Project Runway Season 10

I also thought that Heidi had some work done. When the show started I looked at her and thought something is different.

Ven doesn't bother me. There's been plenty of designers who only design for the 'runway'. Working with the public isn't his thing. I like his designs though.

I too can't understand how Elena can be fan favorite! I had to rewind to make sure I read that right. I guess they are getting the drama from her. What she's done s far is bad. And I'm so sick of her whinning about how the judges aren't 'getting' her designs. Um, it's cause they are bad or not finished or just not as good as the rest!

Another thing that bugs me is when Sonjia wears that fabric on her head tied in a knot. Who does that? She seriously walks around like that?

I hate that Elena is the fan favorite because it just proves to the producers that the way to go is to cast horrible human beings.

The dress my friend episode showed a really unpleasant side of Ven. He may be capable of some cool stuff and a great constructionist, but the truth that he's not really interested in what people want or how they would be able to wear something has been revealed. This last dress showed he's not particularly creative either. I'm sure he's a bit more than the one trick pony he's shown himself to be, but he needs to grow more as a person before he can take his skills to the next level.

I guessed early on in the episode that he was leaving when they showed him helping Melissa. He's probably a bit nicer and not as self absorbed as we've seen on the show & I figured they edited his exit episode to show that a little bit before flinging him off.

Does anybody else feel it's time the show gave at least one week where the designers had much more time to think about the challenge, create their design, shop for the raw goods and then execute their design more fully? Rather than the need to focus on the messy interpersonal drama and meltdowns, maybe they might find they could pull an audience who would really love to see what these creative folks could really do & be ready to be wowed by showstopping looks.

Or how about an episode where designers could go back and tweak or flesh out more fully some of their previous designs? As awesome as Christopher's NYC Rockette costume was I would have liked to see more contrast colors -- either a dark metallic skirt or a midnight blue fabric behind the skyscrapers to make them pop. I'm sure the designers have tons of coulda, woulda, shouldas that would make some of the loser looks incredible with more time and tweaking.

Anybody else happy to see Ven go??

I do not feel Ven should have gone this week. Seriously, Elena's costume was HIDEOUS!! Just really awful.
Even the tackiest Dance Company wouldn't have worn that.

And Sonja's costume was not well thought out at all. The feathers would not make it through 1/2 a performance.

One if those 2 should have gone home based on this challenge.

What I couldn't believe was that Ven was only 28yrs old. Wow, he seems older.

As awesome as Christopher's NYC Rockette costume was I would have liked to see more contrast colors -- either a dark metallic skirt or a midnight blue fabric behind the skyscrapers to make them pop.

I agree!

I do not feel Ven should have gone this week. Seriously, Elena's costume was HIDEOUS!! Just really awful.

And Sonja's costume was not well thought out at all. The feathers would not make it through 1/2 a performance.

Elena's was hideous, but I guess she at least tried to be creative -- Ven's, while pretty, was anything but creative. I guess they realized that if he wasn't doing "rose origami", that that's the best they could get from him. He does look/seem older than his age.

I thinkl this week will be BAD....baby clothes?:confused3

Ven's was TOO BORING!!!!!

and elena is now a Fan Favorite;)

Yes, baby clothes, ugh....do you think most (any??) of these designers have even held a baby?

Yes, baby clothes, ugh....do you think most (any??) of these designers have even held a baby?

Aw, come on, should be cute. It's so ironic they would do this challenge right when Heidi has a line of baby products coming out. :crazy2:

Obviously Ms. Klum scored high marks in her synergistic marketing class.

As a dance mom, can I tell you how much I HATE costumes with feathers. This was DD15 competiton tap costume this past year. They had to wear it 4 times and I can't tell you how many feathers we lost to molting. The head piece didn't even make it past the 1st competition before we had to gather up molted pieces, just to glue them back together so they would have one.

ry%3D400

Vins dress was a 1000 times better than Elena's. We have worn something very similar over the years. I haven't seen anything as hidious as Elena's since I danced back in the 80's. We wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.

FYI, Elena is definitely fan favorite b/c she has a Youtube video out, saying that if people vote her fan favorite, she'll donate half the money to the World Wildlife Fund. I don't think she's actually anyone's "favorite."
I'm DREADING this week's episode! Hopefully they have to create a least a coordinating woman's outfit to go with the baby clothes. It's just gotten too contrived and over the top!

Does anybody else feel it's time the show gave at least one week where the designers had much more time to think about the challenge, create their design, shop for the raw goods and then execute their design more fully?/QUOTE]

Yes! I think they should do this every season around the halfway mark. I'd love to see them have all the time they wanted at Mood.

I think the baby challenge will be fun to watch, but I think it will include a women's dress also. I've spend many hundreds of dollars on newborn and toddler clothing - it is definitely a market that designers shouldn't scoff at.

FYI, Elena is definitely fan favorite b/c she has a Youtube video out, saying that if people vote her fan favorite, she'll donate half the money to the World Wildlife Fund. I don't think she's actually anyone's "favorite."
I'm DREADING this week's episode! Hopefully they have to create a least a coordinating woman's outfit to go with the baby clothes. It's just gotten too contrived and over the top!

I think they did a show where they had to design a kid outfit and also a mom one that coordinated with it. I could be wrong though.

I think its really sad that she is doing that, I mean its great that she will donate the money, but if its a cause you feel so strongly about how about coming up with a real fundraiser instead of bribing for votes. I like her even less now and I didn't think that was possible.

I'm glad Ven is gone and please please let it be Elena this week :thumbsup2

Does anybody else feel it's time the show gave at least one week where the designers had much more time to think about the challenge, create their design, shop for the raw goods and then execute their design more fully?/QUOTE]

Yes! I think they should do this every season around the halfway mark. I'd love to see them have all the time they wanted at Mood.

I think the baby challenge will be fun to watch, but I think it will include a women's dress also. I've spend many hundreds of dollars on newborn and toddler clothing - it is definitely a market that designers shouldn't scoff at.

They all ready do that but you have to be in the top 3(or 4).

Kae

I'm pretty sure it's Fabio. I really like him, too. Dmitri is my favorite, and I feel so bad for him because he does great work, and is always just safe! I am also rooting for Melissa. Ven is such a big jerk, and has a very high opinion of himself.

How is Elena a fan favorite???:scared1:

I know, WHAT is up with that?:confused: It sure seems like a bribe to me...that she would donate (which is great) but still.

I know, WHAT is up with that?:confused: It sure seems like a bribe to me...that she would donate (which is great) but still.

Yes, I don't understand how this is legal under the rules.

And she is SO unpleasant! Although I did laugh quite a bit at Christopher's assessment that they were like Boris and Natasha! :rotfl:

For me Christopher has just rallied and might win it all. Demetrios has always been good. Ven is remarkable and I would wear anything he made. Solange too is very good. The eggplant chicken suit was awful. All in all Michael Kors is always on the money with his thoughts and descriptions.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter