Priceline Express Deals

Congratulations! We're considering Dec. 28 to Jan. 1st. I think I see POP for $209. Is that a decent deal for that time of year? If I can find some codes to bring it down a bit, we may try it.
Thanks for posting. I brought up your dates and found some good buys, especially for Christmas week!
Pop $209
Grand Floridian $627
CSR $259
CBR $269
OKW $381

I am not interested in these myself. I'm a glutton for punishment and hoping beyond hope POR or POFQ will be open by then. But these are some good rates.

Reactions: CJK
Congratulations! We're considering Dec. 28 to Jan. 1st. I think I see POP for $209. Is that a decent deal for that time of year? If I can find some codes to bring it down a bit, we may try it.

The average nightly rate for our week (Christmas Eve to NYE) in a standard was $362/night including tax through Disney. Our nightly cost through Hotwire with tax is $225. It was cheaper for us to book two rooms at Pop through Hotwire than 2 rooms at ASMo through Disney. We took into account the fee that HW was charging, but that was pretty much negated through the 10% off code through the HW app and it was off the total with no limit.

Bonus points--HW didn't require us to pay additional for our Disney adult niece (older than 10) as the third person in a room.

You'll want to compare the numbers through the Disney site vs. the total cost through Hotwire to decide if it's a good fit for you. We booked it knowing that there are not historically good room discounts for our dates and once booked we can't make any changes.

Can anyone direct me to some Hotwire codes?
ETA: I found some discount codes. We've booked through the app previously. Thanks a million to everyone on this thread!!

Last edited:
Anyone see anything good for Columbus day weekend (Oct 8-12)? There's GF for 40% off on Hotwire and at one point I saw Coronado for $195, but nothing else.

Anyone see anything good for Columbus day weekend (Oct 8-12)? There's GF for 40% off on Hotwire and at one point I saw Coronado for $195, but nothing else.

A few weeks ago there were deals on Hotwire for CBR and Cabins as well as GF and Coronado. It looked like Swan was there when I checked yesterday for Oct 6-12 but it’s not a great deal.

Anyone good with off site hotels? A friend asked for help looking for an off-site hotel in Disney Springs area. Something close to Disney Springs with free parking for tomorrow night for under $100 with everything included.
I am totally lost with off site hotels and DS areas. Does anyone see anything good?

I'm trying to book June 5th through the 7th. I'm not seeing anything that looks like a WDW hotel.
Am I correct or not looking correctly? Thanks in advance for any assistance

I'm trying to book June 5th through the 7th. I'm not seeing anything that looks like a WDW hotel.
Nada on the opaque deals. Maybe give it a little more time before booking? Or book a refundable room through Disney and wait to see what comes up later.

Lately Hotwire has been limiting most of the real deals to the apps rather in a desktop - I just looked in the app for 6/5-7 and saw Movies for $175 at 11% off - which is NOT a deal at all.
I also saw Coronado for $219 (23% off), which ain't a terrific deal to me, but I'm a little cheap when it comes to room rates. ;)

After all taxes and fees the Hotwire deal was about $548 (didn't try any codes.) Hotwire's non-hidden rate is $284 for those dates. Disney doesn't have any standard rooms listed, the cheapest available is a Tower Water View for $294, which comes out to $664.

(Can you tell I just happened to do a bunch of research for my last blog post? :D )

Anyway, the Hotwire deal might be a little savings- but I'd probably wait and see myself.
Things could change over the next month or two, so I'd keep checking as the dates get closer. Good luck!

Lately Hotwire has been limiting most of the real deals to the apps rather in a desktop - I just looked in the app for 6/5-7 and saw Movies for $175 at 11% off - which is NOT a deal at all.
I also saw Coronado for $219 (23% off), which ain't a terrific deal to me, but I'm a little cheap when it comes to room rates. ;)

After all taxes and fees the Hotwire deal was about $548 (didn't try any codes.) Hotwire's non-hidden rate is $284 for those dates. Disney doesn't have any standard rooms listed, the cheapest available is a Tower Water View for $294, which comes out to $664.

(Can you tell I just happened to do a bunch of research for my last blog post? :D )

Anyway, the Hotwire deal might be a little savings- but I'd probably wait and see myself.
Things could change over the next month or two, so I'd keep checking as the dates get closer. Good luck!

View attachment 568090

Hmmm this is odd. Maybe I’m doing something wrong...
When I originally looked for these dates, it showed 1 total hotel when I filtered for 3 stars and above and Bonnet Creek. It would only show a 5 star opaque deal. It wouldn’t show it as an open listing.
When you posted this I thought maybe was app was glitchy and re-check tomorrow. But still the same thing this morning.
The app will only show me 30 total hotels with no filters on. Two of them regular listings and the rest opaque.
Any idea what I’m doing wrong here?

Last edited:
The app will only show me 30 total hotels with no filters on. Two of them regular listings and the rest opaque.

Not sure - but I experienced the same thing after Hotwire removed all of the Disney resorts from the site for several hours last week.

When I research deals for blog posts, I usually run multiple searches simultaneously to find as much as I can quickly. After the reset I was getting completely different deals on my Android phone app, iPad app and on the desktop browser.
If I ran the same search multiple times, things came and went on each too - the desktop had the least deals by far. My phone app saw the most Movies deals, my iPad saw the most Yacht Club - but both of those were ghosty.

Maybe Hotwire is testing some sort of targeted deal marketing? Or, maybe they hired some of Priceline's chimpanzees, because they have always had weird results over there.

Hmmm this is odd. Maybe I’m doing something wrong...
When I originally looked for these dates, it showed 1 total hotel when I filtered for 3 stars and above and Bonnet Creek. It would only show a 5 star opaque deal. It wouldn’t show it as an open listing.
When you posted this I thought maybe was app was glitchy and re-check tomorrow. But still the same thing this morning.
Not sure - but I experienced the same thing after Hotwire removed all of the Disney resorts from the site for several hours last week.

When I research deals for blog posts, I usually run multiple searches simultaneously to find as much as I can quickly. After the reset I was getting completely different deals on my Android phone app, iPad app and on the desktop browser.
If I ran the same search multiple times, things came and went on each too - the desktop had the least deals by far. My phone app saw the most Movies deals, my iPad saw the most Yacht Club - but both of those were ghosty.

Maybe Hotwire is testing some sort of targeted deal marketing? Or, maybe they hired some of Priceline's chimpanzees, because they have always had weird results over there.
All this week, when searching on Hotwire using my PC and the Google Chrome browser, I've found few total hotels and no Disney hotels. For the late August period I've mainly been looking for, there are only four listings for the Bonnet Creek area, three opaque listings which I've identified as the Waldorf Astoria, the Hilton Bonnet Creek and the Quality Inn, and a transparent listing for the Quality Inn. Looking at different dates and areas, I'm seeing a lot more Hot Rate deals than Standard Rate deals. That is not normal. There is definitely something going on.

That is not normal. There is definitely something going on.
I just ran a bunch of tests on my devices - I think they are monkeying with the database and some of the apps are caching values.

Long story short: I started seeing the cheap AS Movies deals - but it now is showing up as a 3* 4.3-guest instead of a 4.2-guest. (The Movies resort page has had it listed as 4.3 since February - it usually would sync up to the hidden deal database every few days, but never happened until today. BUT, when I noticed my iPad and Android apps were showing different ratings for the same deal I cleared the android cache. Now, I'm getting no Movies deal for the same test date - but if I draw a circle around the resort it shows up again back at the 4.2-guest rating.

Think Hotwire needs some rest time.

I didn't find any Priceline Express deals for Disney-owned resorts for your dates, but then I didn't even find the Waldorf Astoria deal that Sarah found. The only Priceline Express deals I found were for the Wyndham Grand Orlando and the prices weren't that great (17% off).
At least it's not just me! Even the HW ones I saw last week are gone now. Oh well, my birthday trip isn't set in stone by any means. I'll keep checking and maybe I'll go in June instead & melt. :flower1::rotfl:

If you delete the app off your phone and redownload it, the full amount of search returns should came back. (I just tried and it worked for me)
We deal with stuff like this at work all the time (we build apps) and a delete/download usually fixes it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter