Psssttt.. Hey Pete, I hate to burst your bubble....

While I agree that in general people should lighten up and learn to take humorous comments with less offense, I disagree with the blanket statement that I bolded. The reason for this is because many times, a nasty individual will use humor to make hateful comments and insults. In your way of thinking, you'd give them a pass because they did it in the form of a joke. I disagree; I feel nasty hateful individuals shouldn't be given passes simply because they were clever enough to disguise their hate with humor.

If it were true, like you say, that nothing should be off limits when it comes to humor, than it would be perfectly fine to joke with someone about the death of a loved one for example. I find that type of humor unacceptable.
:thumbsup2 I totally agree with you. Some things I've heard that were supposed to be "funny" totally were not. Rude is rude, hateful is hateful. Calling it a joke does not negate the rude and/or hateful!

Sayhello

sorry if this was already pointed out, but while wrestling story lines may be for entertainment, the stress but on the wrestlers body during matches is very much real...it is a combination of stage fighting, real moves, and physical stunts that hurt when not done correctly, not to mention the athleticism to do it up to 4 nights a week

Sorry I'm late. We lost our Internet connection for a while.

I have really had fun with Julie's mention of me, and Pete comment on the podcast, but it's time for me to be serious for a minute here.

I have not missed an episode of "Monday Night Raw" in 18 years (unless the VCR was set wrong). I have attended numerous live shows and tapings. In 1998-1999, I had a huge crush on Vince McMahon's daughter, Stephanie. In 1999, I attended 5 shows in North Carolina, Florida, Iowa, and Minnesota, just hoping to see Stephanie McMahon in person. Twice, I paid $300 for a ringside VIP seat, just to get the souvenir folding chair. I started watching the Impact show at Universal when Taylor Wilde was champion.

Now that you know my background as a rasslin' fan....it's time to make a point.

Since the beginning of time, people have mocked wrestling, calling it fake. My family and friends are totally embarrassed that I am a wrestling fan. My Dad tells me that wrestling is fake on a daily basis. 18 years of ribbing! Yet, my family buys me pay-per-views for my birthday. I watch alone, but my family mocks yet enables my wrestling habit.

Back during the Monday Night Ratings War, my Dad would accidentally tape Nitro instead of Raw if I was not home. When I'd get home to watch, I'd tell Dad "You taped the fake stuff again.

I absolutely adore Pete and the podcast team. I am thrilled that they took the time to mock and rib me like my family does. I am proud to be mentioned in the same sentence as Bubba and Cooter!

On the December 30, 1999 episode of Raw....Mae Young, a retired wrestler in her 80's, got pregnant. Three months later, Mae gave birth to a severed hand. Any form of entertainment that puts a script like that together cannot expect to be taken seriously. Wrestling is mocked constantly, but sometimes the writers make it so very easy to be a joke.

Wrestling fans have a right to enjoy it, but given the history, they need to have a thick skin and accept some ribbing.

Wrestling is fake....and that's the bottom line because Pete Werner said so. :lmao:

Sorry I'm late. We lost our Internet connection for a while.

I have really had fun with Julie's mention of me, and Pete comment on the podcast, but it's time for me to be serious for a minute here.

I have not missed an episode of "Monday Night Raw" in 18 years (unless the VCR was set wrong). I have attended numerous live shows and tapings. In 1998-1999, I had a huge crush on Vince McMahon's daughter, Stephanie. In 1999, I attended 5 shows in North Carolina, Florida, Iowa, and Minnesota, just hoping to see Stephanie McMahon in person. Twice, I paid $300 for a ringside VIP seat, just to get the souvenir folding chair. I started watching the Impact show at Universal when Taylor Wilde was champion.

Now that you know my background as a rasslin' fan....it's time to make a point.

Since the beginning of time, people have mocked wrestling, calling it fake. My family and friends are totally embarrassed that I am a wrestling fan. My Dad tells me that wrestling is fake on a daily basis. 18 years of ribbing! Yet, my family buys me pay-per-views for my birthday. I watch alone, but my family mocks yet enables my wrestling habit.

Back during the Monday Night Ratings War, my Dad would accidentally tape Nitro instead of Raw if I was not home. When I'd get home to watch, I'd tell Dad "You taped the fake stuff again.

I absolutely adore Pete and the podcast team. I am thrilled that they took the time to mock and rib me like my family does. I am proud to be mentioned in the same sentence as Bubba and Cooter!

On the December 30, 1999 episode of Raw....Mae Young, a retired wrestler in her 80's, got pregnant. Three months later, Mae gave birth to a severed hand. Any form of entertainment that puts a script like that together cannot expect to be taken seriously. Wrestling is mocked constantly, but sometimes the writers make it so very easy to be a joke.

Wrestling fans have a right to enjoy it, but given the history, they need to have a thick skin and accept some ribbing.

Wrestling is fake....and that's the bottom line because Pete Werner said so. :lmao:

Great post, well said. Everyone should have there own interests and forget whatever people think about them.

I would sleep with one eye open though, if triple H hears you have a thing for his wife he may Pedigree you. ;)

I think we all have interests that are uncool to others. Let's see...umm..Disney being one of them. If I had a nickel for everytime somebody said, "you're going back there again...that's for kids"

Can it be irritating hearing that over and over...well sure, but I don't really care. If it's something I love, and I'm interested in, I'm secure enough to tell others that, that may be their opinion , but I enjoy it and leave it at that.

I am very secure in my love of Disney, wrestling, and dave matthews band. I just wanted to chime in and say that the majority of fans know its not "real". I use quotes because I wrestled for three years and I have had 4 knee operations, a torn quad muscle, and a bad back.
And not all wrestling fans are rednecks.

Like I said, I L:lovestruc O:lovestruc V:lovestruc E:lovestruc the show and cant wait to go on a podcast crusie.

I would sleep with one eye open though, if triple H hears you have a thing for his wife he may Pedigree you. ;)

I HAD a crush on Stephanie back before her makeover and marriage. She was cute back then. Now that she has been "enhanced," she is no longer cute. The 200 pound nose can have her!

That said.....I am not afraid of the Pedigree. I have fallen on my face before. :lmao:

Gosh almighty, people. If Pete or anyone else on the crew offends you there are dozens of other Disney podcasts you can listen to which are bland, vanilla and will offend no one. Personally, the unfiltered candor and salty personalities are the reason I listen to the Dis. They make the other podcasts seem as exciting as staring at a bowl of oatmeal or listening to paint dry. Pete and the rest of the Dis Unpluggers , don't change a darn thing!

Great post, well said. Everyone should have there own interests and forget whatever people think about them.

Ahhh, Triple H. :love::love::love:

I HAD a crush on Stephanie back before her makeover and marriage. She was cute back then. Now that she has been "enhanced," she is no longer cute. The 200 pound nose can have her!

That said.....I am not afraid of the Pedigree. I have fallen on my face before. :lmao:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

At least Disney fans KNOW that the characters are fake. And yes, I know several people who think WWE is real and not scripted.

Please, WWE admits it is not "real". If you know SEVERAL people who think it is real then they are putting one over on you. Many wrestling fans are not saying it is real, they are saying the moves are real, and the participants can and do get injured. Yes it is scripted, but it is more athletic then most sports, and by the way the Disney Characters are not fake, and neither is Disney Magic. Just saying.

Triple_H.jpg

-swoon-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter