Princess Weekend 2024!

I'm not doing Princess and I'm always curious about the themes. I'm counting on Ariel for the half or the challenge. She's only been on the 5k once before, and even without the live remake, it's time. Rapunzel's only been once, right?

Ariel was the theme of my very first rD race ever -- the 2016 Princess 5K. And I HATED the medal because it was rubber. That was the last year before they moved to all metal medals for all distances except kid races.

I'm not doing Princess and I'm always curious about the themes. I'm counting on Ariel for the half or the challenge. She's only been on the 5k once before, and even without the live remake, it's time. Rapunzel's only been once, right?
Rapunzel has been twice. 2018 5k and 2021 10k (which of course ended up being virtual).

A PP already posted by princess but by distance Since 2018 when each distance had its own host:

5K:
18-Rapunzel
19 Elena of Avalor
20 moana
21 virtual Ariel
22 Cinderella
23 jasmine

18-Merida
19 mulan
20 Pocahontas
21 virtual Rapunzel
22 Tiana
23 Belle

Half
18-Snow white
19 Aurora
20 Cinderella
21 virtual Belle
22 mulan
23 Moana

Challenge
18 Cinderella
19 jasmine
20 sleeping beauty fairies
21 virtual Tiana
22 moana
23 Cinderella

I was not planning on going to Princess since we can't go as a family but but but... Ariel 😭 😭 😭

I can't justify the expenses to WDW just for a 5k though. Argh. I need to start saving up. Or find a way to sign up for the virtual...

Well, unpopular opinion probably, but I honestly am disappointed. Repeating three princesses from 2021, and two of them for the same distances. It just seems lazy on their part. Really am surprised that Snow White, Aurora, and Merida are not in the mix as they are way overdue to be used again.

Frozen makes sense since 2023 is the ten year anniversary. I remember the 2014 Princess was themed to Frozen, and the weather followed suit.
It was 2015 now if we could get a repeat of that chilly weather I’d appreciate that after the past few warmer Gasparillas
Well, unpopular opinion probably, but I honestly am disappointed. Repeating three princesses from 2021, and two of them for the same distances. It just seems lazy on their part. Really am surprised that Snow White, Aurora, and Merida are not in the mix as they are way overdue to be used again.
I know at least swap Ariel & Rapunzel (though the latter was already 5K in 2018) or be controversial and use live action Ariel though I suppose she’d look animated in the key art which would defeat the purpose

That said with the 5K being Ariel wondering if it would be crazy to check in Wednesday go to the expo Thursday run Friday be back in room in time to check out go to magic kingdom for lunch and photos (I’m an AP so I can just pop in/out) than be in tampa before their expo closes at 8 so that I can run their 15k/8k challenge or if my friend should just do the virtual if she wants the medal since Ariel is her favorite and after Springtime she doesn’t want to wait another 5 years between run Disney 5ks

Important note: Yoga is now taking place on the Monday after the half, not on the day of the expo. February 26 at 5:30 am.

"A Relaxing Ending to a Magical Weekend! After pushing yourself to be your very best and strongest, it’s time to treat your body to some well-earned yoga in Magic Kingdom park––near Cinderella Castle."

I feel the same way. At least Frozen is "original" in the sense it hasn't been a theme for years, probably because it's its own marketing line.

The princess art/drawings are ok, but what is up with the typography? The rounded stencil-y font isn't working and they didn't do any design work to make the type suit the art. It looks slapped-on and unfinished?

runDisney graphic design quality is all over the place lately. I think they laid off too many of their skilled creative directors and designers. It was once consistently a high point of every race but now it's so hit-or-miss. (And I still lament the loss of the Champion brand raglan-cut race shirts, their new shirt cut is CHEAP and not made for running!! I digress.)

I am excited for the choices since I missed when Rapunzel and Tiana were last in the race. Not a fan of the "action" images they have been using. My first race was 2105 when it was the frozen 5k and it was FREEZING, they had those propane powered outdoor heaters at the start. Quite a contrast to when I last ran in 2019 and had a baggie of ice in my bra!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter