Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June TR Update 10/17 Snow White Theme Night

Love the photos of Pop!

I'm sorry to read about your camera incident but at least it wasn't your good camera - phew!

Sorry to hear about your camera, that stinks! I have a terribe streak of dropping electronics, so I never purchase anything expensive :rotfl:

I know I'm horrible too! Every time I would pull my good camera out my DH would yell at me to put it around my neck, lol!

Love the photos of Pop!

I'm sorry to read about your camera incident but at least it wasn't your good camera - phew!

I know right, I think DH will kill me if I break another camera. It has become a bit of a running joke now though, lol

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck with cameras, luckily, as you said it wasn't your good one.

Can't wait to hear all about your first park day:goodvibes

My dslr is on its last legs - hopefully it will make it through our vacation and I won't have to rely on the little one. But a back up is a good thing. I have been watching several waterproof camera prices. The one I want is the canon - but it's almost $300. And, really, all ps cameras are the same - especially when you are used to the dslr. So, when Office Depot had the fuji one on sale last week for $99 - I checked the reviews on amazon - and they were okay - for what it is - I think all the negatives have to come from people who are used to the dslr - so I got it. It has done great outside - not so hot inside - but for what it is - it's fabulous!

(I admit it, I am a dslr snob. Not that I even have a clue as to how to work my big camera. I just lurve that it actually takes a picture when I press the button - and not seconds later!)

I didn't think you were rude at all. I fully understand about children being in moods, with my Dh being the worst sometimes. I would be worried sick if I couldn't find my child, especially in a crowd at Disney, regardless of their age.

Your going to think I'm crazy but before we go on our trips I scour the menus from All Ears and write out what the younger kids and myself will have at each CS place, even desserts and drinks. This way when we get to the restaurant I just rip that page out and hand it to my DH so I can get us a table while he gets our food. I know I have WAY too much time on my hands :rotfl:

OMG! :rotfl: We are too much alike...although I don't hand a copy to dh, I have scoured the menus and know exactly what I want when I sit down. Already have a list going for our trip!

The reason for the 2000 pics is my 4 kids. It is nearly impossible to get a picture with all 4 looking at me at the same time so I end up with a dozen of the same pose, lol.

This happens to you too! I swear I wonder what we did before digital cameras? I must take 10 awful pictures before I get the perfect one...no wonder why my kids run when they see the camera! :rotfl:

I am so sorry about the camera, but at least it was not your "good" one! I blessing in everything I suppose!

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck with cameras, luckily, as you said it wasn't your good one.

Can't wait to hear all about your first park day:goodvibes

Thanks, I'm hoping from here on out my luck will change :goodvibes

My dslr is on its last legs - hopefully it will make it through our vacation and I won't have to rely on the little one. But a back up is a good thing. I have been watching several waterproof camera prices. The one I want is the canon - but it's almost $300. And, really, all ps cameras are the same - especially when you are used to the dslr. So, when Office Depot had the fuji one on sale last week for $99 - I checked the reviews on amazon - and they were okay - for what it is - I think all the negatives have to come from people who are used to the dslr - so I got it. It has done great outside - not so hot inside - but for what it is - it's fabulous!

(I admit it, I am a dslr snob. Not that I even have a clue as to how to work my big camera. I just lurve that it actually takes a picture when I press the button - and not seconds later!)

I just got my nice expensive camera in March but have yet to learn how to use it. :upsidedow So far the auto button works great for me! One day I will learn how to use it:rolleyes1

I didn't think you were rude at all. I fully understand about children being in moods, with my Dh being the worst sometimes. I would be worried sick if I couldn't find my child, especially in a crowd at Disney, regardless of their age.

Thank you:) I remember a couple of years ago in DHS when my then 13 yr old DS went in one direction when we went in the other and we couldn't find him for about 30 minutes! And of course he did not have his cell phone on:scared1: Even though I knew the chances of something happening to him were slim I panicked and started to cry, lol. Thankfully he was smart enough to find a CM who let them usse their phone to call us!

OMG! :rotfl: We are too much alike...although I don't hand a copy to dh, I have scoured the menus and know exactly what I want when I sit down. Already have a list going for our trip!

This happens to you too! I swear I wonder what we did before digital cameras? I must take 10 awful pictures before I get the perfect one...no wonder why my kids run when they see the camera! :rotfl:

I am so sorry about the camera, but at least it was not your "good" one! I blessing in everything I suppose!

Have you ever seen that commercial where the mother is trying to take a family shot and she ends up photoshopping the picture so that everyone is perfect? That's my family, lol

Mine is on Auto all the time!! The only time I try to tweak it is if there are lots of shadows or it's dark. But...all that time I spend tweaking it - I have usually missed the picture. I just love that it actually takes the picture when I press the button. Well worth the hundreds of dollars right there :thumbsup2

Several years ago, I bought photoshop on ebay - it was new, sealed in the box, but 2 versions before the current one (at that time) - and I only paid $70 for it!

So...I do mess around with all of my pictures - and fix - sort of - what I could have done in the first place if I understood all the fstop stuff!

If I could actually work photoshop that would be me too! :rotfl2:

I know I don't know how to work Photoshop either :confused3 :rotfl:

Mine is on Auto all the time!! The only time I try to tweak it is if there are lots of shadows or it's dark. But...all that time I spend tweaking it - I have usually missed the picture. I just love that it actually takes the picture when I press the button. Well worth the hundreds of dollars right there :thumbsup2

That was my problem alot when at WDW and I was trying to mess with the settings, that's why I just left in on auto for most of the time!

I love the surprise, how fun!

I have to say Pop Century is growing on me...

It is a great resort I think for all ages but especially kids:thumbsup2

After having a great nights sleep I got a phone call from Stitch at about 6:30am. I always make sure my backpack is packed up and clothes are laid out for everyone the night before so getting everyone ready is fairly painless. This morning I had to go down to the front desk and re check in and get our KTTW cards because our package began on this day. We had gotten a voice mail the night before saying that if we'd like they would deliver our new cards to our room the next day around 8am, but I wanted to be gone by 8 so it was just easier for me to go down and do it. While there I ran into the gift shop to buy lanyards and pouchs for DH and myelf to wear in the parks and pens for the kids autographs. We like the pouches to keep our KTTW cards, FPs and the boys GACs in. I also brought our mugs down to the food court and filled them up for everyone. Once back in the rooms DH and MIL were already up and ready as were DN and DS. I got the younger kids up and dressed, I ate a muffin we had brought from home, they ate some donuts and pop tarts and we were out the door by 7:45am!

Got to DHS around 8am. At this point Sam still doesn't know that we are there for SWW, we wanted to keep it a surprise until we got the park and bless his heart but he didn't even think twice when I had him and Ben wearing Star Wars tees, lol. But as we're walking up he starts to see the signs and the fact that just about every kid there was wearing some kind of SW attire, he looked at me all excited and asked if we were there for SWW? When we said yes he started hugging and kissing me thanking me so much for bringing him there :cloud9:

This is him while we were waiting in line at the turnstiles

055.jpg

Think he looks happy? :goodvibes

We had a while to wait so I left DH and everyone in line and I went over to Guest Services to get the boys GACs and a sticker so we could use Ben's stroller as a wheelchair. I'm guessing at about 8:30 or so the Stormtroppers appeared. Their little show was pretty cute, my boys were in complete awe! And I must admit even as an adult, seeing those guys up there was pretty cool:thumbsup2

062.jpg

061-3.jpg

064.jpg

065-1.jpg

The Stormtroopers finally announce that they are going to let us in, as long as we head over to the new Star Tours! So that's where we headed straight away, surprisingly enough I didn't feel like it was a crazy amount of people going that way, there still seemed to lots of people doing to TSM mad dash. And there was alot of people heading towards the JTA sign ups but we had decided we were going to do that on the next day we were there.

We got to Star Tours and Ben announced that he wasn't going to ride :eek:. My MIL said she would wait with him so we dropped them off at a bench and got in line, the ride was pretty much was a walk on, we didn't even have time to take pictures the line moved so fast! The ride was great, Sam and Emily loved it! We were done the ride by 9am, in all the excitement of the Stormtroopers I hasn't even realized that they let us in early! We passed through Tatooine Traders, promising Sam we would come back and get him anything he may want, we just didn't want to stop at the moment because we had a certain someone we all wanted to go see:goodvibes

We gathered my MIL and Ben and got in a decently short line for Chewbacca! He was supposed to be there at 9am but was running a "bit" late. That "bit "late ended up being a whole hour but we forgave him because he was pretty awesome!

068-1.jpg

Waiting for Chewie

Finally it was our turn!
071-1.jpg

079-2.jpg

082-3.jpg

Ben was kinda bored at this point, he is not so much into Star Wars stuff and wanted to ride TSM so I told him after Chewie we would head over there. On the way over we ran into these guys, even though they were on the top of my list of things to see at SWW, they had a ridiculous wait and nobody wanted to get in line so I snapped a quick pics as we were passing by.

084-2.jpg

We came upon The Great Movie Ride and MIL, DH and DN wanted to ride so we took a detour from TSm to go over there. I don't know what it was but as soon as we stepped in the doors Ben started feaking out and bolted out of his stroller, heading out the door :scared1: He somehow thought we were trying to get him to ride TOT, my MIL offered to take him out and sit with him as we rode so after making sure he was ok we all went in. The ride was a walk on, we had the front row and got the gangster plot. It was so funny because when the guy took over he kept asking Sam "what are you looking at kid", Sam just stared at him with his eyes as big as saucers afraid to speak. He knew from past trips that it was nothing to be scared of but his face was just priceless:rotfl:

We left the ride, found MIL and DS again and headed over to Pixar Place for Ben. We saw the Green Army Men while DH was parking the strollers.

110-1.jpg

The wait for Buzz and Woody didn't look so bad so I thought we should hop in line for them before riding TSM. Woody is one of Ben's favorites and we've never wanted to wait in the long lines for him so this was a great chance to see him. As soon as we stepped into the inside part of the line, Ben has another meltdown:scared1: Who the heck is this kid? My Ben at home is a very laid back guy and rarely has meltdowns, now we're here in WDW and he's had 2 in less than a half an hour! I pulled him out and was trying to calm him down when a wonderful CM approached us. She had noticed the GAC in the pouch I had on my lanyard and asked if Ben had problems waiting in line. I told her yes but I knew the GAC didn't work for characters, she told me to go over to the exit and wait for her while the another CM went in the line and pulled my DH and the other kids out for us. She told us that they usually don't do this but she felt so bad for Ben and wanted to make sure he got to see Buzz and Woody. They then brought us in the exit and let us move to the front of the line to see our Toy Story favs! Ben eyes lit up when he saw the guys! I cannot tell you how appreciative I was of those CMs, more pixie dust sprinkled on us by some great people!

Look at Ben running with his arms out to Woody for a hug!
111-1.jpg

124.jpg

We then much to Ben's delight we FINALLY made our way over to TSM! Everyone loved it as usual, I got to ride with my DH and would you believe he only beat me by 100 points? We are very competetive people so I vowed to get him next time, lol.

DN and DD were partners, they would end up being ride partners for the majority of the trip. Emily was thrilled to finally have another girl around!
127.jpg

129.jpg

You can't see my score but I promise it was 105,800
130.jpg

After riding we all decided we were hungry. I was trying to not be the crazy over planner this trip and hadn't planned a CS place for us so after discussing options we decided to try something new. Where would we go? Your going to have to wait and see because it's almost midnight and this momma is tired, I'm heading up to bed:rotfl:

We went to SWW while we were down there. They let us in about 30 minutes early also. I went to FP TSM while the rest of the family went to ToT and RRC. It was the first time we rode both of those and we had a blast. I thought the kids would be scared but those 2 rides ended up being their favorites. It was quiet on that end of the park. But SWW wasn't as crowded as I thought it was going to be.

I love the SWW characters and I have never even seen one of the movies :rotfl: They are just so cool looking, especially Chewbacca, how cool!!

Poor Ben with the meltdowns, but I am glad that you guys were able to get in and see Buzz and Woody...that area usually has a huge line every time I am there!

I can't guess what you picked for lunch, because I can never remember the options in DHS, but I am excited to see your choice!

We avoided SWW while we was there. What kind of show did they do? That's pretty cool to see them up on the roof!

Did Ben knock Woody down with that power-hug? That's just adorable he was so excited! :cloud9:

I'm sorry to hear that Ben was having some issues. I hope he finally overcame everything and was more laid back the rest of the trip!

That's awesome they let you in to DHS early!!! And then the CM sneaking you in the back door? Love the pixie dust! :wizard:

I'm glad that Sam was excited (and thankful) that you took him to SWW!

Can't wait to hear what you do for lunch! popcorn::

The girls really don't know much about Star Wars - it was just last summer that Katie saw the movie - and just the first one. But...I think the SWW look really cool! The girls really do like the Star Tours ride - so I think they'll love the new version. How many times did you ride it - was it as cool as everyone says??

Once we rode Star Tours - leaving my mom with all our stuff (she gets motion sick easily) - and Darth Vader and Stormtroopers rode with us! A stormtrooper sat right behind us - and played with Madalyn's pigtails the whole time. And because I left all our stuff with my mom - I didn't even get a picture! Oh - and this was in September, too - not even a SWW!

Wow at keeping SWW from DS and him being soo happy when he found out - what a great start to his trip! :thumbsup2

I also love that another great CM made Ben's day by making sure you met Buzz and Woody - I love reading about pixie dust moments! :wizard:

I'll believe your score on TSMM even though I can't see it!! :lmao:

Did you forget the sharpies that you had on your list to buy for days? :rotfl: I noticed you had to buy some when you bought lanyards!

Sam's reaction to SWW was priceless, what a lucky little boy!

I love the picture of DH and Chewie!

I have to tell you that the story of the CM and letting you guys in the back for Ben made me cry! I hope this made the rest of the day better for him!

DN & Emily are so cute together...always nice to have a big girl around!

We went to SWW while we were down there. They let us in about 30 minutes early also. I went to FP TSM while the rest of the family went to ToT and RRC. It was the first time we rode both of those and we had a blast. I thought the kids would be scared but those 2 rides ended up being their favorites. It was quiet on that end of the park. But SWW wasn't as crowded as I thought it was going to be.

Did you go on that Friday too? I really expected it to be so much more busy and was plesantly surprised! I actually think it was busier when we went back to DHS later on our trip!

I love the SWW characters and I have never even seen one of the movies :rotfl: They are just so cool looking, especially Chewbacca, how cool!!

Poor Ben with the meltdowns, but I am glad that you guys were able to get in and see Buzz and Woody...that area usually has a huge line every time I am there!

I can't guess what you picked for lunch, because I can never remember the options in DHS, but I am excited to see your choice!

I loved the Disney characters dressed in the Star Wars stuff but unfortunately we didn't get our pics with any of them, their waits were crazy long!

We were thrilled to finally meet Woody, we see Buzz on every trip but have always just missed Woody in MK and then teh lines are always so long in DHS that we've never wanted to wait.

We avoided SWW while we was there. What kind of show did they do? That's pretty cool to see them up on the roof!

Did Ben knock Woody down with that power-hug? That's just adorable he was so excited! :cloud9:

I'm sorry to hear that Ben was having some issues. I hope he finally overcame everything and was more laid back the rest of the trip!

That's awesome they let you in to DHS early!!! And then the CM sneaking you in the back door? Love the pixie dust! :wizard:

I'm glad that Sam was excited (and thankful) that you took him to SWW!

Can't wait to hear what you do for lunch! popcorn::

The Stormtroopers were just talking back and forth with one another, I had read that they do this from here on the Disboards so I knew to get there early so we could see it. It was pretty cute!

Thankfully that was the end of Ben's meltdowns. He became crazy obsessed with having a plan on this trip like constantly asking me what we were doing next so I think he may just have gotten upset when we didn't follow the plan and go straight to TSM :confused3

Those CMs were amazing, it really is what makes WDW so special, all of the little things day do to make your vacation perfect:goodvibes

The girls really don't know much about Star Wars - it was just last summer that Katie saw the movie - and just the first one. But...I think the SWW look really cool! The girls really do like the Star Tours ride - so I think they'll love the new version. How many times did you ride it - was it as cool as everyone says??

Once we rode Star Tours - leaving my mom with all our stuff (she gets motion sick easily) - and Darth Vader and Stormtroopers rode with us! A stormtrooper sat right behind us - and played with Madalyn's pigtails the whole time. And because I left all our stuff with my mom - I didn't even get a picture! Oh - and this was in September, too - not even a SWW!

OMG I think Sam would faint if Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper got on the ride with us, lol! That is so cool that happened to you guys! Doesn't stuff always happen like that when you don't have a camera with you?

Wow at keeping SWW from DS and him being soo happy when he found out - what a great start to his trip! :thumbsup2

I also love that another great CM made Ben's day by making sure you met Buzz and Woody - I love reading about pixie dust moments! :wizard:

I'll believe your score on TSMM even though I can't see it!! :lmao:

I can't believe that my DS didn't catch on right away! He had even been asking if we could go to WDW in May so we could attend SWW!

There are a few more pixie moments, we encounteered many special people:goodvibes

My DH was teasing me because he said I had no proof of what my score was:lmao: Later on I scored higher though:thumbsup2

Did you forget the sharpies that you had on your list to buy for days? :rotfl: I noticed you had to buy some when you bought lanyards!

Sam's reaction to SWW was priceless, what a lucky little boy!

I love the picture of DH and Chewie!

I have to tell you that the story of the CM and letting you guys in the back for Ben made me cry! I hope this made the rest of the day better for him!

DN & Emily are so cute together...always nice to have a big girl around!

Would you believe I forgot those darn Sharpies?:rotfl: So of course I ended up buying $12 worth of pens!

Sam is always a very enthusiastic child:) I can't always tell him stuff in advance because if something changes he doesn't always take it so well so I surprise him alot!

Oh I had tears in my eyes during the whole thing with Buzz and Woody, of course I cry at EVERTHING, seriously I am a big blubbering baby at WDW:rotfl: It totally made Ben's day and the meltdowns disappeared for the remander of the trip!

Emily sure did love having another girl around and my DN loves her just as much. My SIL said she was looking at my DN pictures and DN had taken dozens of self portraits of her and Emily!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter