Princess Weekend 2024!

There are already charity bibs for Princess Weekend 2024 available? Do you mind telling through which charity?

I took the past 3 weeks "off" from running since finishing the challenge. I have started building back up again and plan to try and get under 1 hour 50 min next year. I really love the princess weekend and being able to take a lazy approach in the parks I don't get to do when we have the kids with us. Also, being a teacher having a few extra days off in the middle of winter is a welcomed change.

If Moana is on another medal this next year it will be disappointing. She has been on something the past 4 years if you include the kids runs in 2020 (I think). They should do a not really official princess 5k. Use Leia, Meg, etc.... That could be a lot of fun. Maybe they could make that the springtime surprise weekend (Meg for princess 10 miler or Dash for Dot 5k). Who knows, I'm sure the creative people that think about this stuff could come up with better names than me.

There are already charity bibs for Princess Weekend 2024 available? Do you mind telling through which charity?
This year, I ran Princess 5k through FORCE (Facing Hereditary Cancer Empowered) and a few weeks ago, I got an email notifying about Princess bibs for 2024. Not sure if I am allowed to post their link (please delete if not): https://www.facingourrisk.org/about-us

They were a great group to raise money for!

Tentatively planning on running the challenge... but very concerned about it selling out within minutes! Any pro-tips? I'm a marathoner but this would be my first WDW race. Would love to see Cinderella but it appears she's been well-represented!

Tentatively planning on running the challenge... but very concerned about it selling out within minutes! Any pro-tips? I'm a marathoner but this would be my first WDW race. Would love to see Cinderella but it appears she's been well-represented!
Stick around as we get closer to registration. There’s a trick involving queue IDs that someone will explain in greater detail, but ultimately the biggest obstacle to registering these days seems to be runDisney IT. As long as you’re in the queue as it launches and pay attention here i think you have a solid shot.

Well that's the final nail in the coffin for me for Princess 2024.

I had no desire to once again train for an A-race in the middle of the Canadian winter so I was really hesitant to sign up. I just learned that my kids' school break won't coincide with the race this year so we won't be able to combine it with our annual family trip.

I'm really disappointed since I love the Princess races. You guys have so much fun without me!!!

I just booked our DVC resort for Princess weekend. I did my first princess challenge race in 2015. I found out a month later I had cancer (colon) so couldn't run the 2016 race, but I did do Wine and Dine challenge 2016. I ran Princess challenges again in 2017, 2018, and 2019. I found out in 2019 I had cancer again (breast this time). It has been a long journey back to running after breast cancer treatments, but I am so ready! I plan on doing the challenge and I believe my husband will also join me for the challenge. Given my personal history, I am seriously considering running with the American Cancer Society DetermiNation group.

So excited to be back to running Disney races! I already have my fall half planned to see what pace I am at now.

Last edited:
We typically booked monorail resorts for princess weekend and I do love the Poly because of being able to walk to TTC. However, this trip we are planning AKL because we want a 1 bedroom and we have been staying at the VGF a lot lately.

Oh well, hopefully the WL will clear :)

Be sure to do searches for the room type regularly. The WL is very very fallible, and seems to run in the middle of the night rather than in real time. You can often catch availability.

Booking for 2023 was a pain in the rear because the world was getting back "on line" so to speak, and just before my 7 month window opened they eliminated the 50% borrowing restriction. But I feel that booking for 2024 might have more availability as we go.

Do check, though. Don't just rely on the waitlist.

Be sure to do searches for the room type regularly. The WL is very very fallible, and seems to run in the middle of the night rather than in real time. You can often catch availability.

Booking for 2023 was a pain in the rear because the world was getting back "on line" so to speak, and just before my 7 month window opened they eliminated the 50% borrowing restriction. But I feel that booking for 2024 might have more availability as we go.

Do check, though. Don't just rely on the waitlist.
Will do and thanks for the reminder! I haven't had a waitlist in a while!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter