Princess Weekend 2020

xjillianpaige

adventure is out there
I didn't see a thread for this yet, so I decided to get one started! Anyone else planning on running? I'm going to aim for the fairytale challenge + the 5k! I have a huge group going as well to run various races.

Princess Weekend: February 20-23, 2020

Prices:
5k - $87 sold out
10k - $127 sold out
Half - $205 sold out
Challenge - $350 sold out
Kids Dashes - $20 sold out
Kids One Mile - $30 sold out

ChEAR Squad - $70
Runners Square - $85 (10k / Half) - $160 (Challenge)

Bib Pick Up:
  • Thursday, February 20, 2020
    10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
  • Friday, February 21, 2020
    10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
  • Saturday, February 22, 2020
    9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Proof of Time:
For those running the half marathon or challenge with an anticipated finish time of less than 2 hours and 45 minutes, proof of time is required for corral placement. From the RunDisney website:
Proof of time can be submitted and/or updated by November 19, 2019. Only races run between February 1, 2018 and November 19, 2019 can be used as proof.

Corral Placements:

Digital Race Guide:

Click here to view the digital race guide.
Click here for waivers.
Click here for runner tracking.

Medals:
Click here to see the Disney blog post featuring the medals.

5k:

10k:

half:

challenge:

kids:

edited 6/16: updated information
edited 10/19: medal photos + link
edited 2/1: race guide

Last edited:
Started to think that maybe Ill do the 5k with my mom. She has taken to walking a lot around the block and this might be a fun weekend for us. I *think* i want to do the half or the challenge, but want to give it a bit more before making that decision.

I'm planning on the 5k with my mom and the challenge by myself! My mom decided after watching me finish the Wine & Dine half last year she wants to try to do a 5K. Walking at about a 22 min mile is strenuous for her due to health issues like asthma and an illness about 5 years ago that compromised her lungs (and she's actually going to be undergoing surgery at the end of next month to remove a small lung tumor as her doctors just found that...) so I hope she will be up to it. She's very determined but I want her to be safe and not hurt herself trying to get to a faster pace that seems so far away for her, plus recovering from lung surgery. She wants to walk a Turkey Trot this Thanksgiving too!

I am 99 percent sure I am going to buy an AP (because I am doing the WDW marathon) so I might as well do Princess too! I will likely do the challenge.

Yay the thread was started. :)

My cousin has talked me into the 5k and Half. We’ll get total fomo about the 10k, but oh well.

We’ve even started talking strategy and POT events/timing and trying to get faster. It’s exciting.

I think that my wife and her friends want to run this next year instead of the one in January. Maybe I can swing both.

I'm thinking about the 5K and Half, but likely won't be able to make the decision until at least October/November, maybe later (I know, super last minute, but it's dependent on my travel partner's school schedule), so I'm kinda hoping things don't sell out.

I’m toying with the idea of Princess weekend - possibly all 3 races. But at the very least, the half!

Thinking this might work better than marathon weekend for me.

But I won’t make a decision for a while though - depends on work, kid schedules, etc. I do know the weekend falls during our school vacation, and my parents now have a FL place....so chances are good!

The 2019 princess 1/2 was my first Disney race and first 1/2 marathon. It was kind of a bucket list item for me, and I wasn’t planning on running it again, at least in the near future. Then I figured out that the weekend is the same as our Mardi Gras break(beginning of the next week)we will be out of school (I’m a teacher). It wouldn’t be such a rushed weekend because I would have the cushion of a few extra days. We are DVC members so I went ahead and booked VWL just in case we decide to run it again. Now I’m thinking I might even do the challenge??? Not sure what I’m thinking!

Last edited:
The 2019 princess 1/2 was my first Disney race and first 1/2 marathon. It was kind of s bucket list item for me, and I wasn’t planning on running it again, at least in the near future. Then I figured out that the weekend is the same as our Mardi Gras break(beginning of the next week)we will be out of school (I’m a teacher). It wouldn’t be such a rushed weekend because I would have the cushion of a few extra days. We are DVC members so I went ahead and booked VWL just in case we decide to run it again. Now I’m thinking I might even do the challenge??? Not sure what I’m thinking!

That’s how rundisney gets you.

I don’t even particularly *like* Princess. I want January weekend. But my cousin keeps asking and I keep saying ok. I mean, it IS her bday weekend.

I "ran" all three races in 2018. (I was in an auto accident and could not train or run, I had to walk them at the briskest pace I could tolerate) I am planning on doing the challenge with my boyfriend and have already started training. I haven't booked my room yet, as I am a DVC member I usually wait for the 7 month window and see what's available at other resorts LOL.

For AP early registration, my AP expires in December. I'm not sure if I'll be renewing. Can I still register early?

Also are there only a certain amount of "AP" spots?

(And do we know what that date is yet?)

Last edited:
That’s how rundisney gets you.

I don’t even particularly *like* Princess. I want January weekend. But my cousin keeps asking and I keep saying ok. I mean, it IS her bday weekend.

I would really like to do something with a different running course. I actually thought the last 4 miles of the half were boring. That said, I'm a cheer coach, so missing a football weekend in order to do Wine and Dine is out until my kid graduates from high school in a couple of years. But I'm starting to "get" the run Disney obsession for sure. Of course, we are DVC and usually have annual passes, so we drank the koolaid a long time ago.

Does anyone know if the challenge sold out last year? After going 'round and 'round with my travel partner, it looks like we are going to pass on the Marathon weekend and do the Princess instead (yes, there was some serious FOMO going on yesterday as MW registration opened). However, I am going to be traveling on 6/4 and trying to fight with Disney IT that morning might be tricky. I'm wondering how concerned I should be if I can't register exactly at 10 a.m.

Thanks!

For AP early registration, my AP expires in December. I'm not sure if I'll be renewing. Can I still register early?

I'm pretty sure you'll be allowed to register early with your current AP. I just looked on the DVC website and it says early registration is May 30th. Both AP and DVC were the same day last year for early registration. I have no idea how many spots there are though, but I do think there is some sort of limit. The half wasn't even sold out until maybe a week or two before the race this year though.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the challenge sold out last year? After going 'round and 'round with my travel partner, it looks like we are going to pass on the Marathon weekend and do the Princess instead (yes, there was some serious FOMO going on yesterday as MW registration opened). However, I am going to be traveling on 6/4 and trying to fight with Disney IT that morning might be tricky. I'm wondering how concerned I should be if I can't register exactly at 10 a.m.

Thanks!
I think you'll be okay with the challenge, it's just the 5k, and 10k that sell out so fast.

I think you'll be okay with the challenge, it's just the 5k, and 10k that sell out so fast.

Thanks! I thought so, but wanted to double-check. This is assuming, of course, that my travel partner doesn't change her mind about not running the shorter races. If she does, all bets are off! :crazy2:

After completing their first 5K at the Rival Run weekend, my parents are looking to move on to the 10K. They felt yesterday was too quick to commit again (Marathon weekend registration) so it looks like we are planning on Princess Weekend 2020. My husband and I will be in for the challenge, and the 5K if we can manage registration.

I haven't booked my room yet, as I am a DVC member I usually wait for the 7 month window and see what's available at other resorts LOL.

Brave!

I have (for 5 years now) booked at 11 months, then (will be three years in July) start looking forward inchange at 7 months. :)

It’s usually the week before.

And yes there are a certain number of AP/DVC spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!