shake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter