Priceline Express Deals

How did ypu search for Yacht? Or which clues help to have a gpod guess for it?

I'm looking to book Beach Club.. thanks!

I followed the guidelines in this thread (maybe this one, I'm not sure, getting confused between the two... perhaps they should be merged?)

I searched on the website on my phone first. No luck at all without being signed in. Although I did hear reports of a glitch, so maybe there was a tech problem that didn't have anything to do with whether or not I was signed in. Not sure... But I did sign in, after reading that others were having more success with that. I did Orlando with my dates, then clicked the Bonnet Creek section, then clicked airport shuttle (the clue for Disney resorts generally). Then I used this amazing chart from @JJTNY:

Same techniques as Disney - compare stars,location, review counts etc to known resorts.
My resort matcher sheets for Hotwire & Priceline also have UOR Area resort tabs on them to help you ID resorts over there...
Hotwire Matcher
Priceline Express Matcher

I actually thought it might be Beach Club so I posted my screen shots to the group and got a response saying that it looked more like Yacht Club. I would have been fine with either! I also noticed that is listed "Beachfront" under amenities and the description said "enjoy golf, dinner theater and water sports" which also seemed to match up. But I was still nervous, so I clicked on the link on the website (from my phone) to download the app and re-did the search, except drawing around YC and BC, excluding BI, and got the same deal in the app. Then I talked to DH about the price increase for hotel costs (we were booked at POP) and got him on board because of the great deal even though it was more than we would have paid before.

Now, mind you, I am a total beginner at this. I was terrified through the whole process - that I would get the wrong resort, that I made a mistake or screwed something up that I can't fix since it is prepaid and final. So I paced and looked at things again and hemmed and hawed, LOL, and it was getting late and I just realized that I would regret it if I didn't take the chance because we probably won't do another visit while our kids are still kids, and I put my info in and pushed the button. Then I hid my eyes for a full minute before peeking out and being very relieved and excited to see Yacht Club!

Can anyone tell me which rooms they think these are please? Using JJTNY’s awesome sheet it gives me quite a few options. I’m probably not narrowing it down correctly though. I *think* this is SSR but want to be sure.

Attachments

• C0FCB7A2-6F9B-410B-9A4B-9A18B34EA615.png
    C0FCB7A2-6F9B-410B-9A4B-9A18B34EA615.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 6A677821-1797-4808-BDB0-ADA21543C2A9.png
    6A677821-1797-4808-BDB0-ADA21543C2A9.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 68
  • C7338356-66D8-456E-B640-75E1D87D3390.png
    C7338356-66D8-456E-B640-75E1D87D3390.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Has anyone had any recent experience with Priceline/Disney wholesale with adding a third person over age 17? We booked the Yacht Club deal and, when a third pal decided they wanted in, I called Disney (not wholesale….that was my third call later), and a lovely CM said I’d have to call Priceline to add the third person and pay them for the third adult. I got on a live chat with Priceline and an extremely helpful agent tried to call Disney and okay the third person but told me she wasn’t allowed to hold more than five minutes (and we all know how that goes….ha) so she said she’d fax over a statement to Disney wholesale okaying the third adult. My next call was to Disney wholesale. They hadn’t received the fax yet, and asked if my third person was over 17…CM Marcelle was awesome though and said he’s not sure why they can’t just add the third person and charge me the extra nightly fee now, but that instead I can just go to the desk at check in and have the third person added as a “day guest” and pay the fee then. I’m good with that…not sure how ME will work but hoping I can get that straightened out as well! Fingers crossed. I really want them to take my money!! Would love to hear how it worked out for anyone in a similar situation! :scared::thanks:
It is funny how hard they make this process sometimes - and at other times they just do it. But have to say: I got Marcelle when I called to add my kids for CSR a few weeks ago, he was great and fast. They should all be Marcelles.

Can anyone tell me which rooms they think these are please? Using JJTNY’s awesome sheet it gives me quite a few options. I’m probably not narrowing it down correctly though. I *think* this is SSR but want to be sure.
I'm not seeing the guest rating in those captures - that's some of the most important info to identify the resort. After searching, I'm guessing it is a 4-star, 4.4-guest?

That happens to be the most common rating in BC - but good news: room types suggest it is something like SSR, or another Villas resort. SSR is most likely IMHO, but we can lock in that guess by scrolling further in the search results.
The crossed out price on the hidden deal was $420, when I scrolled I found an SSR deal for $421. The non-hidden deals for the resorts are usually off buy $1 from the hidden deals (rarely, may be off by $2.)

So: SSR seems a lock.

pretty sure this is the Boardwalk Villas. I already have BWI for $385 a night, but it is tempting to save some more money?
I agree that does seem like BW Villas - I zoomed in even more when I drew the circle to just include the BW resorts and still got it.
With the room type, villas sure seems more likely than regular BW. :)

I agree that does seem like BW Villas - I zoomed in even more when I drew the circle to just include the BW resorts and still got it.
With the room type, villas sure seems more likely than regular BW. :)

It wasn't that big of a price difference so I'll stick with BWI. I like having the flexibility to be able to cancel if I had to. I better not have to! I have tickets to Boo Bash and I want to go! :cool1: :cool1:

I think the greatest "benefit" to the Hotwire Hot Rates over refundables is other than saving the money(We are saving enough to buy LOTS and LOTS of F&W dishes!) is that they eliminate any worrisome thoughts of second guessing yourself and trying to decide:

"Do I want to change my Dates?"

"Do I want to change Resorts?"

Because once the Confetti falls,you either go on those dates and go to that Resort or YOU LOSE YOUR MONEY!lol

With the Rack Rates and even Passholder rates being so HIGH these days,the Hot Rates are such a great avenue!

Special thanks to JJTNY!

Is this BWV because of the "Studio" for room selection or Yacht Club? Dates are 8/7- 8/11
It's not the Yacht Club. In addition to the "studio" clue, the Yacht Club is 4.5 rated, not 4.4. There are four DVC resorts that are 4* 4.4 rated: Boulder Ridge, Kidani, Boardwalk Villas, and Saratoga Springs. I did a search on my PC for your dates and found a 4* 4.4 rated Disney resort at a Hot Rate of $252. That's $5 more than you're finding on the app, but a website search often shows a slightly higher price. I identified that resort as Saratoga Springs using a little triangulation on the map provided:

I'm wondering if anyone has experience in a weird situation like I'm in.

I searched Hotwire for 4 adults (2 adults, (1) 16 year old and (1) 17 year old) and selected a Hot Rate which I was pretty certain was Coronado Springs. At bed type the only options I had were 1 king bed or 'Hotel Choice' so I went with hotel choice since a king obviously wouldn't work. Success, I snagged CS but imagine my surprise that MDE shows a king room. I spoke with the Wholesale team to get this corrected but they are firm that I can't initiate the change, it needs to be initiated by Hotwire. Long story short Hotwire is infuriatingly unhelpful stating that I selected a room for two adults (though I didn't, the search was for 4) and that they won't help. I called Disney back and spoke with two friendly CMs who both assured me that, even though they can't modify a Hotwire res before check in, that this can/will be made right upon check in at the desk and that I won't be stranded with no room for my kids.

I hope this is correct because I can't imagine beginning a vacation by finding out your kids can't stay in your resort! Meanwhile I've looked around Disney's site and Coronado seems to have zero 2 queen beds available for my dates which scares me. This is not to mention that I can't get my kids on the Magical Express from MCO!

*note that my Hotwire confirmation states 2 adults, not 4 despite that I searched for 4. I have no idea why they gave me a result that only sleeps 2 when I clearly searched 4.*

I'm apparently in this situation.

Thanks! I now have two adults and two kids on our reservation, so I think we'll be ok. We've used express deals before at this same hotel, but pre COVID. I'll let everyone know how it goes in 25 days!

@SarahC97 how did it go?

I called to request a daybed as my only note for my room. The CM at WDW mentioned King bed. I questioned it - "but we have 4 people..." CM said there was nothing she could do since it originated from a third party. I did NOT book an advertised King-only room. So back I've gone to Hotwire. Three different reps insisted there was nothing they could do since I "agreed" to a king bed. Huh? When? And why would I with 4 people? Both sides insisting they can't help me. So I've now gone through Wholesale and added the kids. Trip starts August 17. What should I do? Also, I only selected water view, no bed choices. Does this look like what others have seen? I'm wondering if there was a glitch. Why are there two water views? The last rep said that was how many rooms were left in that category, which doesn't seem right. I'm wondering if it was supposed to say water view king & water view queens. Then I might have selected king not realizing.

Screenshot_20210723-194945_Gallery.jpg

@SarahC97 how did it go?

I called to request a daybed as my only note for my room. The CM at WDW mentioned King bed. I questioned it - "but we have 4 people..." CM said there was nothing she could do since it originated from a third party. I did NOT book an advertised King-only room. So back I've gone to Hotwire. Three different reps insisted there was nothing they could do since I "agreed" to a king bed. Huh? When? And why would I with 4 people? Both sides insisting they can't help me. So I've now gone through Wholesale and added the kids. Trip starts August 17. What should I do? Also, I only selected water view, no bed choices. Does this look like what others have seen? I'm wondering if there was a glitch. Why are there two water views? The last rep said that was how many rooms were left in that category, which doesn't seem right. I'm wondering if it was supposed to say water view king & water view queens. Then I might have selected king not realizing.

View attachment 591794
This happened to me once, they faught till the very last second. I decided i was buying both my boys twin air mattress if they did not fix it.... about three days out I decided to call the hotel directly and skip reservations. The manager moved my room type. I dont know if it will work but it's worth a try.

@SarahC97 how did it go?

View attachment 591794
I had called wholesale and had my kids added. No issues once we got to the resort at all.

I don't know what's up with Hotwire and Priceline and the occupancy thing. So annoying especially for WDW but for other places too. For the most part, I almost always need a room for four.

Had booked a transparent booking on PL for a night in Chicago for a specific hotel next week and they just sent me a reminder/itinerary email this morning for my upcoming trip. I *know* I put 4 people, but yet it says 2 adults...sigh (I believe said 2 adults after I booked as well, but my reservation clearly said 2 queen beds, so I wasn't too worried).

The whole changing of occupancy thing has happened to me on blind bookings as well.

Sorry for everyone experiencing it! Aside from beds, it's frustrating when you plan for DME (until that goes away) and (previously) magic bands, etc. In summer 2019 the change in occupancy happened to us with PLE, got CSR and the CM ended up issuing my adult DD a magic band just to use as a key (she had a previous band but didn't work since she wasn't on the reservation and it seemed just easier to hand out a generic one).

Screenshot_20210723-194945_Gallery.jpg

Can anyone else who recently booked Yacht Club tell me if they saw these same room selection options? One of the HW reps insisted that no one could ever choose what kind of beds they wanted, ever, ever, in the three years she has worked there. But I feel like I've seen people post that they had room choices when booking?

View attachment 591943

Can anyone else who recently booked Yacht Club tell me if they saw these same room selection options? One of the HW reps insisted that no one could ever choose what kind of beds they wanted, ever, ever, in the three years she has worked there. But I feel like I've seen people post that they had room choices when booking?
Yes, I had that choice when I booked the Yacht Club. I let the hotel choose and ended up with Water View.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter