PTParaD TRs and Shenanigans

That sounds like fun. I think we will get one or two fall trips in this year before we shut the RV down for the winter.

I want to get like 20 more. We winterize with air and still try to get out even in the winter. My DD also swims, so we use the RV as home base at meets. We get out as much as possible and 2020 is cramping my style.

I want to get like 20 more. We winterize with air and still try to get out even in the winter.

I hear you. With my wife back to work as a teacher, we are now limited to only taking trips when school is out or short weekends. Plus side for her is two months off, downside is she gets 3 personal days to use for the entire school year. So once school starts, she only has time off when school is on break. So we have a few weekend trips planned.

I winterize with antifreeze and then drain even that out of the system from the low points. We get a good hard freeze here in N. VA and the one time I only blew out the system I still had a check valve pop from the freeze. 10 years I been using my current method without issues.

Ok. You can stop with the "W" word. It is WAY too early to be discussing that. :)

Sadly, we get below 0 (F) here several times a winter. I've always used the pink stuff and never had any problems. It takes 30 minutes to do the whole thing, so no big deal.

j

wow, we still have 10 weeks of fall camping coming up in Northern Illinois, agree with @Teamubr, way too early to be discussing this. Pink stuff here also, with a washing machine I want to make sure we are good.

Ok. You can stop with the "W" word. It is WAY too early to be discussing that. :)

Sadly, we get below 0 (F) here several times a winter. I've always used the pink stuff and never had any problems. It takes 30 minutes to do the whole thing, so no big deal.

j
wow, we still have 10 weeks of fall camping coming up in Northern Illinois, agree with @Teamubr, way too early to be discussing this. Pink stuff here also, with a washing machine I want to make sure we are good.

I didn't realize the "W" word was "ni" or "it"...

source.gif

I'm near KC and we're not even ready for it to get cold. Our Uncle Sam gives me federal holidays off, though the COVID schedule from the kids' school has pulled a lot of those days out of the schedule. Maybe I'll just take the rig out myself in NOV and DEC by myself. I'm sure DW is totally down with that.

Pink stuff in drains only and clean out lines with air here in MS. I am not sure we really have a winter. Its wetter but Temps usually not that bad.

47db4b643d47bebb290f56eb086d2f55.jpg

Pink stuff in Nebraska, can get really cold here, multiple days below 0. Don't even want to think about it yet.

I’ve only ever drained lines as best I could. Never put the pink stuff in. Probably should, but it almost never gets below 32, much less stays there.

Just pulled the rig into the driveway from it's spot in the yard. That can only mean one thing, it's CAMPING TIME!!!
source.gif

The fridge is cooling down and beds are made already.

Some more set up and groceries tomorrow and then we head out for Hillsdale State Park in East-Central KS on Thursday.

Anyone else have Labor Day plans?

Just finished putting the food out in the refrigerator. Water tank filled. Ready to roll out in the morning.

Heading to Indianapolis for the NHRA US Nationals. They claim to have a social distancing plan. We'll see.

j

Just finished putting the food out in the refrigerator. Water tank filled. Ready to roll out in the morning.

Heading to Indianapolis for the NHRA US Nationals. They claim to have a social distancing plan. We'll see.

j

Yikes! Pack the ear pro.

source.gif

That's a pretty good haul from STL. Hope it's a good one.

Just pulled the rig into the driveway from it's spot in the yard. That can only mean one thing, it's CAMPING TIME!!!
source.gif

The fridge is cooling down and beds are made already.

Some more set up and groceries tomorrow and then we head out for Hillsdale State Park in East-Central KS on Thursday.

Anyone else have Labor Day plans?

YEP YEP! Normandy Farms CG in Foxborough, MA. Looking like we will have a perfect weather FRI-MON up here in Northeast 🌞

YEP YEP! Normandy Farms CG in Foxborough, MA. Looking like we will have a perfect weather FRI-MON up here in Northeast 🌞

Nice. Normandy Farms using the to do list one day. I'll be curious how the Labor Day crowd is affected or not by COVID-19

04 SEP Update

We arrived to Sunflower CG, Hillsdale SP yesterday around 6:30 pm. DW jumped out of the truck and headed to a quiet place to take a Zoom meeting from the kids' school (yeah! school starts next week!!!). The kids helped me get backed in and helped me unhook.

The kids tore off into the night to bike with all the kids in the CG. I think they did 40 laps around the loop

It was a really nice night. The temps dropped into the 60s. We opened up the windows and enjoyed the fresh air.
DW and DD having a chat over dinner
=======

In the morning we woke up and the kids blasted out in to the scrum again while I worked on pancakes, sausage, and eggs for breakfast.

Not a bad spot. 121, Sunflower CG, Hillsdale SP. Sunflower CG is about 2 years old. The sites are nice and the only complete FHU in the park.

The kids enjoyed the cool morning biking and bopping around the CG. I spent the morning getting fishing gear ready and enjoying the stillness of the CG despite all the neighbors.

We went into Paola, KS for lunch at Spudley's Family Restaurant. What a gem. Great small town place. The owner was the only server and worked the room like crazy. I had the pork tenderloin sandwich.

Best tenderloin I've had since my last trip to the Perry County Fair in Altenburg, MO. The Lutherans make a mean tenderloin. Don't miss the mule jumping competition or the antique tractor pull ;).

We stopped at Wally world for some provisions and headed back to camp. The kids rode some more when we got back to the rig. I marinated some pork chops for dinner tonight. We're waiting for Bob (big orange ball) to dip a little lower in the sky and we'll walk down to the lake and land a lunker.

Looks like a nice CG, just one question though, where are all the trees?

Glad you where able to get another trip in, enjoy.

1) the loop is less than 2 years old. There are a bunch of saplings planted, but they have a long way to go. 2) I'm in East Central KS. Used to be prairie way back. There aren't that many nice trees around anyway. Just scrubby hedge trees and other undesireables.

Nothing exciting the rest of the day yesterday. The kids played more with everyone and we made pork chops and mashed potatoes for dinner (no pics sadly).

After dinner the kids dipped their lines in the water a bit, but the shoreline by the campground wasn't that great. The lake level is too low. DS and I scouted some good spots on a bike ride yesterday. We'll hit them today, just going to have to jump in the truck to get over there.

=====

Despite the CG being completely full, it's still nice and still...other than the garbage man emptying the dumpsters at 6:45 this morning.
source.gif

Thankfully I was able to flop over and sleep in another 2 hours. I haven't slept in this late in months.

The weather is supposed to heat up today. We might take the kids over to the swimming beach for a bit to cool off.

I guess I should start rattling the pans and throw some breakfast together.

RV life is the best.

Reminds me of Gulf State Park. Back in the day he would show up at daylight and empty them. All 12 or 15 of them...

Thankfully now its a compacting system so much quieter when it comes to hauling off the trash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!