Publix Recommendations

Twitterpaited

Mouseketeer
My family is staying at a timeshare at Orange Lake in about a year. We plan to pick up some groceries at Publix. Any recommendations about any special foods to get from Publix?

Their pre made sandwiches are good. They also carry boars head Sandwiches... on whole what bread. Their fruit bowls are good. No coupons needed which I like. They sell everything including things you may have forgotten. 👍

The Keylime Pie is excellent. In addition to the subs and chicken, they have a large selection of deli items to make sandwiches.

Publix can be sneaky expensive, so check out what is on sale ahead of time. I usually look at iheartpublix.com to see what is on BOGO.

If you want to save even more, check if there is an Aldi where you are staying.

They have the best subs to be found any where. They do not skip on the veggies. It’s a hearty sub.

Okay here we go...

Publix subs are the best - our go to's - DH gets the Ultimate, and I love the chicken tender wrap... as well the Deli has boar's head deli meat you can pick up in the deli, or have sliced fresh... the bakery will have any type of subs roll you might want..

We love the rotisserie chicken mojo is our favorite, Grandkids love the fried chicken, and you can get just legs and thighs which is what mine always want... tip if you are going to need a couple of rotisserie chicken or a quantity of fried chicken... order ahead of time, the day before... I'm a local and if I know we are going to have either than I order the day before...

Bakery - key lime pie as other have stated, cheese cake, carrot cake -they do have nuts and coconut in the carrot cake just in case this is a issue for you... We really like the angel food cake it's seasonal, and really good... and the sticky buns OMG... soooooo good... my grandson loves their chocolate muffins...

In the deli case's, there is a ton of options for you to pick up for quick meals. Everything from pre-made sandwiches, to packaged or already prepared salad.... as well as pre-made veggie trays...

Yogurt parfait, with fresh fruit and granola can be found over in the produce cases, along with fruit bowls, from single serving to family size

Over in the meat and seafood area, they offer meals to go, where you just heat and eat kinda thing... plus a nice selection in the meat cases

Some of the Publix stores offer olive bars, as well as salad bars and hot food meals... (They have someone to serve you during this time.)..

Sushi... really nice options...

Publix Ice cream is really good...

My local Publix has a coffee bar... as well as a wine station, were you can chill a bottle of wine quickly...

We love the deli and bakery at Publix. Most of the stores around Disney have lots of prepared meal options (take & heat sort of things). The prepared salads and sandwiches are also yummy! I buy Boar's Head lunch meat, bakery bread, veggies/dip, fruit, prepared salads (potatoe/macaroni) and snacks for our trips. I also grab a box of bagels at Panera for breakfast. They also have rotisserie chicken or BBQ meals that come with sides/bread. The bakery has super yummy cakes, pies, and cookies too!

DH is reminding me that they have a really nice cheese selection. I love getting noshy stuff to have while we're vacationing!

This thread is making me yearn for a Publix visit!

No coupons needed which I like.

You can create an account at publix.com (which also has the week's ad, so you don't need a third-party site) for digital coupons. They don't have as many as they did pre-pandemic, but sometimes they are for items I buy.

We lived two blocks from our local Publix when we lived in FL, so they were always our go-to spot. A few recommendations:

1. Subs. This point has already been drilled home above.
2. Key Lime Pie. I just told my wife about this thread and she said "I want a key lime pie." She's our native Floridian, so this probably speaks for itself.
3. Ice Cream! The house flavors are all very good, especially the rotating seasonal flavors. We just took a COVID-friendly trip (beach house in NC where we drove and never came within about 20 feet of another person the whole time), and one of the items that we had delivered was a tub of the Publix Mint Moose Tracks ice cream. It was great. BUT the star of the show was the banana pudding ice cream. I strongly suggest that you get at least a gallon of that. I also strongly suggest that you prepare to have an entire day of your vacation devoted to feeling sick from having eaten too much banana pudding ice cream.

We lived two blocks from our local Publix when we lived in FL, so they were always our go-to spot. A few recommendations:

1. Subs. This point has already been drilled home above.
2. Key Lime Pie. I just told my wife about this thread and she said "I want a key lime pie." She's our native Floridian, so this probably speaks for itself.
3. Ice Cream! The house flavors are all very good, especially the rotating seasonal flavors. We just took a COVID-friendly trip (beach house in NC where we drove and never came within about 20 feet of another person the whole time), and one of the items that we had delivered was a tub of the Publix Mint Moose Tracks ice cream. It was great. BUT the star of the show was the banana pudding ice cream. I strongly suggest that you get at least a gallon of that. I also strongly suggest that you prepare to have an entire day of your vacation devoted to feeling sick from having eaten too much banana pudding ice cream.
That Banana pudding ice cream sounds delicious. Is it a good dupe for people who are missing the banana soft serve on DCL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter