PTR Oct 2010 - An Aussie returns: Back home and TR started (11/02)

Well good luck not nagging your DH into booking soon :lmao:
Booking non refundable flights really gives it the 'YOU ARE GOING' feel :wave:

Getting very jealous of all the Halloween and F&W planning.
Love food...as I'm sure you have worked out...

I'm 5'9" ;) so could go for 'higher' aspirations :lmao:
I will say though it is a NIGHTMARE getting a photo with minnie...she is rather...errr...vertically challenged?

I await more updates popcorn::

Hey there Sharon! I can't believe that I missed you starting this PTR! Thanks to your handy links though I'm all caught up - sounds like your "maybe" trip turned into a "definitely" trip, congrats!

As for dressing up for MNSSHP, just do what you are most comfortable with. I took Jared to one, he dressed as Captain Jack and I just wore a POTC t-shirt. There were lots of kids in costume and some adults, but there were more adults there like me in just a shirt that fit the theme of the night.

:welcome: over to the PTR (not)! :thumbsup2
Yes, I think I will be going comfortable.

:wave:

Hi Sharon!

I finally decided to come over here. Since your TR seems to be almost over I figured I better jump over to your PTR! You certainly do plan!

I could have a paper sack for my park bag (if it was comfortable)

I'm 5'3":rolleyes1

:wave: Looks like we can stand up and eyeball each other. :)

I think you mean that I certainly do (not) plan! I'm really aiming for a (not) PTR this time :confused3.

I don't really have any well laid out plans per se:scared1: Really just my ADR's which I will work around where to go from there....
23rd Jiko
24 Brown Derby dinner
25 Le Cellier late lunch
27 Bistro

I left the 26 and 28 open because I don't know which of those days I want to do MNSSHP :confused3

Will you be on your own mostly during the days? We will definitely have to make plans to meet up again when it gets closer :goodvibes

Oh and yes floating was a good term for how I felt after leaving the Cave. It was like a shock to go back above ground and join the masses. We went back to the hotel and the pool because I needed to detox!! :rotfl:

Tracy

Hi Tracy. I'm going to be mostly on my own and am hooking up with DisneyFirefly and LuvChefMic for at least 2 dinners. DisneyFirefly will be by herself so we may well (not) travel round the parks together. Depending on LuvChefMic's schedule, she may or may NOT have time to spend with me/us during the day. :rolleyes:

Firefly and I are playing it "by ear". We get on fine on the DisBoard....but face to face is another thing. If nothing else and for a fallback plan, we may both need to get smart phones with wireless access so that we can communicate via the DisBoard whilst walking side by side with each other...:sad2:

I'd love to spend a bit of time with you as well. You mentioned that you were meeting up with some friends? We can try to make some time to connect up for another drink somewhere....preferably one that I can get no or low alcoholic content :laughing:.

Well good luck not nagging your DH into booking soon :lmao:
Booking non refundable flights really gives it the 'YOU ARE GOING' feel :wave:

Getting very jealous of all the Halloween and F&W planning.
Love food...as I'm sure you have worked out...

I'm 5'9" ;) so could go for 'higher' aspirations :lmao:
I will say though it is a NIGHTMARE getting a photo with minnie...she is rather...errr...vertically challenged?

I await more updates popcorn::

I hadn't noticed that minnie was vertically challenged :rolleyes1.

Still no news on DH front....:littleangel:

So the ADRs that I have with Disney Firefly and LuvChefMic are on:

• Sunday 24th October at Crystal Palace for 6 pm (I think)
  • Tuesday 26th October at Liberty Tree Tavern for 5.20 pm (give or take 10 minutes??)

I'm noting them down here because if I don't have them listed in my PTR, I'm bound to forget about them.

Firefly - are you saying that we may have an extra chair on the 26th?
If so....mmmm....wonder what Manntra is doing? :teeth:

Yep, 6 and 5:20 :) And yes, our LTT ADR is for four people. I figured it'd be easier to get a table for four than for three (since they'd be sticking us at a table for four anyway), so I made the reservation for four :)

You are smart and it's better for 5 to just say 6 and that one person didn't show up.....I learned that on another board, they won't give you a 5 person ressie, but they will a six....not that I think I will ever need that just thrownin it out there!

Thank Firefly! You're sooo organised with your PTRs. I'm just glad that I can tag along.

:lmao: You should see my little spreadsheet :) It's all color coded and everything :laughing:

I'm so glad that I'm (not) taking it easy on the planning this trip and managing my OCD. That spreadsheet sounds like it's something that is (not) perfectly up my alley!

It's not really uberplanning, it's more to make it easier to read and "oh, I paid for that already" and "let me make a note..." I can take a screenshot of it later if you want.

I know what you two mean! I just started a spreadsheet for our potential DC trip!

It's not really uberplanning, it's more to make it easier to read and "oh, I paid for that already" and "let me make a note..." I can take a screenshot of it later if you want.

Screenshot the spreadsheet and show me in October :thumbsup2. Looking forward to it.

I know what you two mean! I just started a spreadsheet for our potential DC trip!

I had a 5 page workbook in Excel for the trip in May....
  • Summary page
  • Flights and non Disney Costs (car hire, accommodation and food)
  • Disney Package Costs
  • Disney - no package; plus food OOP costs
  • AUD to USD conversions

When the October trip came up, I couldn't face maintaining another workbook; so I'm trying to be more relaxed and (not) 'wing it' as we go. :laughing:

Well, this is what it looks like tonight (with reservation numbers blacked out):

omgvacationyay.png

It's pretty simple, but it's still organized. I just like being able to see my plans at a glance and make changes as needed. I also like the bits where it says what I still have to pay or buy. :) I use Google Docs for just about all of my word processing now.

Judging from Disney Firefly's countdown, I have somewhere in the region of 12 weeks to go.... or not.

I was beginning to wonder when the practicalities of booking his work travel was going to dawn on my DH......TODAY! :thumbsup2

His travel arrangements are purely at the mercy of what the automagic on-line TA will or will not let him do. And it turns out that he has a choice of flying United.....or United! I guess he'll have a tough choice to make and will probably debate the issue for another week or two; but I suspect that he will end up flying United.

Anyone who has spent a bit of time in the Other Lands>Australia subforum will know that I am not a fan of United. No offence to anyone (and there are a lot of you out there) that LOVE flying United; it is a personal opinion.
My not enthusiasm for United stems from personal experience. I have flown with them 3 times in the past and have found their service somewhat lacking. Maybe I've just been (not) plainly unlucky....and I am prepared to try them again.

And to cap off the not wonderful euphoria in which I received the news of the airline of choice, it seems that the automagic TA is telling DH that he will be flying Melbourne to Orlando via Sydney, Los Angeles and Chicago. I'm sure that there is a straight line that I can draw on a map somewhere with the proposed route.....after I've had a few more 'well made' drinks at the Tequila Cave in Mexico.

Looks like I'm going to have to have a think about whether I want to travel on the same plane as DH.....:idea:

princess::upsidedow

Well, on the bright side, if you guys do have a layover in Chicago, you may be able to get some Eli's Cheesecake in the terminal :teeth:

That's a pretty convoluted route, though... I guess it could always be worse, right? Could have another stop tacked on :lmao:

Even more on the brighter side, if I travel on a different plane, I might just have to look at my return date.....and possibly staying an extra night at Anaheim to catch the WOC show....:rolleyes1.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Who would have thought that I would have been in a position to actually swing it round this way?

BTW - I forgot to mention....that's a good looking spreadsheet! Thanks for posting it!

You're welcome :) Oddly enough, I actually found a couple of errors on it from when I still had a six-day trip, instead of a seven-day. So I fixed them :) But yeah, Google Docs is awesome, I love it :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter