Princess Weekend 2022

Question for the experts out here: when would be the best time to pick up our bibs at the expo?

We're running the 10k and aren't too fussed about buying merch except maybe a jacket or spirit jersey. I'd prefer avoiding the most crowded moments at the expo. Should I be worried about merch selling out if we go at the end of the day?

Question for the experts out here: when would be the best time to pick up our bibs at the expo?

We're running the 10k and aren't too fussed about buying merch except maybe a jacket or spirit jersey. I'd prefer avoiding the most crowded moments at the expo. Should I be worried about merch selling out if we go at the end of the day?
OK, so, I've never been to Princess Weekend before, but I can speak to Marathon Weekend in January. I'm not a merch person *at all* and I find if I go later in the day on the last day I can go (so the day before my particular race(s) for the weekend) it's very empty. However, the merchandise has been very picked over. It's my judgment that the goal of getting a jacket or spirit jersey (high demand items?) and the goal of avoiding the crowds are going to contradict each other. Decide which you want more and go later if you want to avoid crowds or as early as possible if you want to get specific items.

We do get the benefit of seeing how Wine and Dine and Marathon Weekend Expos go. So we’ll have some idea how limited or fast things sell out. With that being said, my wife helps with buying of clothing and gift at a collegiate store. They work with some of the same vendors as runDisney. And the vendors are seeing delays and limited merch. On the opposite side, things have been selling like CRAZY at the store. So they are struggling to keep up with the demand. That’s not to say runDisney will have the same experience, but her advice is to be at least prepared for limited selection. If you have a specific desire once we see pics of merch a few days/weeks before the expo, then I wouldn’t plan on showing up later in the day.

I'm kinda surprised it's 9:52 and the yoga link hasn't gone live yet, as it usually does prior to race registration.

Just registered for yoga (at 10:20, still open). I'm staying at the Riviera on 2/24 with no car, so not really sure how I'll get to MK! Will likely book an uber in advance the day before - if anyone else is staying at the Riviera and wants to share an uber, let me know!

Got my cousin and I in for yoga!

@Enya, merchandise is hard to figure out at the best of times. Princess was really just getting itself figured out with merchandise and restocking, and then all of *this* happened. Personally I'd go as early as possible to be at the front of the line for official merchandise. Yes it'll be early and you'll have a wait, but Disney does lines well.

Official merchandise(the bulk of it) has been in a completely different building as bib pickup, and both are completely separate from t-shirt and vendors, in case you didn't know. So I'd get the merchandise then go to the bib pickup building then to the vendor merchandise building for your t-shirts (assuming it's all done the same way). Jackets and spirit jerseys tend to be popular items, so I would prioritize them.

Sunrise Yoga question: does anyone have any thoughts on how check-in at the event will work? I thought that maybe it would be part of the packet pick ups at the Expo but the event is prior to the opening day. Thanks so much! :)

Sunrise Yoga question: does anyone have any thoughts on how check-in at the event will work? I thought that maybe it would be part of the packet pick ups at the Expo but the event is prior to the opening day. Thanks so much! :)

Check-in is at the TTC no later than 5am. You will then ride a ferryboat to MK. I'm guessing you'll need to show ID (maybe have a waiver?) just like at the Expo, but that's probably it.

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 10.58.11 AM.png

Check-in is at the TTC no later than 5am. You will then ride a ferryboat to MK. I'm guessing you'll need to show ID (maybe have a waiver?) just like at the Expo, but that's probably it.

View attachment 604806
OK, great! That's how I was reading it too, but want to make sure before we made travel plans. It takes the pressure off of having to arrive in Orlando before a certain time. Thank you!

Thread has been pretty quiet this week...

How is everyone's running going?

When are you planning on starting PW training?

I'm in a bit of a slump atm so I'm just trying to get to my 15k on Saturday, then I'm going to slow down in October before I ramp up training again in time for end of February

I'm in a bit of a slump atm so I'm just trying to get to my 15k on Saturday, then I'm going to slow down in October before I ramp up training again in time for end of February
Love this post Bc I need a kick in the butt!!! I’m doing the 10k and I’m up to running a 5k distance and I have no desire to run any further! With the start of school back in session I’ve lost my morning runs.

I was just brainstorming costume ideas, so, that's something right??!!!
Seriously though I'm in the middle of the training plan for my November marathon, then I have the Goofy Challenge in January, before I think about Princess training. I am trying to get ahead on costume planning because I have to give my mom enough lead time to make them for me. She also has to get through Goofy challenge outfits for me first.

I’m training for my first HM on 10/10 (Nantucket!) then I’ll take a few weeks off and start training again in early Nov. Also I live in New England so any tips for training in the bitter cold, I’m all ears. (I’m so afraid I’ll end up on a treadmill for the last 6 weeks and that can’t be good right?)

I just finished my first week of a very long half marathon training plan, basically starting from scratch since there was a 3 week break since my last training plan ended. I did a virtual 5K yesterday and got my best time ever: 43m35s, nearly 3 minutes faster than my previous best.

I also just figured out that the local school has an activities center with an indoor and an outdoor running track, and annual membership comes to just about $20 a month, so I might do that instead of a winter gym membership, since running on a track sounds more appealing than a treadmill.

I’m training for my first HM on 10/10 (Nantucket!) then I’ll take a few weeks off and start training again in early Nov. Also I live in New England so any tips for training in the bitter cold, I’m all ears. (I’m so afraid I’ll end up on a treadmill for the last 6 weeks and that can’t be good right?)

Clothing layers are your friends. I run throughout the winter except for when there's too much ice on the roads. You will need to experiment to find what winter gear works for you. I can run in a long sleeve shirt, tights and a wind-resistant headband, running gloves for many temp conditions--down to about 30, I'd say, because I get warm when I run. But if it's colder, windier, snowier, etc, I also have a heavy wind-resistant running shirt, some warmer underwear, smartwool socks, wind-resistant hat, running mittens So I just adjust to the conditions.

I bought a pair of running cleats for when it's snowy/slight;y icy underfoot. IMO, they seem to work best in packed snow conditions. If it's icy outside, I just don't run outdoors.

Treadmills can be your friend. Use them when your need. They can keep you on track with your workouts when the outdoors just won't cooperate. I have done a 15 mile run on a treadmill, and while it required some creativity to keep it from being too boring, it kept me on track (my secret was to break it into 5 mile segments and switch treadmills. I was at a gym, so that worked for me)

You'll find a way to make it work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts