PTParaD TRs and Shenanigans

Jack,

Falling trees onto the campers in the campground reminds me of my Fort trip in April 2013.

I had checked into 100 loop one morning and was checking out other loops and walked into 200 before lunch that same day. WDW CM's were working on cleaning up a campsite in the outer 200 section that had a tree limb fall onto a dinette slideout of a TT and knocked it CLEAN off in the previous evening.

IMG_20130411_124607_zpsfe523fc8.jpg

Note the sawed off stump as evidence of the tree that dropped said branch.

IMG_20130411_124528_zps233580d4.jpg

Sorry that other trailer took a hit. It's got to be scary to folks to have something like that happen so suddenly.

Bama Ed
That is the story I referred to in the other thread.... forgot (but should have figured) it was from Ed.... he always has the poop....

We all got a fairly late start. Donuts and easy stuff for breakfast. The kids coaxed a few Ranger rides out of Papa and then we had Sunday dinner: Grandma's BBQ meatballs, hashbrown casserole, peas, and Braum's ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

The kids got their last Ranger ride in while DW and I hooked the rig back up. We drove the 2 hours from Emporia to home, where we are now. We're washing up clothes tonight and restocking the fridge in the morning to head to Weston Bend SP in MO for 5 days. It's only about 20 min away and the kids and I are probably rolling solo for most of it while DW spins back up her home business.

Jack

Last edited:

Spotty signal, but here's a pic of Weston Bend and some sweaty kids after a bike ride.

Weston Bend SP is only electric hookups. I filled my water tank no prob. When I got set up and turned the pump on, it ran about every 2 minutes. So a leak somewhere, right?

I tore the shower fixture apart, crawled all over the kitchen cabinets, emptied the basement and pulled panels to look behind the convenience center and no leaks. 2 hours and increasing sweat and frustration. I was about 5 min from packing up and heading home. Then I noticed the water connection switch was on fill instead of Normal Flow. I flipped it over to normal flow because I didn't want to fill the tank mistakenly next time I connected the hose. The pump ran for 2 seconds and then hasn't ran since. I guess some air escapes through the valve into the open system tank.

Today I learned "Normal Flow" means something. 🤬

Disaster averted, return to Vaca mode

Haven't posted in a few days. We haven't done a whole lot other than some bike rides and lazy time in the rig. It did rain about an inch for most of the morning, thankfully only rain, not wind, hail, or worse.

For dinner I conjured up in my twisted mind teriyaki pork chop sandwiches and pineapple rice. It was met with mixed reactions. They requested it added to the menu rotation though.

Yesterday we went for a nice bike ride on the Weston Bluffs Trail. It runs from Weston SP along the Missouri River into the city of Weston, MO. Weston is an old river town and has a really quaint downtown. It has a ton of B&Bs and unique restaurants, wineries, and distilleries. Really a good stop if you are ever in the KC area. Our plan was to grab lunch in town, but the place we wanted to eat at hasn't reopened from COVID yet (and haven't really updated their websites). So we pedaled back to the rig and had lunch.
A little chicken caesar salad for a light lunch. I may like dressing.

We then met DW near our house (a short 20 min away) for dinner. It shouldn't feel odd to be in a restaurant eating, but it does still. Anyway, we had some good grub and DD felt real sick. So she went home with DW and DS and I bachelored it up for the evening. DS helped me pack up all the outside stuff in preparation to pull out in the morning.

Of course, mid-shower, the fresh water tank ran out (thankfully not my shower...though that's happened more than once). I typically look for sites near the central water spigots for this very possible reality

Always packing enough hoses so I don't have to hitch up to fill up

We hit the sack early to get back home for an appointment at 9 in the morning. We woke up early and got to work hooking up. DS enjoyed being the sole helper. He got to run in the slides and do a lot of jobs that DW usually does. He was pretty proud. We made it back to the house on time, but the bug guy showed up 20 minutes early. So DW was already running him around the house.

The trailer is mostly unloaded. I'll give it a good wash, blow out the lines, and park it later in the day when the 105 degree heat index calms down a bit.

I think I'll roll this thread over into a place for all my trips and shenanigans like others have, instead of clogging the the camping board with weekend trips.

Thanks for reading so far,
Jack

The kids really enjoyed the vacation, even though it was plan 3. I'm so glad we decided to go RVing 3 years ago. We haven't looked back. Many fond memories already and many more to come.

Putting the rig away is my least favorite part of camping. 1) it means the trip is over 2) it's a lot of work. Though I have to go back to work Monday and the honey do list is piled over my head, I have a head full of good times with the family and I've settled down in the easy chair with this view:

It's not all bad, but can't wait for the next trip to share with you.

Jack

New project. I got tired of mowing in these 100+ heat index temps. So I added some lights to the mower.

The front light isn't centered because there is a bolt holding the foot rest to the frame there. I need to get a longer bolt so I can adjust the light without it bumping that metal above it.

I mowed with them last night. I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

Whining post inbound...

I'm starting to travel again for my work. Found out that they want me to quarantine 14 days before travel and 14 days after travel. Funny thing is that all of my trips are almost all within 14 days of each other. So I'm either quarantined at home OR on the job from now until 26NOV. I can carve the turkey and then I have to quarantine again for most of December. My frustration made me stop counting after the first of the year.

So I hope someone up top does some math and realizes that this is crazy. I need to get in the camper or I'm going to lose my marbles. Off to the Moose Hillock thread to get my fix.

Jack

Last edited:
Sucks to here about all the quarantine you have to do,but the main objective is to make sure you and everyone else close to you stays safe also.

Sucks to here about all the quarantine you have to do,but the main objective is to make sure you and everyone else close to you stays safe also.

There is discussion about testing upon return, but people are also scared to make stats and show that traveling may pose risk.

I'll just be the crazy guy in the corner scared of natural sunlight in a few weeks 🤪

In the hotel on my first work trip since this whole COVID thing kicked off. Greeted in Savannah with a rain storm with a double rainbow and some good vittles.

Deep fried rib for lunch from a BBQ joint across the street
Monster burrito for dinner.

Last edited:
New project. I got tired of mowing in these 100+ heat index temps. So I added some lights to the mower.

View attachment 513199
The front light isn't centered because there is a bolt holding the foot rest to the frame there. I need to get a longer bolt so I can adjust the light without it bumping that metal above it.

View attachment 513200

I mowed with them last night. I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

I bet you're gonna try to add a jump seat on the back and take it to the Fort under the golf cart rules, aren't ya Jack :rolleyes:?

Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!