Psssttt.. Hey Pete, I hate to burst your bubble....

indy1834

Earning My Ears
You know those characters at Disney are not real! Im not sure if your comment about wrestling; informing wrestling fans that is isnt real, was meant to make fans of wrestling feel small, or stupid, or what. 99.9% of pro wrestling fans know its not real. Hate to burst your bubble. I would hate to think that you think all wrestling fans are ignorant and stupid rednecks. I have been listening to your show for a while now, even going as far back as the itunes library would take me and playing catch up. I spent 3 years studying law in college and I am now an operations manager of a $4.5 million Goodwill charity store here in Sarasota, Florida. Does that sound stupid to you? Just so you know WWE chairman Vince McMahon "pulled back the curtain" back in the mid 80's. Just because the fans go to the shows and cheer for their favorite wrestler does not mean they all think it is real. The name of the company is WWE the E being ENTERTAINMENT. The same way I go to a WWE or TNA show and cheer, I go to Disney and cheer and cry during the fireworks. I know Tinkerbell, Peter Pan, Hulk Hogan, and John Cena are not "real". It gets very hard for me to listen to your show sometimes because it feels like you guys are a bit snobby sometimes. I enjoy wrestling as much as I enjoy Disney. And btw, im gay. My partner also enjoys both wrestling and Disney. I know it is hard to put on a show and not "offend" people. Im not trying to tell you "never say this again", or "I demand an apology!", because you would have every fan group or minority group down your throat demanding you apologize. I am just saying that it felt like your comment and tone was very condescending and belittling. It felt like you were pointing your finger at wrestling fans and laughing. It felt like you were telling your huge audience that wrestling fans are dumb, ignorant rednecks who are so stupid they dont even know its real. No one wants to feel that way. Not overweight people, gays, or wrestling fans. Thank you guys so much for the great product you put out. I enjoy listening to the show very much and update itunes every 5 minutes throughout the week looking forward to a new show!!!

Hi indy,

I am sorry to hear that you are upset and feel as if the comments on the show were belittling to wrestling fans. I found Pete's comments to be in jest and not something to take personally. I used to watch wrestling myself many, many years ago and was not offended, but I know that sometimes hearing criticism of things that are important to a person can be difficult. With this being said, please remember that all comments relating to the show, whether they be positive or negative critiques, need to adhere to DIS Posting Guidelines.

Thank you,

Nicole

No, I got that. I was just wondering how you got all that out of Pete's 30 second joke.

I have been listening to your show for a while now, even going as far back as the itunes library would take me and playing catch up.

And this is the comment that stands out, huh?

You shoulda been around for Costaguadamexirico.

No kevin. A lot of them stand out. I just felt moved to post about this particular topic. Like i said i love the show. And my partner thinks I am crazy because i listen to past shows 24/7.......even while im sleeping.

but I know that sometimes hearing criticism of things that are important to a person can be difficult.

I did not see his comment as a criticism, but more of a jab at fans.

Hold on, let's back the wwe train up.... WWE is fake???????? You should have put "spoiler alert" in the subject line of this post!!!

Really though, it was a joke and Pete meant nothing by it. If you really have been listening to older podcasts you should realize this.

I really hope this does not get blown way up.

A fairy dies every time someone says Tinkerbell is not real. Please be kind to fairies.

At least Disney fans KNOW that the characters are fake. And yes, I know several people who think WWE is real and not scripted.

The characters at Disney are not fake. I'm sure some of the kids that might be reading over mom or dad's shoulder would agree with me.:goodvibes

At least Disney fans KNOW that the characters are fake. And yes, I know several people who think WWE is real and not scripted.
I will have to agree to this. I originally come from an area where most of the wrestling fans think it is real. Not saying they all do but a lot of them do. I think Pete's comment was taken WAY out of context. I felt it was to be fun and joke a bit, not to belittle anyone.

Hi indy,

I am sorry to hear that you are upset and feel as if the comments on the show were belittling to wrestling fans. I found Pete's comments to be in jest and not something to take personally. I used to watch wrestling myself many, many years ago and was not offended, but I know that sometimes hearing criticism of things that are important to a person can be difficult. With this being said, please remember that all comments relating to the show, whether they be positive or negative critiques, need to adhere to DIS Posting Guidelines.

Thank you,

Nicole

Nicole,

Who was your favorite Wrestler?

Jimmy

Something about this thread reminds me of The Geek Hierarchy. Only we need to pop out a few categories and put in Wrestling and Disney instead...

For the record, I'd be in the Disney Geek and Former Wrestling Geek (I still miss Andre the Giant... :sad1:) categories. And I've met obnoxious/delusional fans in both groups.

In any case, I think those who live in geeky houses shouldn't throw stones, but we're all going to anyway (see above re: hierarchy - it's inevitable in any subculture, I tells ya!) :lmao:

Live and let live, people. :flower3:

I'm a racing fan and have heard the insults about it being a redneck sport all my life, and it doesn't bother me at all. Whatever. I enjoy it and that's all that matters.

Pete pretty much pokes fun at everybody.... and it's funny. Thank goodness you are not an Orlando Magic basketball fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter