Princess Weekend 2020

It’s easier now, when you get to that point you no longer have to choose a range of time. The prompt will say if you plan on finishing the half in less than 2:45 you are required to submit a proof of time. Then there will be a question “are you planning on submitting POT now?” Or something to that effect at which time you can put in your current time so you have something in. Then you can update that POT anytime before the cutoff and they will corral you based on that. If you haven’t registered for a race on the new system just remember that you need to be signed into your rundisney account, not your active account.
Good luck to all tomorrow, I know I’ll get that 10:00 rush of adrenaline while the little circle spins on my screen

Super helpful and exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks!!

What does the theme really dictate? Since the 5k is Moana themed, does that mean the meet and greets will be all Moana themed?

Only thing it means with meet and greets is that there is a chance that Moana will actually be meeting during the weekend - which seeing as she is a rare character only out at parties, is potentially awesome!

The themes are mainly shirt, medal and merchandise. The pre- and post-race characters are related to the race, but the on-course characters really have no relation to the themes. During Princess this year, the on-course characters were very generic. The only Princess related meet I remember is the Princes, which had a neverending line.

The themes are mainly shirt, medal and merchandise. The pre- and post-race characters are related to the race, but the on-course characters really have no relation to the themes. During Princess this year, the on-course characters were very generic. The only Princess related meet I remember is the Princes, which had a neverending line.
I've never run Princess, but I can report what I've seen as far as race themes with rare characters and what I've seen on race weekends.

2019 5K Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. He was only available to meet before and after the 5K itself in the staging area. I did not see him at all during the other 3 races that weekend or in the parks.

2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend. Executioner Stormtroooper, Elite Praetorian Guard, and Captain Phasma were on the 5K medal, 10K medal, and Half Marathon medals respectively. If we want to get very technical, an executioner stormtrooper has a different helmet than regular stormtroopers. While there were some fan cosplayers with the executioner stormtrooper helmet along the course, Disney did not have any stormtroopers in in the staging area photo lines. No elite praetorian guards at all. Captain Phasma was only available at the photo lines before and after the race. Although she also appears in the March of the First Order at DHS, she was not added to the Star Wars Launch Bay rotation even that weekend.

2017 Star Wars The Light Side Weekend at Disneyland: BB-8 was on the 10K medal. Only available during the race with extremely long lines. Even though they had a BB-8 droid, they did not even put him in Star Wars Launch Bay that weekend.

Aside from Kylo Ren, all the characters at the before and after race staging areas were not available to meet in the parks for both the 2017 and 2018 Star Wars Dark Side race weekends even though they had costumes for them.

2015 Star Wars Half Marathon at Disneyland: No Star Wars characters in the park for meet and greets at all even though many characters had been available that morning during the race if you wanted to wait in the line.

Honestly, if you want a photo with rare characters tied to a race and they are in the staging area, get that photo before or after the race. Do not plan on said character being in the parks after the race.

What does the theme really dictate? Since the 5k is Moana themed, does that mean the meet and greets will be all Moana themed?
As others said, the theme dictates the medal and the merchandise. If you're paying attention to the stage before the race starts they usually invite the character of the race to the stage to greet everyone. The meet and greets are usually random. There are characters you can meet with before and after the race, and then characters during the race. A lot of people tend to wear costumes that match the theme, which means those photo lines tend to be longer than others. I try to get any photos I want in the before/after spots before the race begins because after the race there's no guarantee they'll still be meeting when you get back. The tricky part is most lines switch out between two characters, so it's a 50/50 chance you'll get the character you're looking for after waiting in the very long line! My first runDisney race I was standing behind someone who was visibly upset when the character she was waiting to meet left for her break right when she was the next to go. She ended up walking off the line after waiting all that time! I hope she was able to get her photo after the run!

Is it bad that I’m considering the logistics and physical and financial strain of heading to the Expo Thursday, Friday running the 5K checking out hopping to Magic Kingdom for a few character photos driving to Tampa to make it to the Gasparilla expo before that closes checking into hotel # 2 then doing the 15k/8k Challenge I was signed up for Saturday/Sunday

Guys. I think I have my costumes!

The kokamora for the 5k (a group of us!), the colors of the wind for the 10k, and the half is TBD... maybe a before/after cinderella or Anastasia/Drizella (two of us)

Is it bad that I’m considering the logistics and physical and financial strain of heading to the Expo Thursday, Friday running the 5K checking out hopping to Magic Kingdom for a few character photos driving to Tampa to make it to the Gasparilla expo before that closes checking into hotel # 2 then doing the 15k/8k Challenge I was signed up for Saturday/Sunday

You will NOT be the only one who has done that.

Just like there were people who would do the Disneyland November half and then fly to Vegas for the night rock and roll Half...

I've convinced my mom to try a 5k with me! :D

Potentially dumb question: will I be able to register both of us at the same time, or will I have to do one at a time? She has a profile in my Disney account from a previous trip. I'm afraid it'll sell out before I get both of us in! I'll be doing regular registration next week.

You can register more than one person at once; just make sure you scroll back up (to the top of the page) after completing your registration and click on 'add registration.'

If you register someone then you will be in charge of the registration; not that person. It's the same process that you use to add multiple courses to one registration.

Having this process with run Disney and not Active (the old provider) is a dream! It's so much easier and practically effortless!

I am new to all of the marathons. That being said, I am going with my daughter and a group that are running in the events, first time (disney marathons) for all of them. I am going as a spectator and head cheerleader. So my question is, do I need any sort of ticket to be a spectator? Are spectators even allowed? My daughter and 2 of her friends are running all 3, while the other 2 are just doing the 5k. Or do I just stay in the hotel and wait?

I am new to all of the marathons. That being said, I am going with my daughter and a group that are running in the events, first time (disney marathons) for all of them. I am going as a spectator and head cheerleader. So my question is, do I need any sort of ticket to be a spectator? Are spectators even allowed? My daughter and 2 of her friends are running all 3, while the other 2 are just doing the 5k. Or do I just stay in the hotel and wait?

I'm sure someone with a lot more knowledge will chime in, but you can purchase the cheer spectator package, but I think it would be per race. I'm not sure if what comes with it would be worth it to you. If you did purchase, I probably wouldn't bother for the 5K, because that would be super early in the morning, and it will be over pretty quickly. You'll be able to follow all of them via text messages with their bib numbers for the 10K, 1/2, and full. It will text you when they start, and then when they cross certain mile markers along the way. There would be several places along the way that I remember seeing spectators cheering us on. I remember there were several people outside the GF, and several at the Ticket and transportation center. I don't think you would need any kind of pass to be in those places(those were along the 1/2 marathon route). Hopefully someone else will chime in with what you would actually get with the spectator package and whether or not they think it would be worth it.

I'm sure someone with a lot more knowledge will chime in, but you can purchase the cheer spectator package, but I think it would be per race. I'm not sure if what comes with it would be worth it to you. If you did purchase, I probably wouldn't bother for the 5K, because that would be super early in the morning, and it will be over pretty quickly. You'll be able to follow all of them via text messages with their bib numbers for the 10K, 1/2, and full. It will text you when they start, and then when they cross certain mile markers along the way. There would be several places along the way that I remember seeing spectators cheering us on. I remember there were several people outside the GF, and several at the Ticket and transportation center. I don't think you would need any kind of pass to be in those places(those were along the 1/2 marathon route). Hopefully someone else will chime in with what you would actually get with the spectator package and whether or not they think it would be worth it.
Thank you so much for the info!! I did see the Cheer spectator package, and signed up to get more information on it!!

How do we feel about when this race will sell out? Not sure I can commit now (still have DVC advantage for the next 48+ hours). And princess this year didn’t sell out until the very end, correct? I ran Wine & Dine this past year (2018) and I feel like it didn’t sell out u til the last minute. But for 2019, it sold out quickly, I assume because it’s an anniversary year? Thoughts on 2020 Princess? I need more time! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter