Purple entry light?

act1980

DIS Veteran
I've heard that as DVC the park entry light will flash purple? Will this just happen automatically or is there something we need to do?

Thanks!

It's automatic but doesn't always work. Our first trip this year it worked at every entrance but our last one it didn't happen at all.

This is a guess based on observation, not an intimate awareness of the MagicBand touchpoints. We have 45th anniversary Magic Kingdom MagicBands. My Haunted Mansion band should glow green and purple and make the sound of the doorbell. My Mom has Dumbo the Flying Elephant and it should be a rainbow and play Casey Jr's Comin' Down the Track. Whenever the lines at the gate or attractions have been long, there is no effect. I have assumed that people wait to see the glow and hear the sound and, when necessary, the effects are turned off to expedite the lines.

I have many Limited edition Magic Bands and I recently became a DVC member but I have never gotten the purple light. I have been told by a cast member that any special sounds or lights will happen at random to create a "magical moment". My enchanted tiki room MB has only done the sound once and that was on a fastpass.

My magic band went purple only at Magic Kingdom. My wife is co-listed on the deed and hers did not. FWIW.

Mine went purple, as did my friend's. She is not DVC, but is on my MDE.

Someone asked her about it and she had no idea why it happened. The CM reminded her that it was because she was DVC. My friend smiled and nodded and moved along.

On our last trip in November we stayed off site but own at SSR. We would get it randomly.some days it would and some it wouldn't. I never figured out the method but it might make sense to turn features off during peak times.

Its not the worst thing in the world when you haven't told your family you bought DVC :teeth:.
For now playing it off as if we're using a rental agency. Just don't feel like listening to them gawk about how or why we bought in, how much $, etc. We've got a few nosey, gossipy family members. Its none of their business! (Only in our late 20's)

Its not the worst thing in the world when you haven't told your family you bought DVC :teeth:.
For now playing it off as if we're using a rental agency. Just don't feel like listening to them gawk about how or why we bought in, how much $, etc. We've got a few nosey, gossipy family members. Its none of their business! (Only in our late 20's)

I know the feeling! It's just jealousy as far as I can see :sad2:

Both my hubs and I are on the deed and both have DVC linked on our MDE accounts. Last time at every park entry, his would turned purple but mine did not and I do all the planning!

I was there the first week of December, had my free resort band and my DVC promo PAP, only got green.

First week in December I got the purple light about one third of the time and the usual green the rest of the time. My parents who are also on the DVC deed never got purple at all. Seemed totally random.

I got purple once on our Christmas trip. I believe that it was at either EPCOT or HS. Surprised me as I didn't know about the DVC color. DH has the EPCOT 35th Anniversary Figment magic band as his lights up a variety of colors at EPCOT, so this was a nice treat for me.

facebook twitter