• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Promenade/deck 4 questions

ssclbc

Mouseketeer
Does Deck 4 (the outdoor promenade deck) completely encircle the ship? Is it entirely outside?

If you can make a complete lap around the ship here, does anyone know the distance or how many laps make a mile?

Yes the deck completely circles the ship. At both the bow and stern it does go into the ship but just at those points. It is a very pleasant walk. I seem to recall Dave or someone else stated 6 laps was a mile but don't quote me on that. We would walk around it everyday and it is a very nice stroll. At the bow you pass by the anchors and stuff and is quite interesting. The stern is just a small area maybe 30 feet or so and you are back out. The sides of the ship have very nice lounge chairs to sit in and are shaded at various times of the day. You will enjoy it a lot..smjj

There was a whole thread just on this subject but seemed to have been lost during the downtime.

I think I recall that 4 laps around the promenade was 1.25 miles or a little over a 1/4 mile per lap.

As the above poster stated, most of the deck in outside but at the front and back are areas that you pass through with equipment and such.

The area in the bow of the ship can quite dark at night, so be careful when walking at night. Teenagers also like to hang out in that area after dark because it is pretty secluded, so if you are looking for your teen, check this area out! Sometimes this area is roped off due to maintenance work for periods during the cruise.

Hope this helps.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter