Princess Gathering

TheSpooph

Mouseketeer
I tried to sign up for the Princess Gathering this morning on my 75 day mark. I forgot to look at midnight this morning.... I was busy looking for Palo for everyone. ;)

Anyway, the Princess Gathering on the days it’s offered is sold out. Do they have additional ‘tickets’ on embarkation day? (Sorry if this is answered somewhere - I looked but didn’t see it)

Last edited:
I tried to sign up for the Princess Gathering this morning on my 75 day mark. I forgot to look at midnight this morning.... I was busy looking for Palo for everyone. ;)

Anyway, the Princess Gathering on the days it’s offered is sold out. Do they have additional ‘tickets’ on embarkation day? (Sorry if this is answered somewhere - I looked but didn’t see it)
I don’t know if extra tickets become available, but on our last cruise (on the Wonder), all four princesses had additional “public” appearances in addition to the ticketed gathering. So it is likely you’ll have an opportunity to meet all the princesses even without a gathering ticket if you just keep an eye on your navigator.

Yes, there are tickets available once you get on board. We sailed on the dream last June and the gathering was sold out ahead of time. As soon as we got on the ship we went to the port adventures desk and got tickets pretty easy.

Yes, there are tickets available once you get on board. We sailed on the dream last June and the gathering was sold out ahead of time. As soon as we got on the ship we went to the port adventures desk and got tickets pretty easy.

In the past, they have had tickets available at the Port Adventures desk once you board. Go as soon as you board.

That’s great information! I will definitely do that when we get in the ship. Thank you!

I don’t know if extra tickets become available, but on our last cruise (on the Wonder), all four princesses had additional “public” appearances in addition to the ticketed gathering. So it is likely you’ll have an opportunity to meet all the princesses even without a gathering ticket if you just keep an eye on your navigator.

Even without a ticket...you will be able to get pics with princesses. Just watch hour navigator for times.

I read somewhere else that a ticket was necessary and they saw people get turned away. I’m guessing there is a distinction between a ticketed princess meet and greet and a non-ticketed event when they list the events in the Navigator?

Also keep checking the website. They sometimes add more. Check the week before but be aware the site closes for everything 3 days before your cruise.

I read somewhere else that a ticket was necessary and they saw people get turned away. I’m guessing there is a distinction between a ticketed princess meet and greet and a non-ticketed event when they list the events in the Navigator?
Some of the princesses have their own non-ticketed meet times, and they walk around sometimes stopping for pictures.
But if you want to guarantee seeing them all I would try and get tickets onboard, or keep checking online.

The ticketed event won’t be listed in the navigator (and yes, you’ll be turned away without a ticket). If you see a princess event in the navigator, you can go without the ticket.

PP are talking about two different things. The Princess Gathering has all of the princesses (usually 3-4 from my experience and other things I’ve read) lined up, and your party moves from one princess to the next. It’s nice because my dds got all done up for it and looked nice in all the pictures. They also met pretty much all the princesses separately when they were listed in the navigator (all but one I believe). No tickets needed for these. Sometimes these coincided with dinner time or us running back from the pool, so the final photos featured tomato sauce on her dress or a bathing suit/cover up. There are tickets for the gahering held for embarkation day. Also, keep checking back, my parents were able to get tickets a few weeks before cruising bc people do move plans around.

When I can book this for my upcoming cruise in October, do I just need one ticket for my kid or three tickets so my wife and I have tickets?

When I can book this for my upcoming cruise in October, do I just need one ticket for my kid or three tickets so my wife and I have tickets?

If this is your first cruise, you can book at midnight 75 days before your cruise.

Yes, you need a ticket for every person you want in line. If you and your wife want to be in line with your kid, you'll need 3. If only one of you wants to be in line with the kid, you'd only need 2.

If this is your first cruise your booking window opens 75 days prior at 12:01am ET

Are there typically many boys at the princess gatherings? My boys are pretty young and this will be their first time meeting characters. They know some of the princesses, but it's hard to gauge their interest since they've never been to Disney.

I’m not sure about DCL but my son was a little shy with characters when we did WDW a few years ago. He was about 30 months at the time. He knew who they were but he wasn’t sure he wanted to be TOO close. That went for every character.... Mickey Mouse (who he LOVED) to Cinderella. :)

Also keep checking the website. They sometimes add more. Check the week before but be aware the site closes for everything 3 days before your cruise.

This is what happened to me. All the gatherings were sold out when I first checked and I kept checking back and was able to reserve one for my niece. More may become available or people change their mind.

Are there typically many boys at the princess gatherings? My boys are pretty young and this will be their first time meeting characters. They know some of the princesses, but it's hard to gauge their interest since they've never been to Disney.

We put my son in a prince outfit and he had a great time being fussed over by the princesses.

Thanks for the responses on tickets. My son went to WDW in May 2017 (3.5 yo) and loved meeting all the characters including the princesses. He had great in interactions with Elena (who I'd never heard of) and Cinderella along with the others. We then had dinner our last night in Cinderella Castle and he again had great experiences with the princesses. He loved Ariel and she came back to the table a couple more times to talk to him.

On our cruise in October he will be 5 and maybe things will change with the princesses (although we'll be in WDW the week before and will know then), but I'd like to get to know in case it's the same as 2017.

I'd assume there will be fewer boys in line, but even if he's the only boy it will be worth it if he has great interactions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter