Princess Weekend 2020

How do we feel about when this race will sell out? Not sure I can commit now (still have DVC advantage for the next 48+ hours). And princess this year didn’t sell out until the very end, correct? I ran Wine & Dine this past year (2018) and I feel like it didn’t sell out u til the last minute. But for 2019, it sold out quickly, I assume because it’s an anniversary year? Thoughts on 2020 Princess? I need more time! Lol

The 5km and 10Km will sell out Guaranteed. Every single year in every single race it does. I think because they used a classic princess and the fairies for the challenge; it will sell out this year too but maybe not as fast.

As soon as people saw the themes for the Wine and Dine challenge this year... it sold out in three days. Releasing the themes early will have an impact, but again... this is just my opinion.

If you register someone then you will be in charge of the registration; not that person.

You can change it over, FYI. I did that last year with my cousin, and have to again b/c...I'm not sure why.

So my question is, do I need any sort of ticket to be a spectator?

Chear is for the Half only, I believe.

I suddenly can't remember what races you said. If they are doing the Half AND their estimated finish times have them still in Epcot by the time it opens, AND if you want to be in Epcot to watch them go by, then yes you need an Epcot ticket. If you see them go through Epcot, you will NOT make it to the finish in time, so it's one or the other, FYI.

But you can go to MK without a ticket to watch them go through there for the Half.

You don't have to buy any Chear package. Those packages get you blankets and clappers and a certain spot to watch from, but others can stand right next to that spot for free. Their platinum package usually includes access to Race Retreat for the Half, if the runners are also buying that. But you don't get to go in before the race with them.

They will populate the Spectator Info page as time goes on.

Or do I just stay in the hotel and wait?

I would. Those are some early mornings and there's not a lot to do for spectators. Can't see the start, the finish is in the Epcot parking lot...it's just not that fun-looking IMO. My then-husband and our son spectated for my first rundisney event, but that was a night race with a party after the start, so they were at the party, and surprised me by making their way to the finish. Alas, I didn't know they were there and didn't see them, and they heard my name called but didn't see me (I was between two tall runners), and we ended up meeting out where the runner meetup spot was, anyway. If it hadn't been for the party I would have wanted them to just do something else fun. Or sleep.

Does anyone have a list of all the characters from last year’s Princess 10k?
What are the differences in characters between the 5k and 10k?
I’m trying to figure out a strategy to see characters and finish the race.
Thank you in advance!

Does anyone have a list of all the characters from last year’s Princess 10k?
What are the differences in characters between the 5k and 10k?
I’m trying to figure out a strategy to see characters and finish the race.
Thank you in advance!
There was a list “leaked” on social media of the tentative characters for the 5K and 10K. I didnt stop for a lot so I can’t confirm all of them but I’ll share the list here and put in bold who I did see. Hopefully others can fill in the gaps!

Pre/Post Race - Princess Minnie, Ariel, Belle, Elena of Avalor (Race theme character), Merida, Pocahontas, Tiana
On Course - Baymax, Norway Daisy, Mushu, Jasmine & Aladdin, Aurora & Phillip, Flynn & Rapunzel, Pocahontas

Pre/Post Race - Princess Minnie, Aurora, Ariel, Cinderella, Elena of Avalor, Snow White, Mulan (race theme character)
On Course - Belle & Beast, Stitch, Tourist Donald, Joy & Sadness, Vikings, Pinocchio, Jasmine & Aladdin, Marie, Baseball Goofy, Minnie & Mickey

There was a list “leaked” on social media of the tentative characters for the 5K and 10K. I didnt stop for a lot so I can’t confirm all of them but I’ll share the list here and put in bold who I did see. Hopefully others can fill in the gaps!

Pre/Post Race - Princess Minnie, Ariel, Belle, Elena of Avalor (Race theme character), Merida, Pocahontas, Tiana
On Course - Baymax, Norway Daisy, Mushu, Jasmine & Aladdin, Aurora & Phillip, Flynn & Rapunzel, Pocahontas

Pre/Post Race - Princess Minnie, Aurora, Ariel, Cinderella, Elena of Avalor, Snow White, Mulan (race theme character)
On Course - Belle & Beast, Stitch, Tourist Donald, Joy & Sadness, Vikings, Pinocchio, Jasmine & Aladdin, Marie, Baseball Goofy, Minnie & Mickey
Thank you so much!

I've never run this weekend as it conflicts with Gaspirilla in Tampa but if you want a character list from the first three Wine and Dine 10Ks or 2018 Dark Side 5 & 10K let me know

Does anyone know if it is possible to register for the half and then upgrade to the fairy tale challenge shortly after?

You can but they will charge you a $45 transfer fee. You will need to register for the challenge first; then contact Run Disney and they will provide you with a transfer form to fill out. You will get the money for the half back less the transfer fee so IF you can; it makes more sense to just register for the challenge now.

Joining in - hoping to make my first ever 5K ( I am not a runner) happen next year at Disney. Added this to my bucket list and fingers crossed that I can register and make it happen. DH is joining me for support - he loves Disney but princesses wouldn't be his theme of choice but its the only race weekend I can guarantee traveling for.

Can't believe registration is tomorrow. Not gonna lie, I'm not sure how sold I am on the themes. I feel like it has caused some hesitation in me that was not there previously. I love my more generic medals from 2015 that were just the enchanted, princess half, and glass slipper challenge. Race weekend is so much more than the medals, but I just feel a little meh about them. I'm sure I'll get over it, just needed a little vent!

@rteetz and I are working together to get a group hotel block put together like we did for Marathon Weekend this year, if enough people are interested. I've requested POP, Caribbean Beach and Wilderness and I imagine the rate will be similar to what we have for the group in January. DM us if you're interested!

@rteetz and I are working together to get a group hotel block put together like we did for Marathon Weekend this year, if enough people are interested. I've requested POP, Caribbean Beach and Wilderness and I imagine the rate will be similar to what we have for the group in January. DM us if you're interested!

Intriguing idea. Does this have to be exactly over the days of the run, or could it be days leading up to or out of the weekend?

Is this strictly for marathon runners/seasoned rundisney people or would it be open to new comers only doing the 5 and/or 10k?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter