Princess Weekend 2024!

It's a little late now for people now, but at the Disneyland races, I used arm sleeves and they worked really well. I bought some that matched my outfits (I got a package of six different colors on Amazon). I started the race in them and as soon as I got warm enough (I live in Buffalo, NY so that was pretty early in the race), I peeled them off and tied them to my hydration belt.

I used mylar in the corrals, but it was a little cold, even for me, to run in short sleeves at the beginning of the race.

For anybody who’s done yoga—what’s it like getting out afterward? We’re staying at POFQ and I’m the only one doing yoga. The other three will want to take advantage of early entry at Epcot. Will I have time to get back, drop off the yoga mat in the room, change clothes, and get on a bus to take advantage of early entry? Would I do better to go on to Epcot, rent a jumbo locker for the yoga mat, and wait for the others?
For the inaugural Princess Yoga in 2022, I was on a bus and more than halfway back to my resort at 7:06am (I only know the exact time because I took a picture of the sunrise part of my “sunrise yoga” 😄) But that was when yoga started at 5am. Having to use the ferry from MK to the TTC really complicates the timing of getting out of yoga.

I'm still in two minds about how much stuff I want to wear... No costumes for me so it's easy, but I don't have much cold weather running gear!

I think at the minute I'll probably stick with foil blankets for the wait, then for the actual run in a running skirt + long sleeved top + very light running jacket, and hopefully I will be OK. This might be the first time I'm wearing that long sleeved top to run - was from W&D!

Unfortunately I don't have leggings... have tights but not sure if I want to run in those. I might try this with the 5k tomorrow since at the very worst I'll just walk if it's too uncomfortable to run in them.

Have a question - I know the foil blankets interfere with the timing chip - but do they also interfere if I have a spare folded one with me? Thinking of trying to carry a spare blanket with me for if it's still cold after the race! (Not sure if Disney provides them, the last time I did a runDisney race they didn't, but the previous time before that they did...)

I'm still in two minds about how much stuff I want to wear... No costumes for me so it's easy, but I don't have much cold weather running gear!

I think at the minute I'll probably stick with foil blankets for the wait, then for the actual run in a running skirt + long sleeved top + very light running jacket, and hopefully I will be OK. This might be the first time I'm wearing that long sleeved top to run - was from W&D!

Unfortunately I don't have leggings... have tights but not sure if I want to run in those. I might try this with the 5k tomorrow since at the very worst I'll just walk if it's too uncomfortable to run in them.

Have a question - I know the foil blankets interfere with the timing chip - but do they also interfere if I have a spare folded one with me? Thinking of trying to carry a spare blanket with me for if it's still cold after the race! (Not sure if Disney provides them, the last time I did a runDisney race they didn't, but the previous time before that they did...)
You could just check it in your gear bag. If you want it on you, it should be okay if it’s folded and you hold it up over your head when you cross the mats. Disney does give them out at the end when it’s cold (if it’s hot, they give out chilled towels at the end).

It's a little late now for people now, but at the Disneyland races, I used arm sleeves and they worked really well.
In a pinch, you can run to Target or Walmart and pick up a pack of men's tube socks. Cut the toe out and voila -- arm warmers! And you won't feel bad tossing them if you warm up.

Last edited:

I've seen people tuck their mylar blanket in their back in their running belt but I don't know if I'd do it.

When it's cold, they usually hand out mylars at the end of the race, so I just reuse the previous day's for the next morning. But i've also brought some throwaway sweatshirts in case.

Curious about everyone's VQ numbers?

(I'm only arriving tonight so not an issue for me, but hope everybody can get the merch they want! :))

I put a Mylar blanket in my pocket, but away from my bib. I don’t like to just toss them away.

I am queue group 88, so I have until about 1:30.

Curious about everyone's VQ numbers?

(I'm only arriving tonight so not an issue for me, but hope everybody can get the merch they want! :))
Group 45 here and it’s saying around 11:30 for callback. Finishing getting ready and having breakfast before getting over there. Figure I have enough time maybe for bib pickup before I get called

When did you register? Many times if you registered when it popped up randomly (i.e. not at traditional sign-up day) and after the POT deadline, then you would end up with a higher than expected bib number but be appropriately assigned. Otherwise, I'm with others to prepare yourself for a visit with runner's relations to see if they can fix it. If the error was their own, then high probability they'll put you in the right place. If the error was on your end, then it's been more of a mixed bag on assistance.
Yes I did register late! It was one of the last days before the charity closed . Thanks so much for the helpful advice !

Yes I did register late! It was one of the last days before the charity closed . Thanks so much for the helpful advice !
I’m curious to know what happens. I’ve registered late twice for challenge bibs (4 weeks before princess and 4 weeks before W&D) and received a low corral A bib number. I entered a POT at the time of registration. I had 20524 for princess and 20616 for W&D. Neither bib had my name on it and my Club RunDisney designation for W&D was a sticker instead of being printed on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter