• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Princess Weekend 2024!

I have come across the same issue. To get the day drop, you need to call Disney and talk with a CM to modify the reservation.
I did call! And the CM said she couldn’t do it either . I know it’s not her policy but I asked how there could be no availability to *give a day back to them*. She tried to explain but… in any case I didn’t argue with her, it’s not her decision. The sad thing is that I had been sitting on a second reservation that ended on Sunday, but had let it go about 2 months ago because I didn’t want to hold a reservation someone else might need. Lesson learned.

Anyway I canceled the reservation now and I’m fine with the change. Just very strange. In my experience, it gets harder and harder to make a vacation work here in recent years, and it’s impacted how often we visit.

But now I get to be on the boardwalk and I have a shorter trip like I wanted! Definitely not a tragedy.

Next decision is to decide whether to run this for time or just have fun, it will impact what kind of race outfit I pack. I proactively bought a tiara at a Spirit Halloween store in October, so I’ll try to work around that either way. Too early to stalk the weather forecast.

Doing the 5k, first Disney race ever so unsure bout a lot. We are staying at wilderness. Should we drive to the race Friday morning or use their buses? Also do I need to join virtual queue thursday for expo to pick up my bib?

Doing the 5k, first Disney race ever so unsure bout a lot. We are staying at wilderness. Should we drive to the race Friday morning or use their buses? Also do I need to join virtual queue thursday for expo to pick up my bib?
Can’t comment on driving vs bus, because I always bus everywhere at Disney.

But you only need the VQ at the expo on Thursday if you want to buy official runDisney merchandise. If you just want your bib and included shirt, you just have to show up and pick them up. You can also shop the non-runDisney merchandise expo without a VQ

Like @Naomeri said you only need to join the VQ if you want to look at the official RunDisney branded merchandise (pins, magnets, spirit jerseys…) as well as engage in character meets if you only want to get your bib/included shirt you can freely walk into those buildings

As far as driving vs bus it’s your preference

Might have to dig back to the prior maps but I think they’ve settled into a routine with the 10k maps, that’s the third year in a row they’ve used an iteration of this for PW. Main difference has been which side of the lake you race on.

Yep, looks like it's the same 10k route as Princess 2022 and 2023. I didn't look back farther than that. I was hoping for the 10k route from Marathon weekend.

Last edited:
Is anyone planning to bring friendship bracelets to exchange? I just learned about this recently and have had fun making them. It's a way to de-stress after work and think about Disney 😁. Not sure if it's a holdover from TS fandom or is a Disney thing too, but I'm planning to bring a bunch to hand out just for fun. Look for Maid Marian (10K) and Olaf (half) if you want one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter