Price Increases Mid January

What is fascinating is that they got caught in Hawaii, not on their own turf. I can't imagine this not being part of their corporate culture. They must be doing all kinds of things but just never get caught in Florida. It also puts their relationship with the government in California in a new light for me. I had always assumed Disney was the victim of an oppressive government in California. Maybe not...

The nice looking mouse makes Disney seem less like the cold corporation that they are. Make no mistake, though, they are in it only to make money, and to spend as little as possible of it in doing so.
It wouldn't surprise me if they get quite a bit of looking the other way in Florida. They are, after all, the whole reason that central Florida is considered a hot spot at all. There's a reason that every time my family flies to MCO, somebody on the plane asks one of my children whether they are going to Disney or not. California and Hawaii are not nearly as dependent on Disney, so they will look to take every last dollar out of them that they can, as the tax from theme park tickets is not nearly as lucrative in those locations.

Florida regulation very much favors businesses.

Hawaii has stronger regulations on almost everything.

Per guide this morning,

Boulder Ridge Villas (BRV) going from 171 to 176.
Copper Creek Villas (CCV) going from 182 to 188.

Coming from the UK, I often see how USA seems to have less consumer protection than here . That's one reason I was surprised to learn points could be made out of thin air.
Another example, if we buy some goods and they are defective, we have what is effectively at least a statutory 2 year warranty and up to 6 years. In US what is the warranty usually, about 6 months?
I think this permeates into other areas like timeshares, then again DVC got a license to sell it here also!

Coming from the UK, I often see how USA seems to have less consumer protection than here . That's one reason I was surprised to learn points could be made out of thin air.
Another example, if we buy some goods and they are defective, we have what is effectively at least a statutory 2 year warranty and up to 6 years. In US what is the warranty usually, about 6 months?
I think this permeates into other areas like timeshares, then again DVC got a license to sell it here also!

It gives Credit cards a good offering point - extended warranties!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter