Princess Dresses in the Parks?

My daughter wore the store bought princess and fairy costumes (and lightweight shirts underneath for modesty) all day for most days on our trips. If they were itchy, she sometimes wore a cami or tank underneath. She's now 7 and to cool for it anymore. ;)

DD has an Elsa costume and is getting an Anna costume (found on clearance after Christmas for $9 at a local store!) when we are on the trip. It is her "princess treat" for our first MK day. I plan to bring the costumes on our MK days in case she asks to wear one of them.

I also bought her princess-themed outfits for our two MK days. She picked out both at Target, but they've been squirreled away in the Disney trip bin in our basement, so she has forgotten about them! One is a Frozen dress that's really just a t-shirt with attached tutu skirt. The other is a princess shirt with Aurora and Belle and somebody else on it. She tried on a purple tutu to match but said she'd rather just wear shorts.

I figure it'll be easy enough to slip on the costume over her dress or shorts if she wants to wear it. Or she might just be happy in the outfits with princesses on them and not want to change. We don't do costume shoes, either - she plays with them at daycare, but I don't buy them because I'm weird about foot development. She was begging for some at Target the other day and would want to wear them all the time, especially at Disney.

My mom made my daughter like seven dresses. I plan on letting her wear them to meet the princesses and then change out of them. I'm going to bring those space bags you squeeze the air out of.

Definitely no dress up shoes.

I'm in the process of sewing several dresses for my Little Monster, who would definitely wear them all day, every day, if she could. December is going to be her first trip, and she'll be 4.5. Just finished her Elsa today and started on the Belle. image.jpg

Of course, I'll take a change of regular clothes with us to the parks every day, but I'm not anticipating she'll want them unless she spills a drink or something. Am happy December is cooler, so we don't have to worry about the sweat/itchy issue.

Am still looking for "ideal" shoes - something that will coordinate with everything and keep her feet happy. Saw some glittery croc Mary Janes online, but sold out in her size. Anyone tried those?

Maybe I'm a mean mom, but I didn't pack any princess dresses for my 5yo DD last year. I knew she wouldn't wear it all day (I joke that she becomes a wilting flower in the heat) and I didn't want to have to carry it around for hours after she took it off. With a younger one still in diapers, I had enough stuff to carry around already. We sometimes saw girls in princess dresses and my DD would comment on them, but she didn't get upset over not having one to wear.

After hearing all the good reviews of Little Dress Up Shop I went ahead and ordered my 5 year old a Rapunzel and Belle dress.
They are amazing!!! They're super soft and comfy!! I wish I had known about it sooner.
I don't know how long my daughter will actually wear them in the parks but even if it's just 10 minutes it will be worth it :)

We were there Oct 2014 and my 6 and 3 yo daughters wore their princess costumes from the Disney Store every day (with sneakers or Crocs). I always brought a change of clothes but they never wanted them. They loved all the attention they got from the CM's. It was fun!

Our DDGs were 5 and 3 the last time we went and they both wore their princess dresses to CRT for breakfast with shorts and tee underneath. The 5 year old got hot and was out of her dress the first day by 11 am but the 3 year old wore hers until nap time back at the resort. On BBB day the 5 year old made it until noon and was done with it but the 3 year old was into it and wore her dress the entire day (that poor dress was a mess but washed up beautifully). She really reveled in the attention she received from CMs as well as other park goers that day.

I bought a Cinderella dress (not costume) that target had out for the new live action Cinderella movie, which was approved by my 8 year old. She will wear that to our park fare dinner. She also has a Minnie Mouse top and petit skirt for our garden grille dinner, and an actual Elsa costume for whenever. She generally doesn't dress up until dinner time and then will wear it until bedtime--that way she is comfortable during the day for running around etc. she would not dress up in public at home, but at Disney it's different

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter