Purple potion Minnie ears?

GoldeneyezCA

Mouseketeer
Hello all, we missed a chance to grab the purple Minnie ears last week because I hadn’t seen the announcement that they had been released early at DL. We won’t be back home in SoCal until next week, and I can’t find them on Shop Disney even though they were officially released today.

Does anyone know how long it takes for new ears to appear on the app, since we can’t order by phone from World of Disney anymore? Any comments on current availability? I’d like to buy them before they sell out and avoid the eBay resellers.

They had a lot throughout the parks on Sunday. I got mine at the Emporium on Main Street. They were behind the register. I also saw a lot at the entrance of DCA to the left. I hope for everyone's sake they are able to get them before the resellers! They are such pretty ears! I might go again this Sunday, and if I remember to look, will report back here.

Good to hear! Thank you! I'll keep an eye on the app and stop by next week if I can't order them online.

I think the holiday season has proven to be tough competition for those purple ears. They are for sale everywhere, and I only saw a few people wearing them.

My daughter loves purple, which is why I want them. And I’m happy to hear that they’re so readily available. But honestly, I think that the whole “purple potion” theme would have done better during Halloweentime.

Crossing my fingers they are still available Saturday when we arrive. I want them so bad I can’t see straight....oh an yes I am five years old thank you!:rotfl:

Was there on Christmas and as everyone has said they were everywhere. We saw them in a bunch of different stores. I bought mine on Friday in DTD and saw them in a couple places there too. It seems like they are pretty plentiful.

Do these sorts of ears normally sell out quickly?

I'm over in Mid February and would love to buy a pair - Are they likely to be around in 6 weeks time?

If not, I'll see if a USA Based friend can purchase a pair for me and hang onto them but would rather save her the trouble if I can

I'm over in Mid February and would love to buy a pair - Are they likely to be around in 6 weeks time?

If not, I'll see if a USA Based friend can purchase a pair for me and hang onto them but would rather save her the trouble if I can
It's tough to say. When the rose gold ears came out, everyone went nuts for them and they were very hard to find. Then the millenial pink ears came out and they were predicted to be the next hot color but I don't think they ever reached the popularity of rose gold.

So far they are not as popular as the Rose Gold ears, but I noticed that they have significantly more stock. Another thing to potentially factor in is that these ears were released right before the big block out period. So there are some people who haven't been to the parks yet do try and get them (including those resellers :guilty:). Hopefully someone can chime in after the block outs and keep an eye on the stock. I don't think I'll make it back to the parks until MLK day.

I’m here now and they are plentiful. But all the AP except the highest level are still blocked out until this Sunday, I believe. So then it might be a different story.

So now Purple Potion has taken over the parks! There’s are purple potion spirit jerseys, ears, backpacks, wallets, shirts, and food items!!

I know they want to sell stuff and of course these promotions likely move a lot of product but when I think Disney the colors purple and rose gold are likely the last two things that come to mind. :upsidedow

Is it based on something though - "Purple Potion" - is this a reference to something in a movie or story? Just curious where they come up with this stuff. I like the purple better than the rose gold I must say!

I know they want to sell stuff and of course these promotions likely move a lot of product but when I think Disney the colors purple and rose gold are likely the last two things that come to mind. :upsidedow
When i was there during Christmas they were in every shop but i didn't see many people wearing them. They are not something would buy either. DD didn't care for them either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!