Priceline Express Deals

So I am ready to book the flight, its $49 RT on American. We also need a hotel the first and last day because we were able to stay a little longer.. no need to pay high Disney prices. I decided to try out priceline on airfare ( like it could get cheaper) and on booking a package. I am booking 2 one way tickets. For flight and one night it finds deals 31 a person incuding airfare.
Just not sure if its a good idea I always book straight from the airline. In this case the 25 one way/49rt airfare is non refundable anyways so maybe.

So I am ready to book the flight, its $49 RT on American. We also need a hotel the first and last day because we were able to stay a little longer.. no need to pay high Disney prices. I decided to try out priceline on airfare ( like it could get cheaper) and on booking a package. I am booking 2 one way tickets. For flight and one night it finds deals 31 a person incuding airfare.
Just not sure if its a good idea I always book straight from the airline. In this case the 25 one way/49rt airfare is non refundable anyways so maybe.
If it’s already that affordable through the airline I would definitely book direct. Airlines are cancelling and changing so many flights these days, and booking through any middleman (and especially discount travel wholesalers) strips you of control over your reservation. If they change your flight and you don’t like the change, you might end up on a very long hold trying to get Priceline to help. Maybe the price is so cheap you don’t care and could just book another flight direct with the airlines, but the stress would not be worth the savings to me. If you already booked it then don’t mind me I’m sure it will be fine :rolleyes1

That would be good. I saw OKW on HW as a revealed booking and the 2BR for a week in mid-November was $931/night. Don’t know the regular prices, but that didn’t seem like much of a deal.

Since nearly every resort was on there as a regular booking, it would seem that inventory is high, which bodes well for opaque deals later.
That sounds somewhere around rack rate. Typically off season 2BR at OKW run $900-1000 after tax.
Same. We technically have a trip scheduled for November, but no tickets or hotel yet. I'm waiting to see if they make it worthwhile for me to renew my AP (aka, massive discounts and/or a price decrease, because I'm not paying $1100 to not be able to park hop & have to make daily reservations) or if I should buy normal tickets. I sent them an email, but they sent back something along the line of "Sorry, we don't have that information right now". Sigh.
Right now Disney is showing it at $1,012 for my night before taxes at rack rate. So I’m really hoping for that AP discount lol. We are looking to add on a night in the beginning of a trip with friends who have DVC. It’s possible we could do two hotel rooms and then move to the 2BR, but I’d rather avoid the hassle of moving rooms. But for $1,000+ a night it might be necessary.

If it’s already that affordable through the airline I would definitely book direct. Airlines are cancelling and changing so many flights these days, and booking through any middleman (and especially discount travel wholesalers) strips you of control over your reservation. If they change your flight and you don’t like the change, you might end up on a very long hold trying to get Priceline to help. Maybe the price is so cheap you don’t care and could just book another flight direct with the airlines, but the stress would not be worth the savings to me. If you already booked it then don’t mind me I’m sure it will be fine :rolleyes1
I so agree I just needed someone else to say it thanks all :)

Right now Disney is showing it at $1,012 for my night before taxes at rack rate. So I’m really hoping for that AP discount lol. We are looking to add on a night in the beginning of a trip with friends who have DVC. It’s possible we could do two hotel rooms and then move to the 2BR, but I’d rather avoid the hassle of moving rooms. But for $1,000+ a night it might be necessary.
I called them the other day just to see if I qualify for a discount and they gave me 20% off.. i was upset that I paid for the pop upgrade and all stars got it for free.. it made my room cheaper than the all star rate was when i purchased.. might be worth a call and an hour wait

Good/bad news.....WDW hotels are back on Express deals. Theres 2, 3.5 stars bonnet creek with airport shuttle for $184/night and $186 so I'm assuming CBR and CSR. Also a 3 star with air port shuttle for $116/night. However, when I click on them I get the message looks like this hotel is no longer available.....boo! But it's a start, maybe they're just loading them in. For reference, I'm looking at the 1st weekend in Aug.

Good/bad news.....WDW hotels are back on Express deals. Theres 2, 3.5 stars bonnet creek with airport shuttle for $184/night and $186 so I'm assuming CBR and CSR. Also a 3 star with air port shuttle for $116/night. However, when I click on them I get the message looks like this hotel is no longer available.....boo! But it's a start, maybe they're just loading them in. For reference, I'm looking at the 1st weekend in Aug.

Interesting, the only deals I could get to show up were a WL deal for $323 that also had a $625 option that appears to be a club-level room (I don't think CL is available now, so that is suspicious), and some BC Villas deals for a high $ amount as well. BC Villas are pretty rare on Priceline Express.
However, like @nicolel I am seeing a bunch of other "placeholder" deals that you can't book yet all the way into the Fall, so fingers crossed for anyone looking they might go live soon.

Interesting, the only deals I could get to show up were a WL deal for $323 that also had a $625 option that appears to be a club-level room (I don't think CL is available now, so that is suspicious), and some BC Villas deals for a high $ amount as well. BC Villas are pretty rare on Priceline Express.
However, like @nicolel I am seeing a bunch of other "placeholder" deals that you can't book yet all the way into the Fall, so fingers crossed for anyone looking they might go live soon.
That is suspicious since WL isn't even open. As you mentioned, CL isn't available anywhere either far as I know as well.
We were supposed to stay at WL next month (had a great deal!) and WDW switched us. As far as I know, they aren't taking WL reservations for the rest of 2020 or next year at this time.

Could it be a 1 or 2 BR? The only rooms at WL are the DVC rooms.

I agree it is weird since only some resorts are open.

Priceline is famous for doing weird things with deals - this kind of looks like other times where it looks like someone flipped a switch that said "show all of the resorts" but didn't flip the other switch that says make them bookable.

It seems like they are just getting ready for a future release, so wouldn't read too much into what's out there now, they could all change tomorrow.
(Which would be good, since most of the things I see aren't worth booking based on price, especially as a non-refundable hidden deal - forget about the current health situation in the world making non-refundable much more risky.)

The one $625 deal does just look like a regular CL room - the room rate description in the HTML code specifically says "Deluxe Room - Club Level Access."

I agree it is weird since only some resorts are open.

Priceline is famous for doing weird things with deals - this kind of looks like other times where it looks like someone flipped a switch that said "show all of the resorts" but didn't flip the other switch that says make them bookable.

It seems like they are just getting ready for a future release, so wouldn't read too much into what's out there now, they could all change tomorrow.
(Which would be good, since most of the things I see aren't worth booking based on price, especially as a non-refundable hidden deal - forget about the current health situation in the world making non-refundable much more risky.)

The one $625 deal does just look like a regular CL room - the room rate description in the HTML code specifically says "Deluxe Room - Club Level Access."
Great points.
I've noticed Priceline has also upped its emails again - at first, I was receiving % off emails but now they are just emails saying come see our "deals" and list cities I've searched in the email, but don't offer anything either in the email or on the website.

(I doubt I'll be booking any PLE bookings anytime soon - but this will always be one of my favorite threads to follow! :) )

On PL now and they have WL on here bookable for Aug. 1. And its NOT BRV or CCV, its actually WL. It says nature view bunk bed or courtyard view bunk bed.

On a side note, theres an express deal that comes up and they are bookable today for a 4.5 star bonnet creek, 9+ guest rating. Room options are deluxe studio standard, deluxe studio, room with standard view, room assigned at check in. Is this Jambo house? I dont know which villas are 4.5 star?

On PL now and they have WL on here bookable for Aug. 1. And its NOT BRV or CCV, its actually WL. It says nature view bunk bed or courtyard view bunk bed.

On a side note, theres an express deal that comes up and they are bookable today for a 4.5 star bonnet creek, 9+ guest rating. Room options are deluxe studio standard, deluxe studio, room with standard view, room assigned at check in. Is this Jambo house? I dont know which villas are 4.5 star?
The only 4.5* 9-rated resorts in BC are AK Jambo and GF - so, yep will be Jambo rooms.

I'm seeing a lot more deals letting me get one more step to the booking page, but once you choose a room it then sends you get the "Sorry! sold out!" message.
So, different but still the same outcome on most deals. Guess we'll see what tomorrow brings!

Has anyone seen any Disney hotels pop up yet? I'm only good at Hotwire, not Priceline, and I haven't seen anything there. :/

Fingers crossed they become bookable because I've found Yacht Club for $260 a night in express deal. I'd gladly take it lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter