Pull down beds - can I remove the mattress?

DisneyFave

Mouseketeer
My son sleeps on a toddler mattress on the floor and is too big for a crib. Anyone know if I will be able to remove the pull down bed mattress from the bed itself and place it on the floor? If not, would the bed rails work on the pull down bed or the sofa bed? Thank you :):) PS we are staying Poly DVC - standard studio if that matters

Last edited:
THIS is interesting :). Being a "pull down", I would GUESS that something is keeping the mattress from going "thataway" as the bed is folded UP?

Gota be a strap, or SCREWS. The only way to really find out is to CONTACT the Poly. Were it me? I would contact DVC Guest Services, and ask THEM to determine the answer. DVC Guest Services can be an absolute BULLDOG in getting the answers you need for DVC properties :).

The pull down bed didn't seem to be that far off the ground. It was probably about the standard height of a toddler bed. I do think you can put bedrails on it, but it wasn't something we needed so I didn't check. He might be fine and very excited to sleep in a "big boy" bed at Disney.

THIS is interesting :). Being a "pull down", I would GUESS that something is keeping the mattress from going "thataway" as the bed is folded UP?

Gota be a strap, or SCREWS. The only way to really find out is to CONTACT the Poly. Were it me? I would contact DVC Guest Services, and ask THEM to determine the answer. DVC Guest Services can be an absolute BULLDOG in getting the answers you need for DVC properties :).
You are a DVC Member and can contact DVC Guest Services. Non members can not. Misleading advice

My son sleeps on a toddler mattress on the floor and is too big for a crib. Anyone know if I will be able to remove the pull down bed mattress from the bed itself and place it on the floor? If not, would the bed rails work on the pull down bed or the sofa bed? Thank you :):) PS we are staying Poly DVC - standard studio if that matters

I was wondering the same thing. We will have an 18 month old next year and plan to stay at BRV. I asked the mom's panel on Disney's website if the pull down would fit the bed rail or if the mattress could be pulled off. Haven't heard back yet.

Yes it can be removed (or rather I should say it could a few years ago when I checked). It was held to the base by straps that could be undone and it could be removed

Thank you!!! This is helpful.

We actually ended up booking a dedicated two bedroom. We will most likely be in the 2 queen bed room, and each of is going to take a kid, and the bed with the toddler will either have a bed rail or pool noodle. Or we may still rent a toddler bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter