Price Increases Mid January

Jim Ousley

Disneyfamilyof6
I spoke with my guide this am.

Prices are going up anywhere from 5.00 per resort to 40.00.

Old Key west is going up 5.00.

Grand California was huge as was beach club.

I think he said Beach Club as going to 225.00.

Grand California was like 260.00 or so.

He didn't tell me all the prices but he knew what they were.

He made the comment that Beach club at 225 for the 2042 expiration was crazy.

Anyone else hear prices?

I assumed this was coming but they already bumped beach club more than some of the others last time .Wonder what the significance of that is.

I don't have any really good guesses but they have to be thinking about what's going to happen in 2042. I think they will leave OKW low because they want as much of those points at 2057 as possible. I think they'll reach their goal. I think they'll start bumping SSR a little higher than OKW .

I kind of wonder if they'll extend Beach Club to 2050 ish to stagger end dates some more. Wish it was gonna be BWV but my guess is it'll be BCV . Smaller resort. Easier goal to obtain.

The reality is that Disney don't want to screw around with selling BCV, VGF or VGC direct. I don't think it's at all around "thoughts of 2042" and more around "the best margins on direct are on the new builds."

But why those in particullar?

VGC probably because of California factors, plus size.

VGF and BCV are both pretty small overall, and depending on the contracts being taken (foreclosure, ROFR) and the contract size requests direct, they create a pool of orphan points against different declared units that are a nuisance to then rebundle and sell. The more effort it takes to rebundle, the worse the margin gets.

I just saw a very troublesome rumor on Facebook indicating additional restrictions for resale purchases after January 19th - unable to use them for stays at new DVC resorts. Hoping this isn’t true, but where there is smoke...

I just saw a very troublesome rumor on Facebook indicating additional restrictions for resale purchases after January 19th - unable to use them for stays at new DVC resorts. Hoping this isn’t true, but where there is smoke...

I just saw this as well, one of the DVC resale brokers is looking into it.

We went to a DVC presentation at SSR today and our guide told us the same thing. Direct price increase and resale points will be restricted from booking at new resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter