Pull down beds - can I remove the mattress?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DisneyFave, Aug 10, 2018.

1. DisneyFave

DisneyFave Mouseketeer

My son sleeps on a toddler mattress on the floor and is too big for a crib. Anyone know if I will be able to remove the pull down bed mattress from the bed itself and place it on the floor? If not, would the bed rails work on the pull down bed or the sofa bed? Thank you :):) PS we are staying Poly DVC - standard studio if that matters

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  2. Dean Marino

Dean Marino DIS Veteran

THIS is interesting :). Being a "pull down", I would GUESS that something is keeping the mattress from going "thataway" as the bed is folded UP?

Gota be a strap, or SCREWS. The only way to really find out is to CONTACT the Poly. Were it me? I would contact DVC Guest Services, and ask THEM to determine the answer. DVC Guest Services can be an absolute BULLDOG in getting the answers you need for DVC properties :).

DisneyFave likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Family B

Family B Earning My Ears

The pull down bed didn't seem to be that far off the ground. It was probably about the standard height of a toddler bed. I do think you can put bedrails on it, but it wasn't something we needed so I didn't check. He might be fine and very excited to sleep in a "big boy" bed at Disney.

bumbershoot and DisneyFave like this.
  5. DisneyFave

DisneyFave Mouseketeer

Great ideas! Thank you both!!

6. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

You are a DVC Member and can contact DVC Guest Services. Non members can not. Misleading advice

7. danikoski

danikoski DIS Veteran

I was wondering the same thing. We will have an 18 month old next year and plan to stay at BRV. I asked the mom's panel on Disney's website if the pull down would fit the bed rail or if the mattress could be pulled off. Haven't heard back yet.

DisneyFave likes this.
  8. CMNJ

CMNJ DIS Veteran

Yes it can be removed (or rather I should say it could a few years ago when I checked). It was held to the base by straps that could be undone and it could be removed

DisneyFave and Dean Marino like this.
  9. danikoski

danikoski DIS Veteran

DisneyFave and Dean Marino like this.
  10. DisneyFave

DisneyFave Mouseketeer

11. danikoski

danikoski DIS Veteran

We actually ended up booking a dedicated two bedroom. We will most likely be in the 2 queen bed room, and each of is going to take a kid, and the bed with the toddler will either have a bed rail or pool noodle. Or we may still rent a toddler bed.

trishadono likes this.