Put your child on your lap.....

Whoever gets on the bus first gets the seats. Sometimes we have to stand, sometimes we get to sit. I don't judge anyone that wants their seat when they were in front of me on line. If I can walk through a theme park for 8 hours, I can stand for another 20 minutes on the bus and not give little kids the stink eye for sitting down. Chances are that poor kid will go flying when the bus turns corners or stops anyway.

Haven't read all the issues but just want to say, great post. :thumbsup2

After one trip with busses...we always rent a car. That way we are always guaranteed a seat.

I WHOLE-HEARTEDLY agree with you!!!:thumbsup2

That being said...after years on these boards watching these threads (and the comments that AMAZE me) it quickly became apparent to me that "good manners" aren't nearly as prevalent as one would think. :rolleyes1

Tell me about it! When I was young I was always taught never to judge someone until I'd walked a mile in their shoes. It would certainly appear that that has gone out the window.

In a perfect world everyone would offer their seat to anyone who was less capable of standing. And I guess all disabilities and physical difficulties would be obvious so that we could accurately judge who gets to sit and who has to stand. Until that happens, the world will be a much better place if we spend less time judging and more time being proactive about our own needs. To expect the world to revolve around you and complain when it doesn't is the height of rudeness.

Tell me about it! When I was young I was always taught never to judge someone until I'd walked a mile in their shoes. It would certainly appear that that has gone out the window.

In a perfect world everyone would offer their seat to anyone who was less capable of standing. And I guess all disabilities and physical difficulties would be obvious so that we could accurately judge who gets to sit and who has to stand. Until that happens, the world will be a much better place if we spend less time judging and more time being proactive about our own needs. To expect the world to revolve around you and complain when it doesn't is the height of rudeness.

:thumbsup2

Plus, if we went by what some previous poster had posted, I guess only women and children would be sitting???

We either stood or sat, depending on how much room there was. We had 2 adults and 3 kids and a double stroller so even with 1 kid on a lap, 2 were going to sit down if there was room.

Kids get hot, tired, grumpy etc just as adults do.

I did tell my oldest once that if the bus was too crowded, we were going to wait for the next one. My legs were killing me and she said her legs hurt too.

Sitting, standing...it's all the same to me. However, I hate it when I have somebody's armpit or butt in my face after a long day at the parks...

As a PP said my only peeve is when people take up seats with their bags, then the glare does come out;).DH & I have used some form of public transit to go to school/work for a good part of the last 30+:scared1: years so Disney buses aren't much of an issue. I personally wouldn't expect a young child to give up a seat for me.We have in fact gotten up and stood so a family with children can all have a seat.

I am one who will stand so a child can sit . I figure I am more stable on a moving bus then a child . With that being said I remember being with friends on a bus and begging a grown man to stand so my friend and her 7 mo old baby could sit . He said " Nope I am tired and I am sitting" I then watched EVERYONE within ear shot GLARE at him till he got up and moved to stand at the front of the bus .

I always get up for the elderly , a mommy with a small child . Now I am not getting up for a 14 yr old to have a seat cause I aint no spring chicken LOL

Yep, I notice that EVERYONE within ear shot GLARED at the man, but NOT ONE of those glarers got up to offer the woman THEIR seats. Somehow it's always the orginal target of rude behavior who turns out to be the bad guy. :rolleyes2

Jim

I didn't read all the posts. However, my ds is 4 and autistic he "wants" his own seat. We will wait for another bus if it means he has to stand. He has been like this since he was 1, so you never know the situation
Fairy Tale
(Father, wearing tank top so his well muscled arms and shoulders are visible) "One more seat, it's yours."
His 4yo jumps onto the seat, next to a prim well dressed lady.
(Voice from nearby) "That lady should be ashamed of herself letting her kid take up a seat someone else could have."
(Father, standing nearby, picks up his kid, sits down, and holds his kid on his lap) "Sorry, son, the people on the bus don't like it unless you share the seat with someone."

(The picture below is of a bus, correction, a streetcar with very few seats. It can hold many more people standing compared with seated.)
seats.jpg
.)

I have one for ya! Last week I was on one of the Disney buses. There were two woman sitting in the middle of the back row (4 or 5 seats there). They took up the other seats with their bags. There were about 8 people standing on the lower floor in the front part. I was sitting near the two women and could hear them talking about how they couldn't understand why people would want to stand on a bus when they have seats next to them. They must just like to stand.

I wanted to shout, maybe it's because you have your effing bags in the seat and your butts in the middle!
People are just crazy. I'm sure someone will come along and debate about how they waited for the next bus so their bags wouldn't have to touch the floor. ;)

Personally when the bus is full and I have to stand with my children, I have them sit on the floor of the bus. That way I feel they are safe from falling. That also makes any seat that becomes available open for some one who really needs it, like the elderly.

I have one for ya! Last week I was on one of the Disney buses. There were two woman sitting in the middle of the back row (4 or 5 seats there). They took up the other seats with their bags. There were about 8 people standing on the lower floor in the front part. I was sitting near the two women and could hear them talking about how they couldn't understand why people would want to stand on a bus when they have seats next to them. They must just like to stand.

I wanted to shout, maybe it's because you have your effing bags in the seat and your butts in the middle!
People are just crazy. I'm sure someone will come along and debate about how they waited for the next bus so their bags wouldn't have to touch the floor. ;)

Did anyone ask them to move their bags? (not that they shouldn't have known to do it) I wouldn't dream of asking a person to get up BUT I sure will ask someone to pick up a bag!!!

Did anyone ask them to move their bags? (not that they shouldn't have known to do it) I wouldn't dream of asking a person to get up BUT I sure will ask someone to pick up a bag!!!

Nope. I considered it but I was already sitting and figured it wasn't my place to speak up for everyone else. My DH was standing but wouldn't have sat next to them anyway since others were standing.

It was definitely something I've never seen before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter