Private Rainforest Room Amazing!

AddictedtoTravel

Mouseketeer
We really enjoyed our private use of the Rainforest Room on our recent cruise. We had the place to ourselves for close to 2 hours. It was incredible! It'd be nice if they kept something like this post COVID. I hadn't ever gone in the past so I don't know how busy it typically is?

We really enjoyed our private use of the Rainforest Room on our recent cruise. We had the place to ourselves for close to 2 hours. It was incredible! It'd be nice if they kept something like this post COVID. I hadn't ever gone in the past so I don't know how busy it typically is?
That's great to know. It can be hard to get a lounger at times, so having the place to yourself for 2 hours does sound wonderful. Was it hard to get a reservation?

How busy it "normally' is seems to depend widely, probably mostly on what time of day one generally goes. On most of our previous cruises we've gotten the length of cruise passes and with one exception always managed to go at a time when we were the only ones in the Rainforest Room or there were only one or two other people there. We heve never had a problem getting a lounger (our primary reason for going to RR, as we don't like the special showers they have). But we've read others' reports where they have had trouble getting a lounger or having to limit how long they spend on a lounger because other people were waiting. So I think we have just been very fortunate with our timing.

SW

It was super easy to get a reservation. We did it the first thing when we got on the ship, picked the 8 am slot on the second day at Castaway.

If it's still private when we cruise, we're definitely booking it!

We've also never tried it. But looking forward to private time...there'll only be 4 of us...and likely my son would leave within a few minutes...but I'd love to try it for the first time.

I liked it when you could get a 3-day pass and go when you feel. There were always times when there were no more than 3 people, if that. From a video, I can see that showers and lockers are barricaded off. Oh well, maybe it will be open next year.

I was just on the 8/30 sailing and DH and I did the Rainforest Room (for the first time) too. Absolutely LOVED it and felt it was money well spent. We kept remarking how much we WOULDN’T like it with a bunch of other people though.

Are the times every 2 hours (on the even hour) starting at 8 am? Do you know how late the times go?

Are the times every 2 hours (on the even hour) starting at 8 am? Do you know how late the times go?
I believe it's every 2 hours and I think the 8 am was the first one of the day. I don't know how late they offer it.
How much are they charging?
It was right around $200 that includes the required 18% tip. You can have parties up to 5 or 6, I think. It was just the two of us. They also charged an additional $15 per scrub if you wanted any. Personally, I think this should have been included.

You can have a group of up to 10, but all must be in the same traveling party. It was $175 plus tip. You get one hour and 45 minutes, so likely 15 minutes to clean/turnover.

Totally agree with loving the private experience. My wife and I thought it was fantastic, if not just slightly weird to have so much space all to ourselves. One complaint though… $15 for scrubs that used to be free even when buying a week long pass for cheaper?! What a silly and cheap up charge for a now much more expensive experience.

This sounds amazing! The Rainforest Room is one my favorite things on the boat..to have it to myself would be a dream!

From a video, I can see that showers and lockers are barricaded off. Oh well, maybe it will be open next year.

Oh, I hope the lockers/showers aren’t closed! One of my favorite “tricks” is to stay in a room forward then use the lockers/showers for my usually daily shower. So much better and more relaxing than the shower in the room.

Oh, I hope the lockers/showers aren’t closed! One of my favorite “tricks” is to stay in a room forward then use the lockers/showers for my usually daily shower. So much better and more relaxing than the shower in the room.
Locker Rooms are currently closed.

We did this the first day of our cruise. They did let my 17 yr old join me. We both really loved it. They gave us each a free scrub since we booked it for the first day, so that's something to keep in mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!