Price increase -- It's Here! (2/11/20)

HI
It appears to be up on the app - I just checked the website and I get the 'working on it' but the app is up and running.
Can you see it on there?
Yes, I can see it on the app. Prices did indeed go up -- but from what I can see right now (looking at AP prices), the hit doesn't look too disastrous. Assuming this isn't a two hike year... (my Disney paranoia strikes again).
Is the SoCal Select AP gone? I can't find it on my app.

It looks like there are 5 Tiers of 1 day park tickets now, instead of just Value/Regular/Peak. 1-Day 1PPD ranges from $104-$154 depending on how the day is classified.

It's disappeared again from the app so obviously they're still getting it loaded, website still not up.
Won't be long I guess and it will all be there

Not surprised about the MP price increase.
I'm also not surprised about the increase but geez, it's getting up there for families isn't it : (
I haven't paid over $10/day for it. When we were last there in July '19 I'd bought the tickets about 8 - 10mths ahead of our trip before the last increase before this one so got it for $10/day.

I know you don't HAVE to have it but once you have used it, it's really hard to think about going without it! I know I wouldn't - it's just so convenient.

Yes, I can see it on the app. Prices did indeed go up -- but from what I can see right now (looking at AP prices), the hit doesn't look too disastrous. Assuming this isn't a two hike year... (my Disney paranoia strikes again).
Is the SoCal Select AP gone? I can't find it on my app.
i can’t find it now but I swear I saw some sales material a month or so ago that talked about the blackout dates for various AP options and the SoCal Select was listed as no longer available then.

We're going to DL in March and had purchased 3 out of the 4 tickets we needed for the trip. Prior to this increase, the price of a 2-day one park per day ticket with 2 days of Max Pass was $255. Now it's $275!

Frustrating. Predictable, but frustrating.

After this trip, I think we might go back to our old FP collection method where I ran around the park all the time with our tickets. For a family of 4, that's $80 extra per day. It was a steal when it was $10/ticket ($40/day). And I could mentally handle it at $15/day. But at the $20/day price point, I think that's too high. Especially when you add $25/day parking on top of it and all the rest.

We're going to DL in March and had purchased 3 out of the 4 tickets we needed for the trip. Prior to this increase, the price of a 2-day one park per day ticket with 2 days of Max Pass was $255. Now it's $275!

Frustrating. Predictable, but frustrating.

Check out Undercover Tourist to buy that last ticket. They usually have inventory at the "old" price for at least a couple days.

i can’t find it now but I swear I saw some sales material a month or so ago that talked about the blackout dates for various AP options and the SoCal Select was listed as no longer available then.
It’s still there on the website. It’s the so cal pass that you can’t see since it’s renewal only.

After this trip, I think we might go back to our old FP collection method where I ran around the park all the time with our tickets. For a family of 4, that's $80 extra per day. It was a steal when it was $10/ticket ($40/day). And I could mentally handle it at $15/day. But at the $20/day price point, I think that's too high. Especially when you add $25/day parking on top of it and all the rest.

Yeah we will no longer add max pass all the time. We may look at adding it to the annual passes if it’s in the budget, but we’ll go back to probably just doing max pass around the holidays and when it’s really crowded.

Thank goodness I have the family's tickets with MP on them already. Now I just need to increase my budget for the trip by $5/day... ugh... At this rate, when I renew my FlexPass, I'll HAVE to add MP onto it or it would be more expensive to get it a la carte as I'll be going twice next year too! That's quite the money grab - increase the price of the pass by $120, then increase the MP price too.

I wish I could charge for things like Disney and airlines do! "Oh, you want to talk to me for 15 minutes? That'll be $15 for the use of my air. You want me to go online to pay bills through my banking app? I'm going to need to charge you a service fee."

Just grabbed 2 adult park hopper WITH MaxPass from UT for the old prices ...... even with the MaxPass old prices . Was 883.90 for 2 adults . Disneyland price for the same is now $1030 . :crazy2: . That’s almost $150 savings . Better get them quick , don’t think they will last too long at UT !
Was going to get them from LMTC , but really wanted the MaxPass ( at the old price ! ) attached to our tickets !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter