Purchasing soon

gretabull

Mouseketeer
Hi! I am seriously considering buying into resale DVC. I was just wondering if the prices are negotiable? Is there somewhere I can see what certain hotel contracts have sold for? Would offering a couple of dollars less be worth it or is it better to go with a full price offer. I'm looking at a 200 point contract that only has 2022 points available. Thanks!

You can offer less than the seller is asking for, but there is no guarantee. Looking for a sale that has been posted for a long time is your best chance to negotiate.

Yes they are very negotiable! Of course, it depends on the seller, and if you read through some of the others threads in this forum you will hear of stories where brokers try to get buyers to pay top dollar, but if you are patient, and know what comparable contracts are worth, you will find what you are looking for at the price you want.

Check out the ROFR and closing time threads to see what people have been paying for resale.

Hi! I am seriously considering buying into resale DVC. I was just wondering if the prices are negotiable? Is there somewhere I can see what certain hotel contracts have sold for? Would offering a couple of dollars less be worth it or is it better to go with a full price offer. I'm looking at a 200 point contract that only has 2022 points available. Thanks!
Yes, prices are negotiable. Some seller negotiate, some don't. If you want to see what others are paying and to get an idea what is a fair price, look at post #3 on page 1 of this thread for the PASSED:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...ost-for-instructions-formatting-tool.3843478/

@rubybutt can you summarize what made you decide not to by resale right now?
I needed a 1st week of January reservation. The only thing available point wise was Saratoga and I didn't want to stay there. Cash price at one of the deluxe resorts is expensive. If I buy RIV before end of July I still get the full 2020 points. Also since it will be my first purchase, DVC will reserve me the room I am looking for with my 2020 points. The price per point at RIV at the level I will be buying is $183. If you subtract the $15 pp that I would have paid to rent the points (actually would have been closer to $17 would be my guess) if the rental was available gets me down to $168 pp. That price comes with full 2021 points and the rental. Looking at the resales at the resorts I would consider it makes absolutely no sense not to go direct. I understand the RIV resale restrictions, but for the actual time I own the contract I have MORE benefits than if I bought a resale contract.

tldr: 1) needed room availability
2) no significant savings direct vs resale after points are taken into account
3) cherry on top is blue card

I bought resale and direct in the last 4 months. In that time I got boardwalk at $137/point, they listed at $145, so was able to negotiate down a little. I was not the most patient, i noticed on allot of threads people were getting BW allot cheaper, mine was slighly loaded contract, but i couldnt get them down more and went for it.

Then tried to get Bay Lake on resale, they listed at $183/point, they would not go down, made multuple offers up to $169, no go, agent said they would not budge even though other contracts were listed for less and loaded contracts, was going to offer a little more but agent said they probably wouldnt go lower then $181, They claimed the use year was more valuable, it was April use year, my boardwalk contract was April so didnt want two different user years. So Bay Lake they would not go down.

So then i went for Saratoga, $123/point, not a loaded contract, I think it was listed a little over $130, they went down and accepted $123, funny thing i thought i was over paying a little as it was partially stripped contract, latest ROFR was $118, Well Disney took it in ROFR, bummer.

So i somehow justified buyig Bay Lake direct as my wife really wanted Bay Lake and i wanted the Blue Card

Just FYI, Direct is so much easier and quicker, Direct got points within 2 hours of down payment, Resale, took 3 1/2 months before i got my points.

If Blue Card interests you definilty compare the numbers as certain contracts are close to Direct Pricing more then ever before. Plus depending on your use year you might get 2020 points like Ruby got, i only got 2021 points because of the April use year, but i got prorated dues. I also took into account i could use Credit Card to pay for part of it, cant do that on resale, Put over $20k on the credit card and got some rewards. Obviously dont due that unless you can pay right away.

I bought resale and direct in the last 4 months. In that time I got boardwalk at $137/point, they listed at $145, so was able to negotiate down a little. I was not the most patient, i noticed on allot of threads people were getting BW allot cheaper, mine was slighly loaded contract, but i couldnt get them down more and went for it.

Then tried to get Bay Lake on resale, they listed at $183/point, they would not go down, made multuple offers up to $169, no go, agent said they would not budge even though other contracts were listed for less and loaded contracts, was going to offer a little more but agent said they probably wouldnt go lower then $181, They claimed the use year was more valuable, it was April use year, my boardwalk contract was April so didnt want two different user years. So Bay Lake they would not go down.

So then i went for Saratoga, $123/point, not a loaded contract, I think it was listed a little over $130, they went down and accepted $123, funny thing i thought i was over paying a little as it was partially stripped contract, latest ROFR was $118, Well Disney took it in ROFR, bummer.

So i somehow justified buyig Bay Lake direct as my wife really wanted Bay Lake and i wanted the Blue Card

Just FYI, Direct is so much easier and quicker, Direct got points within 2 hours of down payment, Resale, took 3 1/2 months before i got my points.

If Blue Card interests you definilty compare the numbers as certain contracts are close to Direct Pricing more then ever before. Plus depending on your use year you might get 2020 points like Ruby got, i only got 2021 points because of the April use year, but i got prorated dues. I also took into account i could use Credit Card to pay for part of it, cant do that on resale, Put over $20k on the credit card and got some rewards. Obviously dont due that unless you can pay right away.
I forgot to add that I am going to get prorated 2021 points also. So I will pay 1/3 MF for them.

Gretabull check DMs

You can put into Google - DVC Resale

it will come up with a number of brokers. So make Sure you have done your homework as prices vary

My offer was accepted!!!!
Is there a thread somewhere where I can find more information about DVC, like how to navigate the Member website, how I can purchase tickets to the parks only, etc?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter